It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesBronson74

Agreed!!! He is just too much!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Having viewed pretty much ALL of the ancient alien episodes, I can say that they have, at least, done their homework.

You, however, have not.

While it may appear to be too neat and clean, to shore up all these ancient anomalies, at least they have put thought and real scientific processes to work to establish an underlying meaning to all these mysteries.

And, after hours and hours, one thing is clear.

This theory is an attempt that is unmatched on the 'debunking' side.

Perhaps one or two of these pieces of evidence are refutable, but NO Other theory has even tried to address these anomalies.

Bottom line: the theory is valid because it makes logical, if fantastic, sense.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I applaud the time and effort put into this, OP.

I've not been persuaded, however.

It's a multi-season program that is compacted with so many resources to conduct further, personal research to learn more on our own and come to our own conclusions. I did a ton of research based on the leads from that show and, while remaining noncommittal to many conspiracies/theories, I remain OPEN to the possibility of their truths.

I think that is what is most important - exposure to as much as you can absorb. Knowledge of possibilities. I don't see any reason to slam the door on a theory just because no one's "proven" it.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

I also agree we are and have been visited back then and now. By what or whom I do not know as none of us really do. I personally think there is room for all possibilities, Ancient Aliens, God and Angles ( Enoch's account and Bibles account) And also that men just were smart and figured out how to do things on there own! I think it's a combo of all of this. Not just one of these.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gman1972

This is one of those arguments that are trotted out by the guys selling 'ancient aliens/astronauts.'

Why would anyone need 'diamond-tipped' tech to cut granite?

We've been carving rock (granite included) for thousands of years without diamond-tipped power tools.

Back in the day, they'd use a long slab of copper and saw the crap out of granite using mineral sand as an abrasive. It's been replicated in modern times. There are vids on YT. The same idea was used to drill diorite. Yeah, it took a lot of effort and 'man-hours' but they weren't on a clock or had unions wanting fair conditions.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

good thread lots of info, but what if they thought it was a hypothesis instead of a conculsion.

You say that if you have ignorance that doesn't mean you can throw any idea out there, but in my opion it does mean you can throw any idea out there any possiblity is possible untill proven false.

and yes that is how science works they come up with an idea and then prove it to be wrong very rarelly do they ever come up with the right idea first and prove it to be right.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The "Ancient Aliens" theory is based on how things appear to us today, without considering how these ancient artifacts are supposed to function. Sure, to our modern eyes the Nazca lines appear to be runways, in that some of them are long and straight, but ignoring the crazy-quilt patterns most of them make or the fact that some of them run straight over hills and valleys. But how could they function as a landing strip when they're literally just scratches in the dirt? Try landing a multi-ton winged air- or spacecraft on them and I think you'll find out very quickly they're are decidedly not landing strips.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3213b2360c8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Honestly, who builds a runway right over a mountain?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Since the culture that created them is long gone, we have no idea how they 'functioned.'

Thus the term 'theory.'

My point is that the ancient astronaut theory may seem far fetched, as yet, there is no other theory that makes as much sense logically as this does.

Airstrips? Perhaps not, but how on earth did they move an entire mountain top? with no evidence of its remains in the surrounding valleys?

Also, every mineral on Earth is found on the Nasca Plateau, in one concentration or another.

It's the amalgamation of all these anomalies and many, many more that make the ancient astronaut theory plausible.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Now I'm not one to say I have studied a lot into the AA theory, but on thing that they brought up peaked my interest. I was a granite fabricator and I did things not only like counter tops, but columns, sculptures, pyramids and waves, so when look at a place like puma punku, and look at the precision at their stone work, something doesnt make sense with our current level of understanding.

This is exactly what I took away from AA series. Most of the theories do stretch the imagination but physical granite rock perfectly cut is hard to debunk. What evidence, if any, exists to prove diamond tipped equipment was used anyway....

edit on 4-6-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Go do it!

You have no clue what your on about.
edit on 4-6-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I get what you're saying but it's wrong for you to say that such and such an artifact isn't inspired by an actual machine or design. What kind of artifact would an ancient human create to represent this?
Shark plane

All of this is just opinion and whilst you may feel yours is more valid, quite frankly that isn't the case.
So your points are made and your opinion is expressed but that is all.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Being an artist who works with stone from time to time, I can tell you that copper would not even begin to scratch diorite, no matter how long you attempted it.

Diorite is the second hardest natural material on Earth, just slightly softer than diamonds.

Thus, the only thing we know of that would cut it is diamond.

At Pumu Punku, the diorite has been cut in such a way as to make OUR tools totally useless.

I repeat: There is no way we could replicate this, given our current level of technology.

If you have a better theory as to how they managed to cut an inset into one of the hardest materials on Earth, I'd love to hear it...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by 11I11
These are just your opinions, no hard evidence to back up your arguments against the ancient alien theory.

There is also no hard evidence to support the ancient alien theory.

All we have is speculation. Until something more tangible does show up, the questions we ask will continue to go unanswered.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

But there is more and more evidence..real solid evidence, the earlier man was much more technologically

evolved then formerly thought. it is tangible, like The Antikythera mechanism , the Bagdad Battery and the fact thay the tools we are told people had when many ancient cities were built could not have cut perfect round holes narrow angled corners and such through the hardest stone. They also had pluming an such in many of these places that surpasses some in areas of the world today.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Go do it!

You have no clue what your on about.

Go and google Denys Allen Experiments in Egypt.

Have a look at the Hall of Maat site...

AE & diorite

Copper slabbing saws

Check out some cathedrals too.

When you've got an informed comment to make, come right back and let me know all about it...

Hey, you can have a

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is a nut. He gives no credit to early man what so ever! Apparently EVERYTHING that happened in early times was done by aliens. I guess our ancestors just stood back with their thumbs up their @ss and watched...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not being funny?
But i watched about 2 AA episodes and pose very good points,and yet people debunk them..
Remeber,what the human mind doesnt except is usually because they dont understand it..
for instance,the pyraminds,we only just built them so many thousands of years ago,and yet the geza's date back about 10,000 BC? in about 6000 BC wed just about built crappy houses from a cave -_-"
...i hate debunkers when they only point oppinion not proof,and yes,i have no proof of their existance but at least proof through history of their existance up to today?actually weighs like 5x more..

I know it actually means changing your faith aswell as yuour belief but..its called acceptance,or open minded about EVERYTHING..i suggest you make friends with it

Basically..yes i noticed those mountains and funnily enough a friend spoke about them today..
The technology back then was incredibly minimal..and yet they built amazing things that we cant even do..now not being funny..but them saying about gods from the heavens helping the humans..im sorry but i believe..

I mean on the of the episodes was about tat wall/hill that was supposedly used as a 'doorway' where a priest king placed a gold disk in the 'key-hole' and opend (in our terms) a stargate..

Not being funny?but they could easily pinpoint magnetic interferences on our planet in set locations and harness them to be wormholes..especially like the account at bermuda..by sailers years ago,aswell as that account with that guy who actually had proof of his going in then comming out 3 minutes later with 30 mins knocked off his journey..am i going to believe what his says?damn straight i will when we have proof he went in..
Its like a scientist showing proof of something and were denying it...

Remember,dont be closed and skeptic,let everything unfold by itself and never disbelieve anything because you never know it could be true
ANYTHING..im not kidding..even if it sounds mad..

REMEMBER,WHAT SOUNDS MAD TO US,MAKES SENSE SOMEWHERE ELSE

Laters!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree that we shouldn't underestimate the intelligence of our ancestors and personally I think a lot of stuff that they come up with on that show is a huge stretch. But one of the best points I think the ancient astronaut theorists make has to do with the pyramids in Egypt and other structures that are mentioned in later episodes.

I just can't imagine that ancient people in Egypt had the ability to move gigantic stone blocks that weighed hundreds of tons (in some of the later episodes they talk about structures that are made of blocks weighing thousands of tons), and then accurately build them in the shape of a pyramid 150 meters high. It would be almost impossible for us to recreate the pyramids today even with all of the technology that we posses. As for the other structure that was made with the thousand ton blocks (I forget the name of it, I'll try to find it and post it later), it would take about 15 of our strongest machines to lift a block of that weight.

The biggest mystery to me though is that the Egyptians and some of the other civilizations mentioned were somehow able to do this without the knowledge of wheels or a pulley system. I don't see how they ever could have lifted hundred and in some cases thousand ton blocks so high.

Now I'm not saying that aliens must have built the pyramids (or at least leant a helping hand) simply because it's hard to believe that ancient people were able to build something like this with their limited technology, but it is an interesting point and I think we really need to look into it more.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You make an intersting point about the anthropomorphic nature of the head dresses.Given the shamanistic nature of the religions practised in that area at that time it makes alot of sense, and looking at it from the angle in your picture its hard not to agree agree with you as it has ears and i cant really see ancient aliens walking around with a set of bear ears on thier helmet.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Attempts at debunking the AAT are done by three groups of people:

1. The deeply religious

They are not ready to add logic, history, and science into their religious dogma because it makes their 'gods' and 'angels' tangible, physical beings that are not magical and are not in control. This makes them know that there is no 'god' in the sky that has there best interest at heart, granting 'prayers'. It leaves them responsible for their own fates.

2. Hardcore atheists

They are not ready to pick the bible back up, plain and simple. They don't want to acknowledge hidden history among ancient civilizations that spoke about 'the ones that came from heaven', even though there was no way for these civilizations to be on the same accord with stories about the gods. In fact, they detest acknowledging any affirmation of a 'god' period. To them, we simply evolved from primates, untouched and without interference overnight 'somehow' over a long, long time.

3. Arrogant scientists

They are not ready to acknowledge ANY entity that surpasses their intelligence level. They do not want admit that they just may NOT be the 'know-all supreme beings' of the universe; in fact, they really don't like the mention of the word 'extraterrestrial' all that much as it is. Any notion that another race of beings, whether 'gods' or aliens knocks them out of their fantasized position as the highest and most advanced beings.

NEITHER group is ready to face the truth, which is the fact that there were indeed gods who visited Earth, but they were just a more advanced race of beings, sent out on a mission.

Too much evidence supports that our DNA was genetically manipulated (96% primate & 4% "missing link")

WE did not have the mathematical ability nor the advanced machinery to build pyramids in the era that they were built.

We are not the only forms of life, or intelligent life in the universe.

The Ancient Alien Theory is the most logical, most evidential , and most accurate theory to explain mankind's overnight emergence on planet Earth.

edit on 4-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join