It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This thread is so far off from the truth. Even our bible talks about corporal Elohim, who will die like the adams, and so should not be propping up corruption but defend the needy. Psalm 82, and is loaded with crafts, cloud ships, red lit crafts and mountain bases.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ex-Vatican Translator, Mauro Biglino's Alternative Creation/Translation Theory

Aside from the literal words, all the different versions of the bible have conducted an outright lie. For example, the 10 commandments, they're not like that, the closest to that is the Egyptian book of Thoth.

Every record we have on earth goes back to ET. The ancients myths, ET. The red haired mummies. Atlantis, Lemuria, the past civilizations, the different skeletons found, the drawings, heiroglyps, its all ET.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy
The statue of David's face is not symmetrical at all, look at the hair, look at the eyes.
At least respond with something convincing haha.
Ahhh, the straws people grasp at sometimes.

The hair is not the face. The eyes are absolutely symmetrically placed.

Look at the cheeks.

Hahahahahaha the straws people like you grasp at to maintain a belief in a sparkly fantasy.

Harte

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This thread is so far off from the truth. Even our bible talks about corporal Elohim, who will die like the adams, and so should not be propping up corruption but defend the needy. Psalm 82, and is loaded with crafts, cloud ships, red lit crafts and mountain bases.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ex-Vatican Translator, Mauro Biglino's Alternative Creation/Translation Theory

Aside from the literal words, all the different versions of the bible have conducted an outright lie. For example, the 10 commandments, they're not like that, the closest to that is the Egyptian book of Thoth.

Believe what you want about the Bible, but the Book of Thoth doesn't even exist.

Maybe it did once, but the only time it has appeared that we know of was as a story element in a Ptolemaic Egyptian myth regarding how it's not for humans to have the knowledge of the gods.

Let me reiterate, your reference has neven been seen by anyone, so how could you know what's in it?

Harte

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I said it was a BAD example. No where did I state my beliefs. Did I?
Learn how to have a healthy debate. Instead of attacking me.
If you say it's "perfectly" symmetrical, at least post something better than a google image from a poor angle.
What are the measurements? Where is the analysis?
Quit looking silly and step your game up.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Hmmm......so brute force and human ingenuity can cut through granite, marble, and limestone?

Of course brute force and ingenuity can do this.

Limestone, granite and marble were all carved by hand by Greeks and Romans. Are you going to next say the aliens helped them too?

Harte

Carved by hands??

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The Bible isn't evidence of extraterrestrials, it isn't even evidence of it's own supernatural claims.

Lemuria and Atlantis are both legendary, neither have ever been found nor have any confirmed artifacts of either supposed civilization been recovered to my knowledge. So tying them to aliens is pointless if you haven't first established that they existed beyond myth. Where are these hieroglyphs that show aliens that you mention?

You may as well be preaching from the Necronomicon as far as I'm concerned, theosophy died in the early 20th century.

As for red-haired mummies I'm not sure what that could have to do with aliens, even supposing its true, unless all gingers are descended from aliens

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I suppose you ancient alien folks think it was tentacles and phaser guns

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
This group is not ready to pick the bible back up, plain and simple. They don't want to acknowledge hidden history among ancient civilizations that spoke about 'the ones that came from heaven', even though there was no way for these civilizations to be on the same accord with stories about the gods. In fact, they detest acknowledging any affirmation of a 'god' period. To them, we simply evolved from primates, untouched and without interference overnight 'somehow' over a long, long time.

Well, here is my conspiratorial view on why evolution is promoted. Most propaganda these days isn't a set of "tall tails", but is mostly a limited truth, a half truth, and the truth out of context. Based on my observations of evolution, I would say that it is the latter, it takes the truth, the observable science such as the claimed similarities between our chromosomes to that of apes, or the adaptation of bacteria, and then takes that out of context to mean that we somehow evolved from apes, all based on evidence that is circumstantial at best. To put it simply, it is 90% BS.

There is absolutely no proof of a creature ever changing into another type of creature anywhere, but I have come to the conclusion that evolution is being pushed for a political agenda. There is a specific reason why they want us to believe that we are evolved hairless apes. Going back to the episode titled "Ancient Aliens and the creation of man", now evolution is being spun off as extraterrestrial beings interbreeding & manipulating the DNA of Apes and other creatures that resulted in the creation of modern humans.

Ancient Aliens - Aliens And The Creation Of Man:

You see, there is always an ulterior motive behind all of the garbage being shoved down everyone's throats. The next theory they are going to teach us that will tie in with evolution about mans supposed origins will have a lot to do with this crap being promoted by the History Channel. And as I said before, this will all be legitimized with a "discovery" by NASA and other groups, a disclosure event.

edit on 20-2-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a thread that has brought diversive responses from many ATS members. Some have been constructive, some support the theory of Ancient Aliens whilst some don't. I love discussions that are thought provoking and many questions remain unanswered.
Where the hell did the Sumerians come from with such communicative skills which they were able to write down on tablets that exist to this day? Are their 'tablets of creation' what Moses based the book of Genesis on?
They appear to be far superior in knowledge and technology than the Egyptians so why didn't they build Pyramids like every other culture seems to have done?
Thousands of years later nobody has come up with an accepted theory of how the Egyptian Pyramids were actually built although Jean-Pierre Houdin has come up with a very sound theory of an internal ramp. Nor has anyone come with an acceptable theory as to why they were built and to what purpose they served.
This gives us a plethora of theories that we can either support or debunk but we should be able to do this amicably in a fair and constructive manner.
I appreciate 'harte's' answer on my question regarding Christopher Dunn's 'symmetry' query although the statue of David does not really answer it for me. I can understand that the Egyptians did use string and chalk to achieve circles, ellipses and curves when marking huge granite blocks for carving but Dunn has some moot points nevertheless.
I believe the Japanese decided to construct a one quarter scale model of the Great Pyramid but gave up after a few months stating that it was impossible. No it isn't - they are THERE! What really amazes me is the fact that these were eight-sided constructions (each of the four sides being slightly beveled inwards) yet the finished product (when covered in facing stones) was either perfectly flat or (as some have argued) slightly curved to conform with the Earths curve. Either way this would appear to be way, way, way beyond the technology of the Egyptians at that time especially when they were glued together with a substance that is still holding the remaining facings to this day.
A fascinating subject to which we will have more theories added regularly and to which, I hope, we will receive some conclusive and/or acceptable answers.
Have a nice day everyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Astronaut, and then T-h-e-o-r-y, notice THEORY, not FACT, THEORY and again THEORY, and remember in case you suffer sclerosis - THEORY...Theory, based not on once upon a time but on 'We have this, it COULD be'.. so THEORY.

No, it's not theory. The ancient alien "theory" does not meet the criteria for scientific theory.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. A clear distinction needs to be made between facts (things which can be observed and/or measured) and theories (explanations which correlate and interpret the facts.

Facts may be interpreted in different ways by different individuals, but that doesn't change the facts themselves.

The ancient astronaut proponents cannot even get a handle on the facts, as so often cited, most recent in this thread by Harte, they ignore facts, rely on outdated theories or outright lie. It is at best, speculation.

Example of things rather uncertain on both scientists and AAT proponents side: Dinosaus - whether they became extinct cause of asteroid, no one can tell - it could have been climate, pole shift, solar flares, anything you can think of. In the same manner AAT persons cannot be certain aliens used some nuclear ro clear the planet and start life all over again, this is speculation.

Except there is evidence for climate changes, cosmological disasters and none for aliens using nuclear weapons to clear the planet of dinosaurs.

Another example of rather speculating is how in India in ancient times they saw skeletons lying in a certain pose and they decided this could have been done by soem kind of nuclear weapon. Again they have a reason to think about it so, but maybe they are rushing too fast to conclusions.

Example?

It's like saying a certain species in the depths of 5000+ meters below the sea level do not exist because you haven't seen them yet say some researcher has been there and despite not having made the best picture, you disbelieve him for all that.

It is not like that at all. Again, an ancient alien proponent demonstrates their absolute ignorance of science. Evidence is not based on an arbitrary number of people making the claim or the status of the person making it,

TROY was just a myth - hello, good morning! It turned out real when Schliemann found proof of that.

Completely irrelevant. One myth being discovered to be true does not then mean all myths are true.

The Indians vs Red Hair Giants was all bullcrap right, also 'a myth'? Then they found the arrows, the giant mummies and just because of morons who want to hide anything that looks out of the ordinary (and need to DIE for that) so people remain retarded and brainwashed like some here

What are you getting on about?

Remember that above all AAT is brought to bring a logical and true explanation of the Biblical events

Explaining one unknown with another unknown is no real explanation nor is it logical.

In case everything was ;just artist expressions; to you

A 16th century woodcutting depicts this scene in which dark spheres were witnessed hovering over the town of Basel, Switzerland in 1566. The spheres appeared at sunrise, 'Many became red and fiery, ending by being consumed and vanishing', wrote Samuel Coccius in the local newspaper on this date.

In other words...I don't know, therefore aliens.

Originally posted by Imtorwhile others are not and YOUR position is everything is lie.

Look at that...once again an ancient alien proponent needs to misrepresent the position of skeptics and mainstream archaeologist/historians.

So im willing to accept all that could be, you won't accept any other possibility? So don't even bother posting quoting or arguing

Sure, we will accept other possibilities, when the evidence is presented. It is the ancient alien proponents who cannot accept other possibilities, who need to lie, distort and ignore in order to defend their position.
edit on 20-2-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have not yet read anywhere where someone has explained why the book of Genesis, purportedly written by Moses between 1400BC and 1500BC, appears to have been written by the Sumerians some two and half thousand years earlier. Isn't this a thousand years or so before God created the heavens and the earth?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I said it was a BAD example. No where did I state my beliefs. Did I?
Learn how to have a healthy debate. Instead of attacking me.

Take your own advice first:

The statue of David's face is not symmetrical at all, look at the hair, look at the eyes.
At least respond with something convincing haha.
Ahhh, the straws people grasp at sometimes.

If you say it's "perfectly" symmetrical, at least post something better than a google image from a poor angle.
What are the measurements? Where is the analysis?
Quit looking silly and step your game up.

"Looking silly" is claiming that the AE's couldn't carve stone in a reasonably symmetric way.

I know how this was done. They had a system, using grids. In fact, they left evidence of this system on other carvings. People that make wild claims about Ancient Egyptian sculpture either purposefully omit this information, or are ignorant of it.

The former usually applies to fringe writers, the latter to their readers.

The link to David was only a reminder. Will you claim that the AE's could carve stone with more skill than Michaelangelo?

Harte
edit on 2/21/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
Isn't this a thousand years or so before God created the heavens and the earth?

Lol no...

The only problem with ancient aliens is that it was too long ago to remember. The 80s when all the abductions were taking place wasn't that long ago, so I choose which one to study on lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Alright. So here is what I would like to see. Ancient Aliens, as considered by actual, credible scientists.
The tall hair guy in ancient aliens is ... or was, apparently a sports writer before the show. Don't get me wrong. I think the show is interesting. but it feels.. played out when he says "Tzunamis?? MAYBE aliens caused it."
Know what I'm saying?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

A theory isn't a fact, it is a suggestion, if it were all true it would be a FACT... I can make a theory, a group of people can make a theory, 'Theory of conspiracies' is a theory - how scientific it is - this is another question but it is a THEORY... you might want to rethink the difference between a suggestion and a fact.

They do jump too fast to conclusions and when you say Example? I say I agree some of the things are too quickly considered 'aliens' and that this case in India doesn not mean it has to be aliens and their death has to be caused by a nuclear weapon.

The ancient astronaut proponents cannot even get a handle on the facts, as so often cited, most recent in this thread by Harte, they ignore facts, rely on outdated theories or outright lie. It is at best, speculation.

Think again, yes some are pure speculation but at least half of the things are not, im not going to count how many are and how many aren't.

Just like you said - just because some myths are true doesn't mean all are, the same way - just because they made artist expression too, doesn't mean all are, as I pointed out the Nuremberg and Swiss case. So why are so similar descriptions present in the past with today's UFOs?

Explaining one unknown with another unknown is no real explanation nor is it logical.

In other words...I don't know, therefore aliens.

It's all about connections, making them between real facts - there is at least one real video of cylindrical UFO, there are many cases of orbs and saucers - also a fact, combined with what was seen in Nuremberg what would one make out of it? Yes no one knows but if we have to sound 'scientific' one would have to add time travelers (does this exist?), other dimensions - does this exist? Where is the proof? Because the text talks about fight and releasing small objects at each other - how can meteors be shooting each other? : ))))) Ok no proof that it is aliens but what do you expect this to be? yes here is where speculation comes but connected with all about them, where does this go do you think if not to Their Existence?

AAT is seeking an earthly explanation to things that could be, just like science is always trying to make of everything extraordinary. It's the better thinking as it gives more explainable things than religion? For the Red Hair Giants - as opposed to POPULAR BELIEF, it was just another example of how many unusual creatures just considered to be myth are real.

I'm not saying AAT is scientific, I know well what it needs to be science - but the Earth being round and many other things unidscovered previously weren't believed either.. SCIENCE starts from the same place where AAT currently is - belief, speculation and then it becoems PROOF.

^ So, just because AAT is in that early stage I have to see this THEORY bashed every thread I see for no reason or because some are not sure what to make out of it? And it doesn't exist when you can make connections with all about them Today and you can say that for sure? No you cannot say for sure, your certainty in something you don't understand is just as WRONG.

You can sometimes use common sense, it is also used in science when testing it to become science, and common sense when you see coverup is real can tell you why you don't see alien bodies...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I watch anceint aliens on the history channel.Its fun to watch but i take everything they say with a grain of salt.I say this because i think some people now veiw anceint man as being dumb and stupid and not being able to acomplish what they did on there own and have to have help aliens to do it.

I think we might have been visited in the past but not like or to the extent that the AAT think.I think they might have landed looked around and maybe done some fly bys so to speak but that its.No real intervention.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

A theory isn't a fact, it is a suggestion, if it were all true it would be a FACT... I can make a theory, a group of people can make a theory, 'Theory of conspiracies' is a theory - how scientific it is - this is another question but it is a THEORY... you might want to rethink the difference between a suggestion and a fact.

A scientific theory, which ancient alien proponents claim their beliefs to be (in that they claim their beliefs to be truth), has to meet certain criteria. However, their claims do not meet this criteria, therefore cannot be called a "theory".

Think again, yes some are pure speculation but at least half of the things are not, im not going to count how many are and how many aren't.

Think again? About what? Harte pointed to a specific example of how the ancient alien proponents ignore facts to further their claims. Just because you are "speculating" does not change that fact or excuse it.

Originally posted by Imtor So why are so similar descriptions present in the past with today's UFOs?

Modern biased interpretation of past events. As you quoted me below...

Although there is speculation that what the people saw was a firework display, which was distorted in retelling.

Originally posted by Imtor AAT is seeking an earthly explanation to things that could be, just like science is always trying to make of everything extraordinary.

There is a big difference between what mainstream, real science does and what the ancient alien proponents do. Real science seeks to explain reality, while the ancient alien proponents ignore reality to further their beliefs.

It's the better thinking as it gives more explainable things than religion? For the Red Hair Giants - as opposed to POPULAR BELIEF, it was just another example of how many unusual creatures just considered to be myth are real.

I didn't know the scientific fact of gigantism (or similar diseases) were contrary to popular belief.

Originally posted by Imtor but the Earth being round and many other things unidscovered previously weren't believed either...

Completely irrelevant. One past belief being shown untrue does not mean that ancient aliens will be proven true. Especially since they must ignore, distort or lie about evidence.

Originally posted by Imtor So, just because AAT is in that early stage I have to see this THEORY bashed every thread I see for no reason or because some are not sure what to make out of it?

The "theory" isn't being bashed for no reason. Again, the ancient alien proponents must lie and distort.

You can sometimes use common sense...

Such as not ignoring facts, distorting or lying about them?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST.
edit on 21-2-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by selfentry

The issue is that real actual scientists don't seriously consider aliens a good explanation for ANY of the ancient mysteries talked about on these shows. Many of the things they claim are mysterious aren't even lacking an explanation. There are numerous plausible ideas about how the pyramids were built, for instance, but the ancient alien folks have to tear down those human explanations and pretend those hypotheses are MORE absurd than aliens.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

I flew over the Nazca Lines two years ago. It was really quite exhilierating. Incidentally, I flew over the lines with an archaeologist. It was pretty hard for both of us to debunk the fact that those lines were meant to be seen from the air.

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join