It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: U.S. Fought To Lower Minimum Wage In Haiti So Hanes And Levis Would Stay Cheap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is SLAVERY... Keep it up Amerika. No wonder this country is absolute ****. Disgusting and wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zeta55

Sarah Lee Corp. then bought them out.......moved the factories to Mexico......I quess the Mexicans were making too much......so now they move to Hati....so they can pay slave wages.

Well, 31 cent is around 12.00 dollars in Haitian gourde (I think), I'm sure they are grateful for the jobs sent there.

This country has gone to hell economically due to Corporations moving factories for the cheapest labor available.

Corporations outsourcing has kept prices cheap and affordable, if the U.S still produced the way we use to no one would be able to afford anything we made and we would all go broke.

Companies used to care about their employees.....and the welfare of this country.

Many of them still do care about their employees, but to think that a company owes any country its loyalty is just foolish.

I quit buying Hanes products years ago...when the Greed-Masters closed down most of the US factories.

Many of the U.S factories closed themselves down.

Kiss my #%* Hanes, and all of you greedy #%@ bastards that have helped to destroy this country.....while you drive around in your luxury cars....live in your mansions.....and feed your fat ass faces in your elite country clubs.

Mhm, that's interesting, many Americans drive around in fancy cars....live in decent sized homes and feed their fat ass faces too. Are they helping to ``destroy`` our country too? Most, if not all of the problems that our country faces is because of our government. Your post is nothing but an attempt to shift the blame away from the government and place blame, onto individuals, because you hope their is a way to better the government. Basically chasing rainbows.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by hadriana

Does he?

I think the people of Haiti do more.

Mentioned Sean Penn because I am aware of his singular dedication and hard work for Haitians. Making a practical suggestion that he be made aware. Where is Sean Penn? translates to "find him" because he will help.

Sean Penn is probably too busy beating his new gf up.

Hey so he's passionate. At least the man has some feeling.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join