It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Gore Were To Run For President Now..........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Do you think he would win? With the election coming up, and many people trying anway not to re-elect Bush, yet not vote for Kerry, do you think if Gore ran, he would have a chance? Did his speech at the Democratic National Convention show that he still has it in him?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think Gore is a much more attractive candidate for the American voter. If he was here you wouldn't be hearing all this there's no one to vote for stuff. Bush would be handed his hat quickly.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think the fact that he did not run shows he did not have it in him to do it again. I think the 2000 election really turned him off to the whole thing or something he did have 4 years to think about it.

I think he would have become the Democratic nominee by a land slide if he had entered the race. A he would probably have one the Election.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I feel that if Gore ran for president now, everyone would remember the debacle that was the 2000 election and not want to vote for him or Bush, fearing another mess of dimpled and pregnant chads, or accusations of election fixing. Personally, I think his speech was good, but I don't think he'd have the support if he entered the race this late. How exactly would Gore run now, since Kerry has the nomination from the Democrats?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the fact that he did not run shows he did not have it in him to do it again.

Or is it that he felt he would just get cheated again?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
How exactly would Gore run now, since Kerry has the nomination from the Democrats?

This is more of a metaphorical question.

Here is the second part to the discussion. Would you vote for him?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by MKugs]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i think many people would vote for ANYONE, as long as it's not bush. would he win? well that's another story. i still think bush has a few tricks up his sleave to sway the next election. perhaps capturing osama would boost morale, especailly if it happened around the convention, or *gasp* on the anaversery of 9/11. making a public display of saddam would also sway a few voters who have forgotten. one last trick might be to suddenly "discover" WMD conviently close to the election.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
making a public display of saddam would also sway a few voters who have forgotten. one last trick might be to suddenly "discover" WMD conviently close to the election.

If he did do that though, I would be disgusted that he would wait just to boost his ratings. Many soldiers and families would probably be mad that they were not told about this sooner, and that Bush used it for publicity in his re-election campaign.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
As to your second song, I personally would not vote for him. I have selected a candidate all ready, and it would take an awful lot for me to change my voting plans right now.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the fact that he did not run shows he did not have it in him to do it again.

Or is it that he felt he would just get cheated again?

That might have been part of it I think he was disenfranchised with the whole process after 2000

Perhaps a small part of Gore died after that election

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Even if he wanted to run...He wouldnt be nominated by the Democratic party. He had his chance and lost...they arent going to support a proven loser.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I would vote for Gore if he ran. It is like trying to pick from the best of the worst during this election. No Kerry, No Bush, then who?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bzap
It is like trying to pick from the best of the worst during this election.

I think most Americans feel that way. I have a feeling that this coming election, will have very few votes, most people will feel they cant choose, and just stay home.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First, we all know that he won the elections in 2000 and I do not blame him from not wanting to run again after the 2000 fiasco.

However, if he had run again these elections, probably I would have voted for him.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
First, we all know that he won the elections in 2000 and I do not blame him from not wanting to run again after the 2000 fiasco.

However, if he had run again these elections, probably I would have voted for him.

Actually, Gore didn't win. If he did, he would be President.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

i think many people would vote for ANYONE, as long as it's not bush. would he win? well that's another story. i still think bush has a few tricks up his sleave to sway the next election. perhaps capturing osama would boost morale, especailly if it happened around the convention, or *gasp* on the anaversery of 9/11. making a public display of saddam would also sway a few voters who have forgotten. one last trick might be to suddenly "discover" WMD conviently close to the election.

So what you are saying is that no matter what happens, Bush can't win. If we find Osama or prevent a terrorist attack, it's all political. If he doesn't capture Osama or an attack happens, then he didn't do enough.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
didn't vote for him then and i woudln't vote for him now. then again i'm not even registered but thats a minor detail. the point is though i didn't vote for him.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Everyone is mentioning how people want "anyone but Kerry and Bush"- which means Gore would be the choice-

But last election everyone was saying "anyone but Gore or Bush"

It was exactly the same problem as we have now, and people feel too powerless so they don't choose a third party. It would be the perfect time for all those people to follow their own advice and vote for someone else. A third party could actually win if people got out of their seats and voted who they did want instead of the lesser evil.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

So what you are saying is that no matter what happens, Bush can't win. If we find Osama or prevent a terrorist attack, it's all political. If he doesn't capture Osama or an attack happens, then he didn't do enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

i never said bush can't win. i said MANY people will vote for anyone but bush, plus the fact that he does have a lot of supporters. all i meant by osama and wmd is that he will do anything in his power to continue to manipulate the masses into voting for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join