It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

Originally posted by Aarcadius
reply to post by _kuma_

the coliseum was a very nice monument ey? wheres half of it? the leaning tower? thats just a joke.

a lot of our city's that are only a few hundred years old would fall to a quake... yet the pyramids in Giza, the Mayan pyramids, the Easter island statues, the great wall etc... have all been around for so much more then that and guess what mate! they are all still there....yep Im telling you they are! don't believe me? check. if we didn't remove it, then its still there. now just for a bit of humor imagine that 9/11 happened in Egypt and those planes that brought down the twins so easily with or without the missiles(what ever your thoughts about that situation are i personally dont care the slightest.)
had hit any of the pyramids. what result would you come to? that the pyramids would fall? that the explosion would blast away quake proof construction? i somehow doubt anything would happen... maybe we would need to put a few missing blocks back... maybe.

our building structures seem to point to the fact that we are going backwards. yes we are using much newer materials but that changes nothing... all that says to me is we learned to dig and heat.

this must be the dumbest post I´ve ever read.
seriously.

Really? Why? Never mind don't answer...

May I add to that list, the Nasca Lines? Or is that dumb too?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Agreed it's not dumb, as for the Nazca lines, the strangeness seems to point more to being representative rather than something practical, the creature markings, along with the lines are like a McDonald's.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I'm not really following you on the McDonalds reference...I was merely pointing out that the weather in Nasca is a unique coincidence for the Lines to remain intact for as long as they have been. Considering the annual rain fall, wind, temperature, seismic activity, etc....quite amazing.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
reply to post by smurfy

I'm not really following you on the McDonalds reference...I was merely pointing out that the weather in Nasca is a unique coincidence for the Lines to remain intact for as long as they have been. Considering the annual rain fall, wind, temperature, seismic activity, etc....quite amazing.

Well the lines could be an imitation or copy of something like a landing strip, but they are repeated over and over again, and no doubt used in pilgrimage, but to what? the creatures though, are more like an advert to say, 'we are here' The lines are a mystery as yet only theorised about, including religious ideas, so they are open to debate on, quite the modern mystery.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm a fool. Was a fool. I was so fascinated with AA that I recorded every show and watched each show more then once. Thing is I found that the more rope the History Chanel gave AA theorist in the end AA theorist just hung them self. I found that the AA Therorist were about possibilities rather than probabilities. I did however learn about ancient sites and for that alone I am thankful.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denise2012
I'm a fool. Was a fool. I was so fascinated with AA that I recorded every show and watched each show more then once. Thing is I found that the more rope the History Chanel gave AA theorist in the end AA theorist just hung them self. I found that the AA Therorist were about possibilities rather than probabilities. I did however learn about ancient sites and for that alone I am thankful.

You're no fool.

You have merely educated yourself.

We are not born knowng everything. Well, most of us aren't, anyway!

I want to add that the only thing that show can teach anyone about any ancient site is how the site looks. Everything they say, every word uttered, is complete hogwash.

But the cinematography is pretty good.

Harte

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadiusa lot of our city's that are only a few hundred years old would fall to a quake...

Cities only a few hundred years old?

Where do you live, Australia or something, hahahahaha

Oh wait

There are cities that are a thousand years old that has suffered quake upon quake and they are still here.

As a sidenote: Men ruined the Colosseum, not an earthquake. Imagine if an earthquake proof skyscraper was stripped of all its metal, melted down to weapons. Yeah... It wouldnt be very reliable in an earthquake either.
edit on 9-4-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
here is a nice site from art historians that show popular misunderstanding in traditional arts as beeing UFOs.
..painted angels MUST be UFOS, ok? AAT is so disrespectful.

english/italian/portoguese language. its not hard to understand I think, I dont speak italian either

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

THIS is not an UFO:

edit on 9-4-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
here is a nice site from art historians that show popular misunderstanding in traditional arts as beeing UFOs.
..painted angels MUST be UFOS, ok? AAT is so disrespectful.

english/italian/portoguese language. its not hard to understand I think, I dont speak italian either

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

sprezzatura.it...

There's an old thread here by the user Cicada that spells it all out:
Link

Very well done thread, IMO.

Harte

sprezzatura.it...

THIS is not an UFO:

edit on 9-4-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They have left out a lot of information and you are not the only person to take notice.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm starting to really lean towards the argument, "They depicted what they saw." Where are our modern day sculptures of fictional characters? Where is the Batman and Spiderman statues?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hello Friends!

I have written a theory (still in development) in order to understand the aliens' thoughts and actions. And to understand the past and ongoing work related to aliens.

I have it published in my blog.

articles-and-intuition.blogspot.in...-form

Is this true that most developed planets will not like the universal advancement of a planet that lacks morals on behavioural front? Can a planet with great advancement and low morals become a threat to other planets of the universe? Has our developing earth become a threat to the peaceful universe? With the current development on earth, country attacks country. With the further development of earth, will planet attack planet? Will humans rule aliens or will humans get ruled by aliens? Is it an intelligent choice to attempt to reach other planets with life?
...continued in the blog...

Your feeback will help me develop further my work in this area.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Great thread. Good arguments on both sides.

One problem I have.

I have read all of Graham Hancocks books from the Sign and the Seal to Supernatural. Not once has he ever mentioned Aliens being responsible for Ancient sites. He leaves speculation like that to others. Maybe I missed something. His basic argument to me was that an ancient, as of yet unidentified civilization was responsible for our early development. If I am wrong please post links.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In Supernatural he does throw out the possibility that an advances alien culture is responsible for our spiritual development but he also stated that it could be interdimensional beings. His arguments are well laid out and supported by some solid interpretations of evidence.

Someone much earlier in this thread called him a fraud. That couldn't be further from the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
IMO the show is right one as I have written a few times before....maybe many aren't ready to accept as for the NASCA area it is a directional locator for the different Species of Life but heck what do I know

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Go to any comic book store. You will see plenty of statues of comic book characters.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm about to blow all of your freakin' minds! (the people left who still read this thread anyways lol)

I submit to you, video proof, that you can SINGLE HANDEDLY move and position megalithic stones using only; wooden tracks cut at right-angled steps, rock pebbles, planks of wood, rope, counter weights, leverage, gravity (All of which are in the ancient masons tool-bag), an the most underestimated tool of the ancient man of all, Ingenuity.

www.youtube.com...

Further substantiation of this claim can be found from AA themselves on an episode during season 3, where they discuss the Cart Rut Tracks carved into the ground at Malta, Ollantaytambo in Peru. These cart ruts could very well have been used to hold the wooden tracks in place as workers pushed them along towards their destination. Tsoukalos has discussed these tracks on various radio programs an websites also questioning their purpose as well.

Put youself in the shoes of an ancient carpenter with no technology. His job would be no different than a carpenter today. He would have to be clever and think outside the box to acomplish tasks presented to him. Using this system that this old man has discovered and shown, many skilled laborers could acomplish even bigger feets at even faster rates (Thereby proving that the pyramids would not have taken thousands of years to build and not require a super massive slave force). As someone in this thread posted befor, Ocram's Razor (The simplest answer is always the correct answer) is almost always correct. (Only in this situation this is actually the simplest answer, not aliens as the OP put it lol)

Still not a believer? Let's look at another AA episode. In this one they show a frail old man who single handedly built Coral Castle in Homestead, Florida, using megalithic coral stone statues and structures. (An befor you even say, "Well how did he get the ones that aren't retangle shaped in place?" Easy move the rectangle then carve it.) At this park there is a megalithic stone boulder that you can push with one hand, moving it in a circle the same exact way the old man in the previous video uses his pebbles. Obviously this anomalous park was created in the same exact way.

And here is the video proof of that...

www.youtube.com...

AA doesn't bother to show you that the park creator left the secret of his design in the park. Or that this "secret" method does potentially explain how the majority of ancient megalithic structures were created.

Still not convinced? Ok let's examine the infamous Nazca Lines and flattened mountian top. Supossedly they can only be witnessed from an airplane over-head in the sky. And yet according to wikipedia, they were discovered by a man hiking on the surrounding hiltops. How about the myth about them being preserved throughout winds an other natural erosion? Well another glance at wiki confirms that the area is usually very dry and windless, but some figures have been distorted due to winds and vandalism from current humans. So what about the flattened mountian top an "airfield runway" lines. First off, the cart ruts an the nazca lines are in the same country, so it is safe to assume that if that technology was used there it could be used in the other location as well. But what does that mean for Nazca? Well, why would that mountain be flat, an many, many straight line protruding for miles, even over other hillsides as they travel in the distance? Still not smacking you in the face yet? It's called a quarry. Megalithic stones could have been cut out of the mountain top, and then transported long distances via the wooden tracks, which would then in turn, leave long straight lines dispersing in all directions and over all obstacles. "Oh but Nazca isn't a confirmed quarry.." Yes, true, but we are still only now discovering all of the ruins in Peru even today, with the use of unmanned drone aircraft. Therefore, the stone blocks cut from Nazca could very well have been used to create other structures. And the entire site could have had a purpose. Of course that would mean that the geoglyphs of animals are just geoglyphs with some religous or cultural meaning, which is one of the most current accepted explanations anyway.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And now for the final arguement, "How did these cultures on the other sides of the world from eachother know these methods?" Well, the two men I just listed that figured it out, were both on opposite sides of the ocean, and seperated by many years (The guy who created Coral Castle has been dead for a long time), yet they figured it out under their own power.

So, there you go... It was actually Humans that did it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Daturainoxia

It's called a quarry.
Actually, its called a mesa.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
One last one...

The Famous Moai Heads of Easter Island that AA frequently talks about, believe it or not, have bodies that are buried in the sand. Another fact that AA leaves out, is that the heads, were originally carved out of the local volcanos on the island. And that it was a common funeral practice of the tribal peoples on the island to bring a megalithic stone to their "plot" on the island, and place an carve a head facing in a specific direction in a way to memorilize their ancestors that passed. Each tribe had to do this together each time, therefor they had to have known how to move the stones fairly easily. Wiki can collaborate what i jsut stated above.

www.snopes.com...

Now what can we gather from this image and the method of moving megalithic stones. Remember how the old man slid it into the hole, an gravity slowly stood it up. It certainly appears that these Maoi heads used a similar method to stand up their stones, as they are supported by the portion of the stone that is buried.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
thankyou for information

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56 >>

join