It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by ObvTruth

But that doesnt necessarily mean that they didnt come here.

ObvTruth, you are pretty convinced in the "Ancient Aliens" theory.......what in your opinion is the single best evidence to support the Ancient Alien hypothesis?

What really has me believing in this is that it just makes sense to me. Why cant a race of ET's who can be thousands or millions of years ahead of us visit us in the past? If its possible now im sure it was possible then. And all the cave paintings, art created around UFO's, The Battle Of Nuremberg, Christopher Columbus' sighting, Native Americans interacting with ET's and calling them "Space Brothers", The building of huge Megalithic structures that align with the stars, The Nazca Lines and many other things lead me to believe that we were visited in the past. I always knew when i was younger that what i was taught wasnt the whole story. This just completes the circle of our origin. And this isnt over, Season 3 is in production and I hope they bring some hard evidence that will prove all these Debunkers wrong and leave them speechless.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ObvTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My number one point agrees with you whole heartedly Titen. Since I was a kid of 12 yrs old when my Mom bought me the book "Chariots of the Gods". I wanted to know why aliens in flying saucers would need passenger jet runways? Especially after witnessing our own space programs, very first ever touch down, on a different celestial body. It certainly didn't need any kind of runway.
It was ludicrous. Even though at the time I was very intrigued by the rest of the book? I never could get buy that one. Kind of ruined the whole idea for me from the start. So back to the Bible for me.
Home, havn't left since.

Truth
you said

[What really has me believing in this is that it just makes sense to me. Why cant a race of ET's who can be thousands or millions of years ahead of us visit us in the past? If its possible now im sure it was possible then. And all the cave paintings, art created around UFO's, The Battle Of Nuremberg, Christopher Columbus' sighting, Native Americans interacting with ET's and calling them "Space Brothers", The building of huge Megalithic structures that align with the stars, The Nazca Lines and many other things lead me to believe that we were visited in the past. I always knew when i was younger that what i was taught wasnt the whole story. This just completes the circle of our origin. And this isnt over, Season 3 is in production and I hope they bring some hard evidence that will prove all these Debunkers wrong and leave them speechless]

By my beliefs, this all fits perfectly wiith what is discribed as a plan by certain entities, that are evidenced by other paranormal events reported. The whole plan is deception a plan that is at least as old as mankind himself.
The plan of course uses the whole universe against mankind.Strong delusion is what Christ warned us about. I believe that's what we are seeing you fall for. I hope I'm not off topic.
edit on 10-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That's it?!

You said...

This is gonna be a long one folks

And, it was over...

You briefly talk about about the most irrelevant and inconsequential 'evidence' towards Ancient Astronaut Theory I've ever seen, and then claim yourself Grand-Master of the AAT world.

Hilarious.

Here is exactly how UNimportant the crap you talk about in our post** (Piri Reis map, landing strips, astronaut statues, plane models, Baghdad Battery, lamps in the pyramids, etc...):

Check the "AAT" thread linked in my sig (you know it, you've been there) - we went an entire 8 pages without speaking ONE WORD of those topics, yet still managed to have an intelligent discussion on the subject.

Now, you star and flag horde, by feeding on the short-attention-Span audience that doesn't believe in it either and just liked your Title!

Those 'examples' are not even used when true AAT subscribers talk about it**. What is that footage, 3 years Old? That might have all gotten us thinking, but it certainly isnt relevant, anymore.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

** go on, click the link in my signature. You will see how UNimportant the topics this Poster uses as his *best evidence* against AAT is. Laughable.

edit on 6/10/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
While possible...I know that the few episodes of this that I've seen really just showed an amazing lack of understanding of art history and symbolism...with NO effort in going into what the artist was really conveying.

Turned me right off of the program as just sensationalist excrement.

I'm sure there's probably some good in it, but their lack of research ability was just astounding.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
First, the star went right, then left, then hovered.

Please list an example of a celestial anomalie that can do this.

Planets as observed from the Earth do this. That's why they're called "planets," from the Greek for "wanderers."

See, e.g., the Wikipedia page for Apparent retrograde motion; note especially the red line drawing of the path of Mars mid-way down the page.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

It's the other way around which is precisely why I find AAH so offensive. Proponents of this hypothesis are reading modern UFO, in this case USO, sightings into ancient myths and claiming, without any evidence, that this is what the ancients intended the stories to discuss. It is not UFOs being described as gods, it is proponents of AAH describing God's as UFOs.

What I find extremely offensive is that people like you take the liberty to sneer, and deride people just because they disagree with you.

You took the liberty of making asinine arguments which you have no way to back, and you took the liberty of making your own decision, not based o the evidence, but on your bias.

Now, since you decided to laugh at people, who like me, think the ancient Vedas do talk about ancient UFOs, and how "the Gods gave technology and including ancient flying machines to mankind", and you decided to laugh, showing a RECENT DRAWING which is nothing more than the MODERN ARTISTIC RENDERING of what MODERN ARTISTS thought the Vimanas could look like, let me return you the favor...

You actually think that this...

Vimana

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df9f90e5d9a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Is a 5,000+ year old painting?....

The ignorance of some people...

You actually think that a painting of thousands of years old would survive with such bright colors, and in such perfect condition?...

Even the reliefs found depicting Vimanas are more modern recreations of what the ancient texts say.

Indeed I've read the account before and read the exact text you quoted dozens of times. It does sound a bit like an atomic explosion, it could just as well be describing a meteor strike perceived as a godly weapon, or a particularly violent volcanic eruption. It could also be an invention, a fictional weapon dreamed up only in the imagination of the writer. If the description does indeed describe an atomic or nuclear weapon that does not in any way prove aliens. It could just as well be Hindus having visions of the future.

No, what does prove they were talking about aliens is the fact that the Vedas say these Gods, and Goddesses come from far away planets where even time flows differently because they live in another Solar System.

What proves that they are talking about alien aircraft is the fact that such sightings have been documented for thousands of years, and all over the planet and there is proof to this.

I'm not trying to claim anything about UFOs, UFOs are, by definition, unidentified. I'm merely pointing out the logical fallacies inherent to AAH as depicted in the show and the places where their reasoning simply doesn't hold water. If I am biased it is toward skepticism and toward actual evidence and biased away from mere reinterpretation of myth and arguments from ignorance regarding man's ancient history.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

UFO is a WIDE definition, and it includes alien spacecraft that we don't know where they come from.

And yes, you are extremely biased. You go so far as to completely ignore what the Vedas themselves say, and instead YOU, and some others, propose that these stories are not talking about what the Vedas themselves are talking about, but about what YOU claim they do..

The stories themselves say that ancient cities were built by the Gods, some other members, including myself have made threads about the stories, and the evidence that show the truth about the Vedas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for why no more evidence is found of these ancient cities, the stories themselves say what happened. There were nuclear wars which destroyed such cities, and there is evidence of radiation in the areas where the Vedas say the cities existed.

The Vedas also talk about atoms, other Solar Systems, the multiverse, apart fromancient atomic wars, and including weapons that fire bullets at their oponents, similar to guns, and machine guns of today.

According to the ancient Vedas, mankind has been around a lot longer than the western academia claims, and mankind have waged many ancient wars which destroyed much of the known world back then, and set mankind back into dark ages from which we slowly recovered.

Serbsta, alongside some other members, have also posted evidence in their own threads, such as.

In quoting the Mahabharata itself, we witness a destructive incident, possibly the result of an Astra:

The splendour, equal to that of either the Sun or
the Moon, of bracelets and diadems of all the heroic kings, became
dimmed. And the dust that rose looked like a cloud, the flash of bright
weapons constituting its lightning. And the twang of bows, the whiz of
arrows, the blare of conchs, the loud beat of drums, and the rattle of
cars, of both the armies, constituted the fierce roar of those clouds.
Section CXVI

And more famously, consider the following passages:

...A single projectile,
charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour
A perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion,
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...

...It was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes,
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.

The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours,
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire.
The soldiers threw themselves in streams,
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Looking at it from a non bias side, this is a VERY accurate description of the after effects of a nuclear explosion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a2e0ae92174.png[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These are very accurate accounts of what happens exactly when nuclear weapons are used, except that these stories are 5,000+ years old, and most probably older still.

The Vedas are not the only ancient texts which describe such flying machines, and that they were gifts from the Gods from high above to mankind.

Perhaps the most disturbing and challenging, information about these allegedly mythical Vimanas in the ancient records is that there are some matter-of-fact records, describing how to build one. In their way, the instructions are quite precise.

In the Sanskrit Samarangana Sutradhara, it is written:

"Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mecrcury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth."

The Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states quite unambiguously: "The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives."

More fantastic still is the information given in the ancient Chaldean work, The Sifrala, which contains over one hundred pages of technical details on building a flying machine. It contains words which translate as graphite rod, copper coils, crystal indicator, vibrating spheres, stable angles, etc.

www.world-mysteries.com...

edit on 10-6-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

When did I ever say that that rendition of Vimana was 5000 years old? I didn't. The image is from the show, it is the show's claims that I am debunking. The Ancient Aliens SHOW put up the image to represent vimana's, I found it strange as the rendition actually damages their claims.

come from far away planets where even time flows differently because they live in another Solar System.

Superman comes from a far away planet as well and yet he's fictional.

such sightings have been documented for thousands of years, and all over the planet and there is proof to this.

Except that the sightings aren't all the same nor are they all reliable. Only a handful of UFOs are truly unidentified. Also, eye witness reports can never prove an extraordinary claim, they are the lowest form of evidence. Human perception is extremely flawed and memory is immensely malleable. Having seen a UFO myself I too want answers but that doesn't mean I get to steal myths from ancient days out of their historical or religious context in order to force modern day concepts of aliens in where they don't belong.

and it includes alien spacecraft that we don't know where they come from.

No. If a UFO were identified as an alien spacecraft it would be an IFO.

These are very accurate accounts of what happens exactly when nuclear weapons are used, except that these stories are 5,000+ years old, and most probably older still.

As I stated before you have no evidence with which to claim that these were descriptions of nuclear weapons when they might as easily been asteroid strikes. Asteroid strikes can also leave behind radiation. Imagine being an ancient and witnessing something like the Tunguska event, it might be easy to see that as wrath from warring gods.

In the next section you quote from the Samarangana Sutradhara, something written FAR earlier than 5000 years ago. It is true that it describes the Vimana in pretty excellent detail. Does that prove such a thing existed and functioned as reported? Could this simply be ancient science fiction or embellishment? Modern nerds can tell you every detail of how the Starship Enterprise works right down the blueprints but that doesn't make the ship real. Now if we actually uncovered one of these Vimanas that would only prove they had flying machines, it wouldn't prove aliens.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

You briefly talk about about the most irrelevant and inconsequential 'evidence' towards Ancient Astronaut Theory I've ever seen, and then claim yourself Grand-Master of the AAT world.

I'm sorry, you're blaming me for sticking to the video too closely? You are aware that this was an attempt to point out flaws in the Ancient Aliens television programmed embedded in the OP right? I mean I explained that in the introduction, everything I talk about is related to what happens in the SHOW.

Here is exactly how UNimportant the crap you talk about in our post** (Piri Reis map, landing strips, astronaut statues, plane models, Baghdad Battery, lamps in the pyramids, etc...):

I agree, none of those things hold any weight, which is why its so curious that the SHOW I was talking about, upon which this thread is dependent, mentions them. Again why are you riding me for sticking to what the History Channel decided to create?

yet still managed to have an intelligent discussion on the subject.

Congrats, you're better than the History channel at discussing AAH. Don't blame me.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why exactly? I mean don't get me wrong I'm on my way to your thread as we speak but why exactly are you so angry at me for debunking what was said on this show? Why would that upset you? If this isn't what you wanted to read than why make it past the introduction where I clearly state that I will be attempting to debunk the first episode of ancient aliens EMBEDDED in the OP.

Edit to Add: For the record this was not done for stars and flags, I've been on this site for years and never concerned myself with such things. This was done because in another thread someone posted this episode of Ancient Aliens as evidence and I mentioned that I could probably debunk the claims being made. The OP then scoffed as if it could not be done so I decided then and there I would do it to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

The splendour, equal to that of either the Sun or
the Moon, of bracelets and diadems of all the heroic kings, became
dimmed. And the dust that rose looked like a cloud, the flash of bright
weapons constituting its lightning. And the twang of bows, the whiz of
arrows, the blare of conchs, the loud beat of drums, and the rattle of
cars, of both the armies, constituted the fierce roar of those clouds.
Section CXVI

I'm always amazed by the complete lack of willingness that people have to actually read things in context. The passage from the Mahabharata quoted above (which, for people who are curious, is actually Book 6, Section CXVI), has been snipped out of context; below is what precedes and follows it (from the translation presented at Sacred Texts).

When the combatants of both armies rushed against each other with awful prowess, the earth shook (under their tread). Beholding Santanu's son in battle, the divisions of thy army and of the foe, O Bharata, became mingled with one another. Tremendous was the din, O Bharata, that arose there of those warriors burning with rage and rushing against each other. And it was heard on all sides, O king. With the blare of conchs and the leonine shouts of the soldiers, the uproar became awful.

The splendour, equal to that of either the Sun or the Moon, of bracelets and diadems of all the heroic kings, became dimmed. And the dust that rose looked like a cloud, the flash of bright weapons constituting its lightning. And the twang of bows, the whiz of arrows, the blare of conchs, the loud beat of drums, and the rattle of cars, of both the armies, constituted the fierce roar of those clouds.

And the welkin, over the field of battle, in consequence of the bearded darts, the javelins, the swords and showers of arrows of both armies, was darkened. And car-warriors, and horsemen felled horsemen, in that dreadful battle. And elephants killed elephants, and foot-soldiers slew foot-soldiers.

-Mahabharata, Book Six, Section CXVI

There is absolutely nothing in there that implies nuclear weapons. It is the story of two clashing armies being told poetically, as if a great storm: the mass of people fighting stirs up dust, which is like a cloud; from within that "cloud," one can see the flash of the combatants' weapons, as lightning is to actual clouds; for thunder, you have the conchs, drums, and bowstrings—the din of the battle.

The mention in the original post by ElectricUniverse of "spendour, equal to that of either the Sun or the Moon," was put into boldface, by which I assume we're being asked to read it as a description of a nuclear blast, but that's not what the text says. Quoting again: "The splendour, equal to that of either the Sun or the Moon, of bracelets and diadems of all the heroic kings, became dimmed." In context, the meaning of this phrase is obvious—the bracelets and diadems of the kings, which had previously been shiny and polished, as jewelry is wont to be, have been besmirched and darkened by the dust of the battle.

This isn't even a little bit about ancient nukes, unless maybe their nukes sounded like bowstrings.

You also said:

You go so far as to completely ignore what the Vedas themselves say, and instead YOU, and some others, propose that these stories are not talking about what the Vedas themselves are talking about, but about what YOU claim they do..

... and then you go on to do exactly that.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

When did I ever say that that rendition of Vimana was 5000 years old? I didn't. The image is from the show, it is the show's claims that I am debunking. The Ancient Aliens SHOW put up the image to represent vimana's, I found it strange as the rendition actually damages their claims.

You are using paintings like that one to TRY to debunk the ancient texts, except that you , in your biased diatribe didn't realize that those drawings are more modern represenations, or more modern artist renderings of what the ancient texts depict.

Superman comes from a far away planet as well and yet he's fictional.

Are you kidding me?... YOU, and only people like YOU are the ones claiming these stories are myths, the Vedas and other ancient texts do not protray them as myths, but as history, and as fact.

Try again...

Except that the sightings aren't all the same nor are they all reliable. Only a handful of UFOs are truly unidentified. Also, eye witness reports can never prove an extraordinary claim, they are the lowest form of evidence. Human perception is extremely flawed and memory is immensely malleable. Having seen a UFO myself I too want answers but that doesn't mean I get to steal myths from ancient days out of their historical or religious context in order to force modern day concepts of aliens in where they don't belong.

So what? such sightings have been occurring for millenium, and have been recorded all over the world which corroborate the fact that Earth has been visited for millenium by alien beings which have been seen by ancient men as Gods and Goddesses.

No. If a UFO were identified as an alien spacecraft it would be an IFO.

Unless you stopped one and asked the pilot where it is from it would still be unidentifiable.

As I stated before you have no evidence with which to claim that these were descriptions of nuclear weapons when they might as easily been asteroid strikes. Asteroid strikes can also leave behind radiation. Imagine being an ancient and witnessing something like the Tunguska event, it might be easy to see that as wrath from warring gods.

Asteroids, and atomic weapons leave behind different signatures, and in the texts they explain that these atomic explosions occurred during wars, they don't say that these weapons rained from the skies, but were hurdled either from Vimanas, or by heroes who had been given the knowledge of such weapons.

In the next section you quote from the Samarangana Sutradhara, something written FAR earlier than 5000 years ago. It is true that it describes the Vimana in pretty excellent detail. Does that prove such a thing existed and functioned as reported? Could this simply be ancient science fiction or embellishment? Modern nerds can tell you every detail of how the Starship Enterprise works right down the blueprints but that doesn't make the ship real. Now if we actually uncovered one of these Vimanas that would only prove they had flying machines, it wouldn't prove aliens.

Modern nerds have had an idea of how "Starship Enterprise" could function in great part because of SCIENCE, and btw the Vedas talk about atoms, the reality of the multiverse, which was only recently discovered by our scientists, and other SCIENTIFIC FACTS, and not works of fiction, and according to the Vedas, and other ancient texts such SCIENTIFIC FACTS, as well as Vimanas and knowledge of how to build them and operate them were given to mankind by Gods, and Goddesses who are not from this planet.

There is a big difference between Superman, most of which has no base on any sort of scientific fact, and the stories, and the knowledge told by ancient texts such as the Vedas.

edit on 11-6-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am mostly fascinated (and convinced) by the translations of the Enki Tablets.

This is the story of Humans being created. It matches VERY closely with The Terra Papers (linked in my sig). Though the vector to Human creation differs between the Sumerian writings and The Terra Papers, the decription of Us being created is virtually identical...

There exist no Sumerian tablets called the "Enki Tablets."

Your youtube links are referring "The Lost Book of Enki" by Zecharia Sitchin. That, my friend, is a work of fiction, even Sitchin admits it.

Well awesome that. Please link to where He admits this.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states quite unambiguously: "The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives."

As far as I can determine, this is completely made up, and a near-perfect example of why you shouldn't just repeat things you heard somewhere unless you can actually confirm them in some way.

Google "Hakatha," you get random social networking sites. Google "Hakatha Babylon" and you get random social networking sites and a handful of ancient astronaut sites. Google "Hakatha Laws of the Babylonians" and you get a whole slew of ancient astronaut sites, most of which reproduce the quote, complete with the introduction presented here, verbatim, without sourcing it. I can't find anything scholarly, or even a mention that supposed document actually exists, except in tandem with this quote.

I poked around a bit more. The only Babylonian law that I can find discussed anywhere is the Code of Hammurabi, that venerable first legal code we all learned about in school. In this English translation, there is no mention of "machine" nor of "fly," and searching "save" brings up three hits, none of which look right for the context of this quote. So it would seem that the Code of Hammurabi was not what was meant as the source.

A bit more—one site discusses the quote as being from the "Sanskrit Babylonian text the Hakatha, or laws of Babylon." Wait, what? Babylonians spoke Akkadian, a Semitic language which is completely and totally unrelated to the Indo-European Sanskrit. Okay, well, maybe the Babylonian part was a misunderstanding, and this is really from a Sanskrit text.

Is "hakatha" a Sanskrit word, I wondered? Not apparently. The only thing I can find in this online lexicon which contains that stretch of phonemes is mahAkathahacakra, apparently the word for a type of magical diagram; which is to say, nothing to do with the law at all.

So back to the Goog. Anyone wanna guess what you get if you google "Hakatha Sanskrit"?? Yup: Alien Astronaut sites, which produce the quote, along with the introduction presented above, verbatim, without sourcing it.

Without a proper source, the quote just seems too good to be true. I mean, look at it—it basically lays out the AAH in little bite-sized pieces: "The ancients could fly; they had advanced knowledge from their ancestors; it was given to them from "those from upon high"; aliens were totally helping out out ancestors."

Yup. Bunk. (Unless someone can source it to some actual ancient text, in which case, I will take back my claim that it is fake.)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by suomichris

Google "Hakatha," you get random social networking sites. Google "Hakatha Babylon" and you get random social networking sites and a handful of ancient astronaut sites. Google "Hakatha Laws of the Babylonians" and you get a whole slew of ancient astronaut sites, most of which reproduce the quote, complete with the introduction presented here, verbatim, without sourcing it. I can't find anything scholarly, or even a mention that supposed document actually exists, except in tandem with this quote.

So back to the Goog. Anyone wanna guess what you get if you google "Hakatha Sanskrit"?? Yup: Alien Astronaut sites, which produce the quote, along with the introduction presented above, verbatim, without sourcing it.

Yup. Bunk. (Unless someone can source it to some actual ancient text, in which case, I will take back my claim that it is fake.)

Sumichris, from this thread alone, I too have discovered stories and images that ONLY seem to appear on UFO blogs and sites.
If you try to verify the stories or images with any official newspaper or magazine reports you get Nada!

One example is this:

Supposedly a 29,000 year old cave painting from Itolo Tanzania.

If you Google "Itolo Tanzania".........all you get a whole slew of UFO blogs and sites repeating the same description of the " UFO cave painting" word for word.
Further more if you try and find a map to locate "Itolo" you will be unsuccessful.
Itolo doesn't seem to be a location in Tanzania.
In other words if I wanted to go to physically view this "UFO cave" painting in situ I would have a VERY hard time locating it.

However other "Cave paintings" from Tanzania like the one I posted just a few posts back can be located and found quite readily and easily and can be viewed as part of a larger collection of cave paintings....and I would have no problems if I went to physically to view the painting.

So to me the "UFO" cave painting screams made up FAKE.

Then there is this:

Originally posted by Unity_99

--Radioactive skeletons 3000 BC. Ruins of the ancient cities of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa are extremely radioactive.

--Both were destroyed suddenly and surrounding area crtystallized, fused or melted! All skeletons flattened to the ground. The skeletons are considered most radiactive things found save in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

--5000-6000 years ago!

Again do a Google search and all you get is the same story on a slew of UFO blogs and sites repeating the same story verbatim.
There are no official newspaper or magazine reports to support the story, which again certainly gives high probability that this story is made up and FAKE.

So it appears that whilst the Ancient Alien hypothesis may have some genuinely intriguing and interesting stories.....it also seems to contain lots of FAKE stories.....and it appears that some believers have swallowed these fake stories hook line and sinker.

I'll be happy if anyone can prove me wrong about the above two examples of suspected fake stories.....but I'll not hold my breath!

edit on 11-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If you Google "Itolo Tanzania".........all you get a whole slew of UFO blogs and sites repeating the same description of the " UFO cave painting" word for word.
Further more if you try and find a map to locate "Itolo" you will be unsuccessful.
Itolo doesn't seem to be a location in Tanzania.
In other words if I wanted to go to physically view this "UFO cave" painting in situ I would have a VERY hard time locating it.

However other "Cave paintings" from Tanzania like the one I posted just a few posts back can be located and found quite readily and easily and can be viewed as part of a lager collection of cave paintings....and I would have no problems if I went to physically to view the painting.

Yup, agreed. Google Earth has also never heard of Itolo, Tanzania. Bunk.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What? Thats no evidence to say its not real.....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Uh, what? It's a photo that claims to be from a place which does not exist, which means there is absolutely no way for anyone to confirm that it is what it claims, or follow up by investigating the site and taking more photos, or doing anything else at all to research the photo.

Sure, maybe it's not fake, and there was a typo or something in the location that got passed along (another reason not to cite what other people say without checking first), but even if that is the case, until someone figures out where the actual cave painting exists, there's no reason to think it's a legit photo, as no one can independently confirm it.

If you want to look at actual, documented cave paintings, and you see aliens and UFOs in them, that's fine; I don't, but I can see how someone could, and don't see a reason to argue about such things. But one shouldn't use evidence which cannot be confirmed in any way when arguing for something as extraordinary as the AAH. Especially when the evidence claims to come from a place which does not exist.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So how would you go about viewing this cave painting in situ then?

Other cave paintings in Tanzania seem to be easily verifiable and easily located.....but this "UFO" one isn't...... that's a RED flag for me.
Like I said I'd be happy to be proven wrong but It's all too easy to put up fake images and claim them as genuine.....so one naturally tries to verify them as genuine.....wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So how would you go about viewing this cave painting in situ then?

Other cave paintings in Tanzania seem to be easily verifiable and easily located.....but this "UFO" one isn't...... that's a RED flag for me.
Like I said I'd be happy to be proven wrong but It's all too easy to put up fake images and claim them as genuine.....so one naturally tries to verify them as genuine.....wouldn't you?

I get where your coming from. I'll try to source where its from.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just a couple of other photos i came across. Try to debunk these

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join