It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sure - landing strips, perhaps not. Though it's no easy feat to make straight lines that go over hills and mountains like that. Some kind of navigational aid comes to mind - but from what perspective, I couldn't really say (the picture in your post would seem to indicate navigational aids from the ground - while some of the aerial photographs seem to indicate some other use).

Perhaps it was simply just a "look at what we did!" - There's an entire subset of art that is based around perspective - to see the artwork as intended, one must be standing in just the right spot to see it all come together. This is particularly popular in making structures that appear to be impossible, when looking at them from the "sweet spot." Though they make little sense when you look at them from any other angle.

www.amusingplanet.com...

In that way, perhaps in another time and place, the point of such geometric arrangements on the ground would make more sense.

Or not. Maybe it's abstract art. "I wonder what people 6,000 years from now will think about this?" "Well, it's meant to be whatever they want it to be - it's our gift of wisdom to all future generations." "... Sure they won't think those flying silver things did it?" "What? Have you seen what those guys consider art!? How could any human attribute this to the flying silver things!?"

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
Does anybody wonder if these Ancient Aliens were actually an ancient "advanced race" from Earth. That fell out with each other and decided to blow each other up and leave in their Aeroplanes ?.

Sound familiar ??

OP excellent layed out work and you´ve got me thinking, alot !

Peace.

I think this might be more of the answer than ancient aliens. If you look at how history is presented to the masses most will notice that tptb are trying to hide our orgins and past from us.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Teeky because: wordswitch

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
do you happen to have any theory or explanation on how the megalithic stone work was made (especially the quartz and granite ones ) and how it was built under near perfect alignments, not only to cardinal points but to constellations?

sometimes these massive stones were gathered on one mountain then placed on another.
i am not saying that it was aliens, i am just curious on what you think in that area...

thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
just another resident debunker just debunkin' away...haven't convinced me though as it's all just your opinion stated as if it were fact and thus...debunked...too many anomalies with no way to currently completely explain many of them as of yet...whether it was aliens or just human enginuity i don't know...but I'm willing to bet you can't debunk them with anything other than opinion plain and simple buddy

bonez summed up my thoughts even better than I could myself

edit on 4-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Daniken is allowed to assert without challenge that the ANGELS described by Enoch were aliens.

The gods and their angels were not of this Earth. That automatically makes them aliens.

John 18:36:

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world...."

Jesus even admits that his kingdom is not of this world. That means his kingdom is elsewhere. That makes him an alien to this world by the very definition of "alien".

When "god" descended onto Mt. Sinai, he descended in great smoke and fire, and the ground quaked. What do we have nowadays that creates great smoke and fire and makes the ground quake? Oh yeah, that would be the space shuttle and its booster rockets, for example.

Then "god" told Moses to make a perimeter around the mountain and that if anyone were to touch the mountain, they would surely be killed whether it be man or animal. But how do you make a perimeter around a mountain? Why would a man or animal die for touching a mountain? Because that is not the proper interpretation.

What the bible should say is that "god" told Moses to make a perimeter around the spaceship and to not let anybody touch the ship or they would surely die. A spaceship would also create smoke and fire and cause the ground to quake..

The gods ascended and descended from the sky in their chariots or spaceships. That automatically makes them "alien".

Furthermore, back on the topic of Enoch. Enoch was taken up in a chariot (spaceship) and was flown around the world to see the world from the sky. Enoch was then taken into space, shown the sun, moon, stars, Earth, the rotation of all of them, the seasons, etc. Whoever was able to take Enoch into space and show him the rotation of the celestial bodies, had to be aliens because humans didn't posses that technology thousands of years ago.

eye witness reports do not count as evidence.

This part right here burns my ass. It is completely false. Do you have any idea how many murder or other cases have been prosecuted and won by just witness testimony alone? If three people see you stab someone, they don't need the physical knife to prosecute you. Three people saw you stab someone, you're going to jail. Period.

- evidence

information drawn from personal testimony, a document, or a material object, used to establish facts in a legal investigation or admissible as testimony in a law court:
Source

- evidence

The most common form of evidence is the testimony of witnesses.
Source

Where you learned that witness testimony is not evidence is beyond my comprehension, but it also kills your credibility. Not to mention, your whole thread is based on your opinions and own bias.

And as such: No, the ancient alien theory is far from, and not even close to being, debunked.

edit on 4-6-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chindogu

The first picture you posted I believe is a wood carving from Nuremberg supposedly depicting an event in which orbs of some kind appeared in the sky. It certainly is strange but I think it could just as easily depict a meteor shower or a mass hallucination of some kind.

I've seen several model airplane versions of that artifact built. While it is astounding that when scaled up the model is aerodynamic I think that just speaks to the ingenuity or cleverness of those that made it, either that or it could be an unlikely coincidence. The odds are against the alien explanation however without some evidence that the ancients possessed a full scale operational plane fitting its description that was not designed by them.

reply to post by Doublemint

but in my opion it does mean you can throw any idea out there any possiblity is possible untill proven false.

While it is true that almost anything is possible science must follow where the evidence points. The conclusion is drawn from the evidence not the evidence drawn from a preconceived conclusion. In the video Daniken himself suggests that he started with the conclusion and then went out looking for evidence.

reply to post by _BoneZ_

That automatically makes them aliens.

In a sense yes but in not in the physical sense of lifeforms from another planet. Angels are typically supernatural beings, not mere biological entities. They are technically aliens.

Oh yeah, that would be the space shuttle and its booster rockets, for example.

It would also fit with Yahweh's storm god origins. It would not, however, fit with modern UFO accounts which typically described UFOs that hover silently. It also might not fit with an interstellar craft. Our space shuttle sure does make a lot of noise but its also not capable of breaking the light barrier, a craft capable of coming to Earth from another planet wouldn't necessarily sound anything like a quake.

Because that is not the proper interpretation.

Contact with Yahweh in the old testament often causes death. This is why only the high priest could go into the Holy of Holies to see the Ark. It's a curious thing indeed but is it consistent with what we'd expect from an alien being?

That automatically makes them "alien".

Again on a technicality. It does not, however, make them real. And of course there gods like the Greek gods who lived not off of the Earth but on Mount Olympus. Not all gods descended or ascended and not all lived off of the Earth. Even if they did it wouldn't prove that they existed AND were aliens.

had to be aliens because humans didn't posses that technology thousands of years ago.

Had to be aliens? There's a reason why the story couldn't be mythology? There's a reason why it can't be fiction?

Do you have any idea how many murder or other cases have been prosecuted and won by just witness testimony alone?

I was unaware we were dealing in a court room and not going by scientific levels of evidence. And very few murder cases are decided by eye witness testimony, if they are than the jury has been duped into thinking eye witness testimony makes a case. It is forensics that is the strongest evidence, especially DNA. Human beings are very poor observers generally.

Your definitions are pointless, we're not talking about a court of law, we're dealing with science. When it comes to science eye witness testimony, especially of something incredible, isn't evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Not to mention, your whole thread is based on your opinions and own bias.

If by bias you mean employing simple skepticism to point out the flaws in AAH proponents claims, than yes, I am biased, towards doubting fallacious reasoning, imaginative reinterpretation and pointless speculation.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Version100
If a man of Oppenheimer's genius believed it...

Just sayin'

You are making an appeal-to-authority

Yes, I am.

Robert Oppenheimer was smarter and far better educated than you, so, naturally,
I place his opinion above yours.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, in short Gods in Heaven are what you call Aliens that part is correct, there are so many Species they are all over this Universe, they are walking this Planet and they are in our waters...... beneath our grounds they live where they are able to survive.... many are in ships that appear as stars in our skies. They live within our Moon and Mars and so on..... they travel our skies every single day at speeds your eyes are unable to capture and you only see when they slow enough for you.

We are considered a stupid Species in the Cosmos but with some intelligence and worth study. They plant the seeds within us and wait for this info to come into fruition that's the way it is. They actually say we are evolving to slowly but still worth a study.

The Nasca Lines aren't for landing they don't need that
it is simply an old directional locator for them.

I watch the show and many things on there are right on.

I wrote in another thread about the Starchild skull the sculptor did an exceptional job and was right on. The one thing is his eyes aren't black they are like ours in a way...... he is not a Grey his skin is like tannish in color like the white man and he wears a monk style covering with a rope at waist. The one I had attendance with was at a computer with star maps......... they are still mapping this vast Universe.

Just about everything is right out in the open and it is because it is not believed what a better way to do things

edit on 4-6-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by observe50 because: edited to add: This Being is not a child as for his Speicie with Human mixture he is extremely inteligent

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Chindogu

The first picture you posted I believe is a wood carving from Nuremberg supposedly depicting an event in which orbs of some kind appeared in the sky. It certainly is strange but I think it could just as easily depict a meteor shower or a mass hallucination of some kind.

Mass hallucination??

Really?

So all of the ancient civilizations from each part of the globe just coincidentally hallucinated the EXACT same events that were taking place in the sky?

Tell me, what drug was EVERYBODY on at the same time that create hallucinations so real that they all saw?
edit on 4-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Everyone on the planet witnessed the Nuremberg event? Gimme a break. It's a supposed sighting that took place in one city in Germany for which I've seen not a single shred of other evidence besides that picture. And yes mass hallucination is a far more likely explanation than aliens, though not nearly as likely as it being a meteor shower or some other aerial phenomenon. Even if we established that these people saw entirely unidentified objects soaring in the sky we'd still only be able to call them unidentified.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
OP, well done!
I have to admit that I do love that series and watch every show, but not because of the crackpot theories but rather because the basic premise is correct- there are a lot of strange, unexplained structures, carvings, statues, etc. around the world and it's fascinating to see them. They do a great job of showing off these oddities and explaining why they are such a mystery, but then they make a HUGE leap of faith when they attribute them to ETs when there's absolutely no connection at all.

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
@ OP: You deny the Nazca lines were used for alien craft, yet you fail to provide a logic alternative.

That's because he's not attempting to prove what they are, only contest that they are airstrips for spaceships. Do you think that spaceships that could travel from other star systems would need the same type of landing strip that an earth-bound aircraft needs? It makes no sense. Surely an advanced spaceship would have VTOL capabilities and would have no need of landing strips. Besides, why would there be landing strips without structures? As large as they are and considering how many of the "strips" cross over each other, surely a control tower of some kind would be required. Not to mention hangars for repairing craft, refueling stations, etc. Seems unlikely that the strips would remain while all other "evidence" has somehow disappeared.

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
If you did you might know that people will always attribute the things they can not comprehend to known things already present in their memory. That means they will see an advanced flying machine and of course later on depict it in a form they know but with the witnessed properties. In this case a chariot that could fly.

I agree with you on this, it's certainly plausible that if ancient people witnessed a flying machine they'd render it as something like a chariot in the air because that's their frame of reference. However, this isn't proof that they did see spaceships. While it's plausible, it's also plausible that it was purely mythological, we just don't know. It doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

edit on 4-6-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Everyone on the planet witnessed the Nuremberg event? Gimme a break. It's a supposed sighting that took place in one city in Germany for which I've seen not a single shred of other evidence besides that picture. And yes mass hallucination is a far more likely explanation than aliens, though not nearly as likely as it being a meteor shower or some other aerial phenomenon. Even if we established that these people saw entirely unidentified objects soaring in the sky we'd still only be able to call them unidentified.

I wasn't speaking about the Nuremberg event.

I was literally speaking about the flying vessels in our ancient history.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I can't deny the human race has a long history of seeing unidentified things in the sky but how is there desire to portray them as craft (chariots) any different from our attempts to say they are saucers containing aliens? In both cases it would just be a superstitious tendency to attach agency to UFOs. UFOs are just that, unidentified. It's likely that a number of factors create them and most of them can be explained away there will always be those that remain unidentified. To just call them aliens is another argument from ignorance, we have no evidence that that's what they are. As much as it might bother us I think it best to just leave them a mystery until we can discover more about them or find some much needed physical evidence.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I can't deny the human race has a long history of seeing unidentified things in the sky but how is there desire to portray them as craft (chariots) any different from our attempts to say they are saucers containing aliens? In both cases it would just be a superstitious tendency to attach agency to UFOs. UFOs are just that, unidentified. It's likely that a number of factors create them and most of them can be explained away there will always be those that remain unidentified. To just call them aliens is another argument from ignorance, we have no evidence that that's what they are. As much as it might bother us I think it best to just leave them a mystery until we can discover more about them or find some much needed physical evidence.

We have no evidence because

1. The craft is no longer here

2. We can't travel back into time (yet)

So......

Flying vessels in the sky in the era of our ancient civilizations were.........

Flying vessels.

According to all biblical text, who rode in these flying vessels? The Gods (and angels)

They themselves were not of Earth origin, as the texts say that they descended and ascended back and forward to Earth.

So explain again why this makes them not extraterrestrial beings????

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist
Fair enough OP.

I am curious what you think of the mountain tops that have seemingly been planed off perfectly flat. All other mountains of their peaks. No debris as such.

How was this done? It doesn't appear to be natural. If man made, what was it's purpose?

that one's simple.

If you didn't already know, in ancient times these mountains were made of Parmesan cheese. One day, God wanted a little snack and decided to make a nice Caesar salad and chose this particular mountain to shave off a few slices

I'm intrigued by this anomaly as well. Without having to dig for it (I'm lazy), are the "flattened" tops perfectly flat or aligned with the horizon?

Also - thanks OP for taking the time to write this up. I don't agree or disagree with everything you present or with what the shows present (and other posters) but it's an entertaining read nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

I agree. They would have had to mined for diamonds and understood the hardness scale. Some of the work done thousands of years ago make us look like the cavemen. Granite is granite, I have worked with almost every stone, marble, travertine, limestone soapstone etc. and to do the feats they did, impossible. I worked with many people that have done it for years as well, and talent is hard to come by, and we are dealing with journeymen with proper tools.

It is just interesting and there is no valid explanation. There are outlandish ones andit seems like one of those is going to be the proper answer.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

In a sense yes but in not in the physical sense of lifeforms from another planet. Angels are typically supernatural beings, not mere biological entities. They are technically aliens.

Jesus was a flesh and blood man. He admitted he was not of this Earth. That makes him an alien in actuality, not technicality. The angels were also biological entities. How could the angels copulate with humans if they were only supernatural? Where do you learn your bible studies from?

a craft capable of coming to Earth from another planet wouldn't necessarily sound anything like a quake.

And how could you possibly know this? Have we had so many verifiable alien crafts visit this planet for you to come to that conclusion? No, you're using your opinion and bias, again.

Nobody can even begin to comprehend the mechanics of such an interstellar craft because we haven't invented one, and one has never been inspected by us before. So please, don't sit there and pretend to know how a craft from another planet might or might not sound like.

There's a reason why the story couldn't be mythology? There's a reason why it can't be fiction?

If you read the book of Enoch, you wouldn't even have to ask such ridiculous questions. If one has never flown before, and have never been anywhere else but their own locale, how does one describe being taken around the world in the air, and describe what they're seeing from the air? Enoch gives a detailed account of his travel around the earth, and then ascent into space and he gives a very detailed description of our local area of space, from space.

Enoch even said that the angels (aliens) had names for all of the stars in the heavens. That wouldn't be surprising if an alien race were able to easily traverse the stars. Of course they would have names for all the star systems.

I was unaware we were dealing in a court room and not going by scientific levels of evidence.

Witness testimony is evidence, whether it be scientific, or in a court of law. Do you not understand how scientific studies work and how witness testimony helps prove/disprove scientific studies?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To the OP .. Titen-Sxull
sorry I had to re edit this as I forgot how to spell yer name ..

Well I gather you debunk the facts all of them that has to do with ancient Aliens or entity’s is that right ??

If you do feel this way I wont bother even replying it's not worth my time and effort to sit here an argue with your pre hand picked bunch of debunkers ..

I disagree with you and that alone is nuff said .. I have made myself very clear about this topic and will not get caught in your miserable woven thread

If you disagree with this and have somethbing better to add .. im all ears other than that good luck on yer thread
edit on 4-6-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: name insertion

edit on 4-6-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well i think what we're missing here is that the show is presenting the AAT case and letting you decide based on what they believe. much of it seems plausible. tsukolis or whatever his name is, is clearly a "i WANT to believe" kind of personality, similar to those religious types.

when i was 6 years old i asked my mom when she dragged us to church "how do you know angels aren't just aliens?". it's more likely aliens helped shaped us than any "god" did.

all the show is saying is "this could be...". i've watched the entire series multiple times, nobody is saying "THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH PROOF POSITIVE". but somebody has to be (or wishes they were) the "who debunked a theory" that is different from their own beliefs.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join