It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian police brand prostitutes like cattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is some sick behavior.

Malaysians outraged over branding of women

The incident triggered an outcry after local newspapers carried photos of the women bound up with a long chain and marked with either a tick or an X on their chest and forehead.

Women's rights group Tenaganita said the detainees had been victimised and called for an investigation into the police conduct.

Another rights group, Lawyers for Liberty, said the police action was "very unusual and inhumane'' as the women were merely suspects and not convicted of any crime.

And the sickos actually defended the practice :

Police have defended their actions, saying the markings served as a way to identify the women.

Stinking scum.

Anywhere you go on earth, cops will be cops, but at different levels of insanity.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Not that I'm condoning this type of treatment, but I mean, It's not as if the prostitutes don't try to make themselves look like a piece of meat if you get what I mean. Maybe I don't get what I mean.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
They are prostitutes...

...who wrecked many marriages.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is way over the top. Sure they are prostitutes, but they are not animals. Chances are most prostitutes aren't doing it because the want to, but that they have little to no choice about it. Especially in 2nd and 3rd world countries where getting money is very difficult.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
They are prostitutes...

Are you serious??

Yeah.... those marriage wreckers who send out telepathic messages to married men to come and cheat on their wives with them.
:shk:

Your statement is ignorant and stupid.

Prostitutes are there to provide a service and as the cliche goes, It's the oldest profession going.

Nobody forces married men to cheat on their wives with prostitutes, if the men decide to do it, then that is THEIR fault and not the prostitutes.

Lets also not forget that these women are often doing this because they have a habit or have been abused or have other issues which have led them down this path.

Yes there are those amazing rare women who do it and make $5000 a day and are high class call girls who only sleep with amazingly rich men and get treated like a lady, but those are like rocking horse ****...... very rare.
For most women, this is not something they enjoy doing and is certainly not their profession of choice.
edit on 4/6/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

They are prostitutes...

They are prostitutes...

Who help frustrated men of committing rape and such.

They cannot wreck marriages, the marriage was already wrecked.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
blupblup, you beat me to it. Like they force respectable married men into sleeping with them

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
Not that I'm condoning this type of treatment, but I mean, It's not as if the prostitutes don't try to make themselves look like a piece of meat if you get what I mean. Maybe I don't get what I mean.

As for this, I think I get what you mean and the gist of your statement is appalling. You do understand that women in poor countries often don't have any choice right? In all likelyhood have been pressured into this at a young age are kept in line with violence and abuse.

To say that they make themselves look like pieces of meet is missing the point. If they didn't they would probably get a beating for not making any money.

At the end of the day, whatever the reason these women are prostitutes, they are still human beings and shouldn't be branded like cattle.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

He also said the women had wrecked many marriages and that police had received numerous complaints from wives of men who sought their services.

Of course the wives don't complain about the husbands, I'm sure they wouldn't dare. After all they are good muslim men that got pressured into buying sex from impoverished immigrants.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I lived for over a year in Penang where this raid took place, There are many of these types of "Nightclub" there. Brothels and prostitution are Illegal in all forms in Malaysia so places like this are quite common, these raids are common and the locals smirk and say "someone didnt pay the police this month" with a sense of irony.

I can testify that its much worse than this article lets on, these girls are almost always Illegal immigrants brought here as a result of human trafficking and are held against their will. When these properties are raided there are rumours of seystematic rape by officers who know these women are in no position to defend themselves in anyway.

If this was in a western country in a club like that one with local prostitutes I would say whatever the police do to make there job easier is fine by me, but in this circumstance where these women are most likely captors it just makes it that much more degrading

P.s as a side note when victims of human trafficking are found in most S.E Asian countries they are simply returned to their country of birth without reports being taken, its only if the women are in the country officially that they go through the system.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Imagine being taken against your will, forced into prostitution, branded like an animal... and then being thought of with complete derision by spoiled westerners who have faced little or no hardship in all their lazy lives.

How sad.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I can say from first hand knowledge these places in Penang are not frequented by westerners.
Its all local Chinese and to a lesser degree Indian and Malay men, any westerner knows within 10 min exactly what the place is and westerners who are after that sort of thing go to Thailand which is very close.

I agree with you its disgusting and I genuinely feel sorry for these girls, theres no punishment too harsh for the people responsible for this.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
After all they are good muslim men that got pressured into buying sex from impoverished immigrants.

Since we are discussing about sex lets also not forget the Pedo Christian Popes and Priests who fulfill their lust on kids and the Jewish Rabbi's who perform oral suction of circumcised penises probably as a way to get off.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
in the usa most prostitutes are also drug additcs and its an easy way to make their fix..in third world countrys its a way to survive..if police over here branded a crack whore..the resulting lawsuite would make her rich overnite lol

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

They are prostitutes...

Wow, really??!!

If your area of residence "branded" stupidity, I'd be worried if I were you... with such a rather stupid reply like that, a "branding" would be in order for you...
edit on 4-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: Typo

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow. Pieces of meat being branded like cattle is both inhumane and symbolic, if not karmic. Maybe it's a convenient but barbaric way to "track" prostitutes who chose an unwise path, sometimes to no fault of their own. Just a thought: RFID chips would have been an alternative "testing ground" in these otherwise backward countries without causing much scarring on the surface of the skin.

new topics

top topics

join