It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

The area the Sumerians occupied is not on the African continent, it's in the Middle East which serves as the connection between Africa, Europe and Asia. I'm not sure why you're being so high and mighty about this. By the way even if the Dogon knew of Sirius B before others arrived to teach them of it it wouldn't prove alien influence, it might SUGGEST however that the Dogon had the technology to discover Sirius B on their own.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The area, dear Phage, of southwestern Asia (modern day Iraq) that contains the Tigris , Nile, and euphrates Rivers is called AFRICA.

Wait. What? Sumer is part of ancient Mesopotamia. This includes what is known today as the Middle East, which you have stated is part of Asia. Last I checked Asia and Africa are two separate continents. The Tigris-Euphrates river valley is a completely different location than the Nile river valley. To say they're one in the same is like saying they're also the same as the Indus river valley.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

The area the Sumerians occupied is not on the African continent, it's in the Middle East which serves as the connection between Africa, Europe and Asia. I'm not sure why you're being so high and mighty about this. By the way even if the Dogon knew of Sirius B before others arrived to teach them of it it wouldn't prove alien influence, it might SUGGEST however that the Dogon had the technology to discover Sirius B on their own.

Because history-stealing Europeans love to call ancient Sumer ANYTHING but Africa.

The middle East IS Africa.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The area, dear Phage, of southwestern Asia (modern day Iraq) that contains the Tigris , Nile, and euphrates Rivers is called AFRICA.

Wait. What? Sumer is part of ancient Mesopotamia. This includes what is known today as the Middle East, which you have stated is part of Asia. Last I checked Asia and Africa are two separate continents. The Tigris-Euphrates river valley is a completely different location than the Nile river valley. To say they're one in the same is like saying they're also the same as the Indus river valley.

Ancient Mesoptamia, the Middle East is AFRICA. I never stated it was Asia...I said the area that is southwest of Asia (pardon me if I stated it incorrectly).

When the europeans ran around the world literally stealing history and took credit for African civilizations' advances, they decided to call that area the Middle East. It is AFRICA. Europeans don't even like to acknowledge that Egypt is part of Africa.

Don't you know that the history-stealing Europeans were NOTORIUS for taking credit and changing names??

Look at the bible.....Names of the gods/goddess like Osiris, Isis, Ra, and Horus got changed to Mary, Peter, Mark and freakin' Paul..

Gimme a break

Where are the black ATS'ers who are not afraid to clear up history for these Europeans that want to deny Africa their due credit?

Am I alone here?????
edit on 7-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So any time someone disagrees that the Middle East is in Africa that means they are attempting to steal credit from Africans? So you get to call anyone who disagrees with you a racist, what a wonderful trump card when you're own claims are falling flat.

I think its pointless to discuss which continent the Middle East is on since it's a hub between 3 different continents, indeed I believe that's why they call it the MIDDLE East. Who cares who gets credit?

For the record our species evolved in Africa, we're all African in origin, race is an illusion based on slight genetic differences that manifest in superficial differences of appearance. This isn't in interest of giving ANYONE credit, I'm far more interested in facts than any petty race war you seek to conjure up.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

You do realize the mistake here, right?

Here, let me help you...

The Tigris–Euphrates river system is part of the palearctic Tigris-Euphrates alluvial salt marsh ecoregion, in the flooded grasslands and savannas biome, located in West Asia.

What is Asia?

Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent, located primarily in the eastern and northern hemispheres.

But where is the Nile?

The Nile is a major north-flowing river in North Africa, generally regarded as the longest river in the world.

It is in Africa, you are right about that. So, is Africa in Asia?

Nope...

Africa is the world's second-largest and second most-populous continent, after Asia.

Here is an illustrated explanation to help you...

Africa...

Asia...

LEARNING!

edit on 7-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You all are acting like your ancestors, stealing credit from Africans and the resources from their land.

I'm done here....too many "Phage d--- riders"

Take some history and geography lessons, and then we may have a productive debate.

Til, then, yall can have this BS thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ancient Mesoptamia, the Middle East is AFRICA.

Once you learn basic grade-school geography, then maybe you will have something relevant to say.

Where are the black ATS'ers who are not afraid to clear up history for these Europeans that want to deny Africa their due credit?

They are too busy being smart to support any of the crap that is falling from your fingers and stinking up the place.

Am I alone here?

In believing Mesopotamia is in Africa, yes. In the "Black Athena" beliefs, you might find some supporters, but every critical-thinking scholar derides it, not being supported by any sort of archaeological or historical evidence. Not Out of Africa

But really, you need to learn some basic geography before you can sit at the adult table.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b87ab2b67e62.jpg[/atsimg]

or just trolling...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

You really mean the "White" table.

No different from the history stealing europeans that sat at that table at the Council of Nicea, stealing history, technology and changing African names into european names

You can have it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

All that takes is a pair of eyes, not technology.

Alien eyes maybe?

Chuckle

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You really mean the "White" table.

No, I mean the adult table, because you obviously have a child's understanding of geography and history.

Besides, what are you talking about? You're white, just pretending to be a black person because you think it will help you win a debate.

No different from the history stealing europeans that sat at that table at the Council of Nicea, stealing history, technology and changing African names into european names...

The Council of Nicea, really?

The First Council of Nicaea was a council of Christian bishops convened in Nicaea in Bithynia (present-day İznik in Turkey) by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in A.D. 325. The Council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom.

Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the relationship of Jesus to God the Father; the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed; settling the calculation of the date of Easter; and promulgation of early canon law.

But please, provide evidence to back up anything you are saying. That Sumeria was in Africa, that the Council of Nicea was about steal technology and history from Africa. This should be interesting. And no, screaming "racism" isn't evidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Pulling the appeal to race card means you have no facts to back up your argument, it's just an ad hominem attack and nothing more. Please present some evidence before this thread devolves into even more childish nonsense.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Notice the tactics the supporters of the ancient astronauts theory* are using. Purposeful misrepresentation of facts and arguments, diversionary accusations and the race card. They seem to have a strong aversion to discussing facts and evidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sorry but this thread isnt going anywhere. You guys are arguing about Geography for Gods sake....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Where is ancient Sumer?

Evidence of the presence of African people in ancient Southwest Asia is documented by Homer, who describes the Blacks, or "Ethiopians," as "dwelling at the ends of the earth, towards the setting and rising sun." The Greek historian Ephorus wrote that "the Ethiopians were considered as occupying all the south coasts of both Asia and Africa, divided by the Red Sea into Eastern and Western Asiatic and African." Sumer (located in southern Iraq, formerly Mesopotamia) was the first civilization in Southwest Asia. Prospering during the third millennium B.C.E., Sumer set the guidelines for the kingdoms and empires which followed her. While Sumer's many achievements are much celebrated, the important question of the ethnic composition of her citizens is frequently either glossed over or left out of the discussion altogether. Since the civilization of ancient Sumer has been claimed by other peoples, it is important to set the record straight. Sumerian civilization was an extension of Nile Valley civilization "of which Egypt was the noblest-born but not the only child." The ancient Sumerians referred to themselves as the Blackheaded people. There is also no doubt that the oldest and most exalted deity of the Sumerians was Anu, a name that loudly recalls the thriving and widely-spread Black civilizers found at history's dawn in Africa, Asia and even Europe. Eye-witness accounts, skeletal evidence, Biblical references, architectural patterns and oral traditions all point to an early African origin for the Sumerians if Ancient southwest Asia

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And don't forget, colonialism brought new borders for Africa

It is important to notice how borders have shifted as a result of colonialism. The borders of African countries today were imposed from the outside by European nations. Often the people who drew these borders paid no attention to ethnolinguistic groups or existing political organization at the time of colonialization. Sometimes they grouped together people who had never been united under the same government before. Sometimes they divided existing systems of government at the time of colonial conquest. Also, note that the borders of African colonies in 1914 were still different than what they would become in the latter part of the 20th century.

And....

the Council of Nicea, you asked?

The Original Christianity of the Original Christians and Original Biblical Books has been greatly changed, distorted, censored and reconstructed by Westerners into a False Christianity which serves as a "weapon" and the primary pillar of global white supremacy. Consider these facts: * Major altering and censoring of Biblical books were accomplished at the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. In addition, whole books were deleted from the Bible. Evidence of missing Biblical books exists within the Bible itself! These inclued the books of Jasher, Nathan, Shemaiah, Iddo and Jehu -referred to in Nm. 21:14 /Josh. 10:13 / II Sam. 1:18 / I Chr. 29:29 / and II Chr. 9:29, 12:15, 20:34. The Bible in its original form was the product of an African people. Though it has been greatly "messed" with by westerns, much truth is still available when you know true history.

and

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Take some history and geography lessons, and then we may have a productive debate.

I suggest you do that and stop derailing the thread with ignorant racist claptrap.

Just for the record, the definition of Europe, Africa and Asia has as much to to with human racial type as it does with lupine racial type. Or, indeed, the number of days it rains in the afternoon. For an hour.

Mesopotamia is in Asia.

Egypt is in Africa

Greece is in Europe.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am a BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN.

Please don't get that part twisted ever again.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

I suggest you do that and stop derailing the thread with ignorant racist claptrap.

Just for the record, the definition of Europe, Africa and Asia has as much to to with human racial type as it does with lupine racial type. Or, indeed, the number of days it rains in the afternoon. For an hour.

Mesopotamia is in Asia.

Egypt is in Africa

Greece is in Europe.

Of course its time to shout 'racist crap' when a black person corrects a white person on their (ahem...stolen) history.

You have done enough stealing from Africa and lying to the world about the credit due....I guess I should understand...its in your blood.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join