It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects Elenin would have on the inner solar system if it were a brown dwarf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think this simulation helps to put an end on the brown dwarf stuff.

This is a followup to my previous video showing that Elenin would severely perturb the positions of the planets at the present point in time if it were a brown dwarf.

This video is a closeup shot of the inner solar system to show what Elenin would do to it if it were a minimum mass brown dwarf (13 MJ). I adjusted the orbital elements for Elenin within Universe Sandbox to make them as precise as possible given the rounding limits of the program.

By the beginning of this year Elenin would already be visibly perturbing the inner solar system planets, particularly Venus, Earth, and Mars. You can see this by how much they deviate from the trails the traced out in previous orbits (something which does not happen when you reduce Elenin's mass to that of a comet or asteroid). This only gets worse as the year progresses and there would be no mistaking the improper positions of the planets by now if it were actually a brown dwarf.

The climax occurs during "brown dwarf" Elenin's perigee; due to its close proximity to earth, earth is completely pulled out of its orbit and into a highly eccentric orbit resembling that of a long period comet. Earth rapidly passes the orbital radius of Mars and eventually Jupiter on its way out of the inner solar system. There would be no surviving such a disaster, the entire planet would rapidly go into a state of deep freeze as it moves unavoidably farther and farther from the sun.

Fortunately there's no question that Elenin is not a brown dwarf. The perturbations that would precede this disaster are not happening and a brown dwarf would reflect to make it easily visible at that distance regardless of whether it was still emitting any light itself or not. Elenin is a very dim comet, even to infrared sensitive cameras attached to telescopes.

Effect of C/2010 X1 Elenin if it were a brown dwarf:

This is a gravitational simulation of the solar system including a comet with Elenin's approximate orbital elements showing the effect it would have on Saturn's orbital elements if it had the mass of a brown dwarf vs that of a comet of negligible mass.

The first run of the simulation uses a normal, sane mass for Elenin (negligible compared to the planets). The second run of the simulation that immediately follows it gives Elenin the minimum mass for a brown dwarf, 13 MJ.

As you can see, during the second run from the start of the simulated period on March 10th of this year until now, Saturn's eccentricity drops nearly 20% due to the perturbations of a minimum mass brown dwarf following the approximate orbit of Elenin. This is completely inconsistent with current observations of Saturn that do not show it to be out of place.

I do not think we will have nibiru, at least for now.

edit on 4-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
S&F Great thread. Too bad speculation goes as fact way too much around here.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chr0nicNZ
S&F Great thread. Too bad speculation goes as fact way too much around here.

Thanks, I think this will help to end this thing about brown dwarf.

More info from youtube:

@TrueHamal

...this video shows Elenin is not a brown dwarf. The gravitational perturbations of the planets' positions that would be happening right now are not happening. I observed Saturn's position just a couple of nights ago. According to this simulation, it should have been already perturbed out of its predicted position by 3.8 arcminutes if Elenin were a brown dwarf. Instead astrometric measurement showed it to be right where it should have been.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It was so obvious from the beginning that this wasn't a brown dwarf. Do you really think we would let a brown dwarf alter our orbit around our sun in the slightest way possible? No of course we wouldn't. The brown dwarf would be either rubble or on its way back from where it came from. Probably the latter because the first could still pose a threat to us in the form of a meteor shower if it isn't executed efficiently.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
could you think how crazy it would get here ..... it would be a interesting adventure.... but deadly

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
could you think how crazy it would get here ..... it would be a interesting adventure.... but deadly

Yeh, think crazy enough to get all of us dead.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Excellent work! Now if you can only post a video that proves that the Moon is not turning upside down or that the Sun is not rising in the wrong place.... Unfortunately, this board seems to be filled with people who think that NASA is the only body capable of looking up.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Would you be willing to go out on a limb and say that there is no danger in the Sept. alignment dates? On or about Sept. 25, 26, 27th?

This would seem to be the logical conclusion from your post. Or the direction it is pointing to.

Would you go on the record and say, "all clear"?

edit on 4-6-2011 by yourmamaknows because: spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Excellent work! Now if you can only post a video that proves that the Moon is not turning upside down or that the Sun is not rising in the wrong place.... Unfortunately, this board seems to be filled with people who think that NASA is the only body capable of looking up.

You right, we does not need nasa, to do what has been done for thousands of years with just simple observations.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by RUSSO

Would you be willing to go out on a limb and say that there is no danger in the Sept. alignment dates? On or about Sept. 25, 26, 27th?

This would seem to be the logical conclusion from your post. Or the direction it is pointing to.

Would you go on the record and say, "all clear"?

edit on 4-6-2011 by yourmamaknows because: spelling

Well, I'm not the kind of guy who predicts things like that, nor psychic. But I have a strong feeling that everything will be fine, all clear if this pleased you, because the simple logic that there is nothing to indicate otherwise. Did you have any inside information? Please, if you have, share it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

There's a trend. Chile, Christ Church, Japan. Rule of three. Go with the trend or not at all.

What in the world is this object? Will store water and food just in case.

A hunch, this object has been here before.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by RUSSO

There's a trend. Chile, Christ Church, Japan. Rule of three. Go with the trend or not at all.

What in the world is this object? Will store water and food just in case.

A hunch, this object has been here before.

I can not spotting a pattern in what you call a trend. Are you basing yourself in a hunch? I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with you. And look, I am a person with an open mind.

There is much speculation over this. And from what I understand speculation always cause more problems than solutions.

There is no way this be a brown dwarf .

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

What I think I wrote right above.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Alignment dates with Elenin and earthquakes form a recent trend. Was over to Terral's site, Humans are Free, and looking at possible photos of the object. Terral is pretty liberal in including stuff as evidence.

So far there are not any slam dunk theories to explain this object or it's effect. The next alignment date is on or around Sept. 25, 26, or 27th.

I was listening live to Alex Jones when that infamous caller phoned in in a panic to warn of a pole shift on March 15. He cut the caller off and said the they had been calling 30 times a day with some urgent message. A couple of days after the call the earthquake and tsunami hit in Japan. Then worldwide reports of a humming sound. Kinda creepy.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Here is the explanation for the rumble:

Here's Your Mystery Rumble, Folks. NASA's GIANT Cloud Machine in MS - BBC Special

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If this was another gloom and doom Elenin is gonna kill us NASA is covering it up thread it would have got 50 Flags and be 17 pages long.

But no, it's a thread of reason, with some interesting data so it got buried.

Shame on you ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I know a few people who were freaking out, thinking we we're all going to die in October. That is, until I explained a few things about physics and orbital dynamics. One of my friends even asked to borrow my 240mm telescope so he could look for it, until I explained albedo and the physical characteristics of brown dwarf stars. He has since dropped his sensational ranting. C/2010 X1 is not but a comet, and a fairly mediocre one at that. Also, on an unrelated note, how do I flag a post?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here's some more empirical data.

Elenin < Halley's

new topics

top topics

join