It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nude0007

Wow... bravo, excellent post......

There are no space aliens here. Yes, they probably exist out there, but they are not here on Earth.

Programs like "Ancient Aliens" are propaganda getting the public ready for a false flag alien event.

Channels like the History Channel actually used to have good shows about actual history. Now when you look at the lineup every night on History Channel it's nothing but alien this and UFO that...

Same with a lot of other networks, and obviously Hollywood, who is pushing the alien b.s. harder than ever lately... I wouldn't be surprised if there's an alien movie coming out this week.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Coming from someone who believes aliens are demons that post should not be considered by the minute..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Channels like the History Channel actually used to have good shows about actual history. Now when you look at the lineup every night on History Channel it's nothing but alien this and UFO that...

Don't forget their line-up of 2012 and apocalypse related programming, as well as the occasional piece about Nostradamus and the crytpozoological Monster Quest show. Most of what they have is pseudohistory and pseudoscience, stuff that gets great ratings but is entirely free of educational content.

Their obsession with ancient aliens is understandable as I'm sure it gets a lot of viewers and to be fair it might honestly get a few people interested in legitimate archeology. After all if it weren't for Ancient alien proponents would anyone even know what Puma Punku is? My guess is most of us wouldn't know the first thing about ancient history if we hadn't heard about it from proponents of AAH and then gone looking for the real answers ourselves.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They also show some like the Universe, where astronomers talk about pretty normal things, so yes History is much better than it was before... Don't bash it, it's up to you if you will believe everything or not. Much better than WW1-WW2 all the time you switch to that channel..

Or are some believers religious I mean hating the program on ridiculing Religion?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

The sad thing is the last time they had a show that could have actually been educational in anyway they turned it into a reality TV show. I am of course talking about Chasing Mummies. Here was their chance to show parts of the pyramids most people don't get to see and instead they focus on some chick going to the bathroom. The last show I can remember them doing that I was thoroughly impressed with was Expedition Africa and even that took on Survivor-esque aspects at times.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Much better than WW1-WW2 all the time you switch to that channel..

I'd rather watch constant documentaries about Hitler and Arch Duke Ferdinand's assassination that have to suffer through Nazi UFOs and ancient aliens, besides it isn't like there aren't other things to focus on. For instance History did big a big show about Andrew Jackson a while back as well as one about George Washington if I recall. There's no shortage of legitimate history subjects to cover the issue is that those subjects just don't get ratings the way pseudoscience like ancient aliens gets ratings.

One of their best recent shows, IMO, was called How the States Got Their Shapes, which went into historical reasons for the lines on the map we all take for granted today, very interesting show but I doubt its as appealing as the tabloid type stuff they turn out the other 60% of the time. Heck 10 minutes of American Pickers has ten times more authentic history in it than one episode of ancient aliens... that's complete hyperbole but you get my point

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Imtor

Much better than WW1-WW2 all the time you switch to that channel..

I'd rather watch constant documentaries about Hitler and Arch Duke Ferdinand's assassination that have to suffer through Nazi UFOs and ancient aliens, besides it isn't like there aren't other things to focus on. For instance History did big a big show about Andrew Jackson a while back as well as one about George Washington if I recall. There's no shortage of legitimate history subjects to cover the issue is that those subjects just don't get ratings the way pseudoscience like ancient aliens gets ratings.

One of their best recent shows, IMO, was called How the States Got Their Shapes, which went into historical reasons for the lines on the map we all take for granted today, very interesting show but I doubt its as appealing as the tabloid type stuff they turn out the other 60% of the time. Heck 10 minutes of American Pickers has ten times more authentic history in it than one episode of ancient aliens... that's complete hyperbole but you get my point

I like Pickers too, but the Nazi stuff got old.

I much prefer ancient history, though for the large majority of my life you couldn't have convinced me that I would say such a thing! LOL

This one was good:
Engineering an Empire

Harte

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The MAIN ideology behind AA theory is that WE AS A PEOPLE WERE SO PRIMITIVE AT THE TIME WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT WE WERE SEEING. If we saw a man in a space suit, we would have never seen it before. SO OF COURSE we would not design a model in that idea. We would have thought it was something completely different, aka an animal head or facial hair etc.

If you still don't understand the concept let me explain it to you a little more clearly.

In PNG during the early 1900'sI, when allied forces flew there and set up camps and trade routes with planes and boats, the Papua New Guinea natives had never in their entire lives seen any kind of technology even remotely similar to what the armed forces brought.

They arrived in planes,delivering food to fellow army platoons and soldiers, but also sharing some supplies to the natives - bringing technology of incomprehensible value. When we left, we left the natives with only the memory of 'white gods' flying down to them delivering supplies and displaying vast knowledge. Several religions popped up after our visitation with mock up birds and planes, very similar to the ones they saw, in hope that if they made them, we would return, once again bringing our wealth of knowledge and supplies.

The human race is a species of amnesia, we forget.
Rituals have been performed for many thousands of years, especially in a religious sense. This is to connect with the Gods, or imitate what we once saw oh so long ago.

I don't care whether you believe in extra terrestrial life or not.

Saying you believe that we had supernatural beings, gods or angels, demons, whatever you wish to call them, come down to our earth and interact with mankind in someway - but saying that a living organism from another planet CANNOT BE POSSIBLE - is not only very stupidly ignorant and irrational, but i believe it is a slap in the face to all of mankind and intelligent life on earth - how dare you belittle us.

Just because you do not know, does not mean its God.
Just because you do not know, does not mean its Aliens, but its not only more likely, but more logical, more rational and more plausible.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

but its not only more likely, but more logical, more rational and more plausible.

In some sense yes, but aliens is still very implausible as an explanation for any of the things AAH proponents claim they explain. Everything from mythology to monuments to the very creation of human beings, all have more plausible explanations than aliens. This doesn't rule out aliens entirely of course but with physical beings that came the interstellar distance we'd expect more evidence than we would with supernatural beings like gods.

The human race is a species of amnesia, we forget.

Isn't that what Graham Hancock said?

is not only very stupidly ignorant and irrational, but i believe it is a slap in the face to all of mankind and intelligent life on earth - how dare you belittle us.

I don't believe in gods, I'm an atheist, but I don't see much difference between claims of ancient aliens and claims of gods, in fact there's an overlap to a point and they often rely on the same sorts of fallacies. Not sure who you are talking to here so I'll try not to be offended, but yeah, I don't believe in any of that stuff. I do believe there is probably life elsewhere, whether it ever will, could, would or has visited us is a different issue entirely.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I have the same feelings that you have on religion and 'god' (if you mean 'god' in the sense that an invisible spirit/ghost sitting in a cloud causing things to happen and granting wishes for people)

You made the statement that AAT and the belief in gods sound too much alike.

I agree. In fact, I'll go a further step and say that they are damn near one and the same.....

minus the religion.

With the AAT, 'god' is a term, not a name or an invisible, omnipotent entity. Gods and angels are terms to describe the other-worldly beings that visited Earth. By definition, they are alien.

We have been taught that all other gods (except the 'Christian sky-god) are all false; mythological.

I struggled with that in childhood. I was learning about the Greek and Egyptian gods at school, then would go to my Christian church on Sunday and learn about the Christian god.

I eventually came to the realization that ALL were REAL or ALL were FALSE......

The images that mythological teachings left your mind with makes you think of cartoonish, fairy-tailish creatures. But try to think of the 'god of the sky' or the 'god of the water' as professionals in their fields......

As an atheist, I felt like you; too much making the bible be true with the AAT....but then I had to account for all of the different civilizations reports and doctrine of the SAME beings doing the SAME things....

They couldn't have all been hallucinating the SAME images....

or having the SAME imaginations....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
History has turned into Discovery-Science as well. Since they removed it and I dont care about Discovery, i like how History has lots of science documentaries and isn't pure history. i;ve also studied lots of history and im sick of it.

Yes now History isn't just pure history but also science and also conspiracies. I like it more liek that. What some fail to realize, this is not just entertainment, it could be message, disclosure, propaganda, and telling some true things as well. If you think people are wasting their time on UFOs Ancient Aliens just to entertain you, you are very wrong. There is something true going on frm all tehse stories. Also instead of looking at what the UFO Hunters have to say,as Bill Burnes is biased, ignore them, pay attention to what witnesses are saying. Do they look to you like liars? You can see it on their faces, some have videos, etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

They couldn't have all been hallucinating the SAME images....

But they didn't all describe the same things, mythologies differ vastly other than those which managed to mingle (such as some Sumerian myth mixed into the Bible, and the Romans borrowing much of Greek myth). Most of the stories associated with these deities cannot be interpreted in light of UFOs, only a few cherry picked examples can be torn from their context and forced into the mold of modern day UFO lore. I feel that in this regard ancient astronaut proponents are no better than the common religious apologist, they start with their conclusion and try to force the text to fit regardless of context and no matter how many myths are misses they focus only on the hits.

I eventually came to the realization that ALL were REAL or ALL were FALSE......

I would disagree, not all god concepts are created equal, some are more plausible than others.

I think that to claim all the cultures report the same gods doing the same things is a gross oversimplification of ancient mythology. The gods seem far more likely to be made in our image, especially polytheistic deities, they have human-like vices, they are also used as explanations for unknown natural phenomenon.

I'd like to believe in aliens, I'd like to believe in gods, but without evidence the odds are against such implausible ideas and the more we want to believe the more skeptical we should be.

reply to post by Imtor

What do modern UFO sightings have to do with ANCIENT astronauts again?

I've seen a UFO myself before, doesn't mean it was aliens, I have no idea what it was that's what makes it unidentified.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

In some sense yes, but aliens is still very implausible as an explanation for any of the things AAH proponents claim they explain. Everything from mythology to monuments to the very creation of human beings, all have more plausible explanations than aliens. This doesn't rule out aliens entirely of course but with physical beings that came the interstellar distance we'd expect more evidence than we would with supernatural beings like gods.

Absolutely there are plausible explanations for everything, but personally to me, the AA theory is a mix between religion and science (putting it very crudely), which delivers a strangely plausible explanation for our species history, AT LEAST to the point where we should consider looking back on our past with more then just assumptions.

Isn't that what Graham Hancock said?

I can't remember where i read or heard that, but i am assuming the original context could have been.

I don't believe in gods, I'm an atheist, but I don't see much difference between claims of ancient aliens and claims of gods, in fact there's an overlap to a point and they often rely on the same sorts of fallacies. Not sure who you are talking to here so I'll try not to be offended, but yeah, I don't believe in any of that stuff. I do believe there is probably life elsewhere, whether it ever will, could, would or has visited us is a different issue entirely.

That is exactly my point. I am talking about the issue of an external presence influencing our culture. Now regardless if this has happened or not, i am saying that the probability of 'aliens' far, far, FAR outweighs the probability of 'gods'.

I am perfectly happy with saying we had no outside influence. But the thing is.. our ancestors didn't think that and i refuse to believe that everything we have today in terms of the influence 'religion' or 'gods' have had on us, was created by mans imagination, they were seeing something and feeling something - but what? I am also atheist and quite frankly i want to know why people believe in religion and gods, because personally its no different from fairy tales, but applying the AA theory it all makes sense and is understandable from a primitive cultures perspective.

Unfortunately the vast majority of earths population is religious, so of course any ideas that explain the origins of religion and take away the divine nature of it, will be very heavily criticized - this is these peoples entire lives we are talking about, everything they believe in to be based on a skewed truth that has morphed over thousands of years to the dogma and laws of our society.

Sometimes i like to think how we would have developed if society didn't have this overwhelming god complex, no pun intended.

To quote Bill Maher, "Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
The MAIN ideology behind AA theory is that WE AS A PEOPLE WERE SO PRIMITIVE AT THE TIME WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT WE WERE SEEING. If we saw a man in a space suit, we would have never seen it before. SO OF COURSE we would not design a model in that idea. We would have thought it was something completely different, aka an animal head or facial hair etc.

Actually humans are not "Primitive" and never were, we are no different today as we are back then. Thing is, the AA theory is actually reducing our history into the "Progressional Paradigm" which is a modern industrialist based thought which is a actually a slap to the face to our ancient ancestors and also racist (and rather imperialist thinking) if you really think about it ("There is no way that non-whites could have built this so they must have gotten white help or must be Aliens!").

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNooseIf you still don't understand the concept let me explain it to you a little more clearly.

In PNG during the early 1900'sI, when allied forces flew there and set up camps and trade routes with planes and boats, the Papua New Guinea natives had never in their entire lives seen any kind of technology even remotely similar to what the armed forces brought.

They arrived in planes,delivering food to fellow army platoons and soldiers, but also sharing some supplies to the natives - bringing technology of incomprehensible value. When we left, we left the natives with only the memory of 'white gods' flying down to them delivering supplies and displaying vast knowledge. Several religions popped up after our visitation with mock up birds and planes, very similar to the ones they saw, in hope that if they made them, we would return, once again bringing our wealth of knowledge and supplies.

Isolated islanders don't represent the entirety of the people of the past (or actually these people are shamans that see everything around them as spirits according to their worldview since their more connected to nature than us westerners).

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNooseSaying you believe that we had supernatural beings, gods or angels, demons, whatever you wish to call them, come down to our earth and interact with mankind in someway - but saying that a living organism from another planet CANNOT BE POSSIBLE - is not only very stupidly ignorant and irrational, but i believe it is a slap in the face to all of mankind and intelligent life on earth - how dare you belittle us.

Here's another thought...Maybe reality was possibly different during the past maybe magic, gods, demons, faeries, undead, etc actually did existed back then but no longer exist today (or have a hard time existing) because of our modern scientific defined reality said so. Mainly because we now live in a consensual reality or a "reality contract".

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNooseJust because you do not know, does not mean its God.
Just because you do not know, does not mean its Aliens, but its not only more likely, but more logical, more rational and more plausible.

Actually, though the AA theory is nothing more than a science fiction/modern industrialist rewrite of mythology. It's basically psudeoarchology/pseudoscience at it's best.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Hexen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by Hexen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
They also show some like the Universe, where astronomers talk about pretty normal things [...]

Yeah, but you and I know that except for the pretty pictures, real space stuff is BORING! Unfortunately, so is archeology. Just a lot of digging around in the dust, and even if you do find something cool some academic pinhead is standing right behind you to put it in a museum. Ugh.

So any attempt to combine archeology with space stuff (with or without aliens) is going to be hugely boring, not only because of the lack of proof, but because the two are inherently boring in themselves.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hexen

Actually humans are not "Primitive" and never were, we are no different today as we are back then. Thing is, the AA theory is actually reducing our history into the "Progressional Paradigm" which is a modern industrialist based thought which is a actually a slap to the face to our ancient ancestors and also racist (and rather imperialist thinking) if you really think about it ("There is no way that non-whites could have built this so they must have gotten white help or must be Aliens!").

I may have said what i was trying to get across, incorrectly. When i say primitive, i do not, by ANY means say they were less intelligent on any scale. HOWEVER, their knowledge and understanding is not, and was not, on the same level as ours. What we know today could have very well been considered 'magic' back then.

And one constant thing critics will say is we are taking away the effort our ancient ancestors put into their culture and life style. Not true by any means, it is merely pointing out external influences. If modern day, mainstream science cannot confirm the exact methods of our histories architecture, we need to investigate how it was done.
Also i dont know how you can mention anything about race... its completely irrelevant.

Isolated islanders don't represent the entirety of the people of the past (or actually these people are shamans that see everything around them as spirits according to their worldview since their more connected to nature than us westerners).

No they don't, but if you don't understand what i am saying there is no point me expanding on it.

Here's another thought...Maybe reality was possibly different during the past maybe magic, gods, demons, faeries, undead, etc actually did existed back then but no longer exist today (or have a hard time existing) because of our modern scientific defined reality said so. Mainly because we now live in a consensual reality or a "reality contract".

We know very, very little about how our universe works. It is all speculation based on what we believe to be true.
Over time i have come to realize that there is so much corruption, lies, manipulation and control etc in our society, that it's very possible even the basic foundation of what we believe to be true, could be completely false.

Anything i say is entirely speculation and should never, ever be taken for truth.

Actually, though the AA theory is nothing more than a science fiction/modern industrialist rewrite of mythology. It's basically psudeoarchology/pseudoscience at it's best.

I know you are just taking the piss here, but it is a speculative opinion to what our ancient ancestors were seeing, and experiencing. I am not religious, but there has to be a reason Earths population has such a strong belief in Gods and to me, an intelligence far beyond ours, is the most logical explanation for a 'god'. We know very little about time as it is.

Once we let go our ego and god complex, the world becomes a much more interesting and comfortable place to live. Admitting we know very little truths is the first step. Knowledge is dangerous because it gives people the idea that they have truths.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I may have said what i was trying to get across, incorrectly. When i say primitive, i do not, by ANY means say they were less intelligent on any scale. HOWEVER, their knowledge and understanding is not, and was not, on the same level as ours. What we know today could have very well been considered 'magic' back then.

And one constant thing critics will say is we are taking away the effort our ancient ancestors put into their culture and life style. Not true by any means, it is merely pointing out external influences. If modern day, mainstream science cannot confirm the exact methods of our histories architecture, we need to investigate how it was done.
Also i dont know how you can mention anything about race... its completely irrelevant.

Point is, I think we should abandoned the term "Primitive" since it's western colonialist/imperialist thought undermining those other cultures. It's really no different than victors writing history. Well the best way I can describe it is "modern arrogance".

BTW here is a site that might explain more.

www.survivalinternational.org...
edit on 1-10-2011 by Hexen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Okay, I'm new here. In fact, I created an account solely to comment on this thread. I've only read roughly half the posts here, so if this has been answered already, I apologize in advance. That being said though, I feel that the title of the article should be changed, as the article itself does NOT debunk anything. Throwing in a few "It's a mystery"s, or simply making the statement that they can't just call it aliens and walk away (paraphrasing) is NOT debunking anything. The closest the article came to debunking anything was the segment about the gold figurine, which the author correctly (IMO) opined could have been a fish.

Don't get me wrong. I think the show is entertaining, but FAR from factual. However, I also feel that what some of the posters in this thread have brought up as proof against the AA folks is ALSO far from factual. Both groups are doing little more than guessing, as none of us were actually around back then. A lot of people, at least in this thread, seem to bash on "faith" or a belief system, but in reality, that's what I would conclude that all of you are falling victim to. Both groups are basically accepting as fact those "guesses" that seem to back up your preconceived notions of what is factual.

As some posters have said, most of what they cover on that show, and other things in our world, will forever be a mystery until tangible evidence is discovered. Until that happens, we can debate this all day long, yet neither group can claim actual victory. This is nothing more than a pissing contest.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Like "letgoofmyears" I too am a relatively new poster and have just discovered this thread.
Firstly, the much publicized carving on a wall somewhere in Egypt purportedly depicting flying machines such as helicopters and so on has been explained. It is simply hieroglyphics that have been inscribed on previous, older, hieroglyphics which, over time, have started to show through causing the anomaly. These photographs appear to have been 'photo-shopped' to highlight the non-existent machines.
Yes, much of Ancient Aliens can be debunked but there are also many questions that remain unanswered and also many subjects that are placed in the "Sacred Cow" basket being considered to be too controversial for open discussion.
Despite many experts trying to explain our evolution through various species and genetic changes there has never been (to my knowledge) an explanation in layman's terms as to where and how the different coloured races throughout the world today, originated. The Sumerian Tablets seem remarkably similar to the book of Genesis that was written (according to Biblical experts) by Moses between 1400-1500BC, yet these were written some 2500 years prior. There are credible translations by very qualified people who all tell similar stories but use descriptions such as "The Shining Ones" rather than Sithcin's "Anunnaki". People like Von Daniken, Sitchin and Pye have done much to discredit some serious research on this subject by fictionalizing events to suit their own beliefs and have set the theories back rather than advancing them. With thousands of these tablets yet to be deciphered we may yet get some answers to some of our questions.
I have yet to go through the majority of posts on this thread (will occupy me for some time) so forgive me if my post has been previously discussed.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join