It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies, what exactly do you expect from us? (Being a good boyfriend/spouse)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Money.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
well i wolud say in my past relationships dont treat her any less of a woman if you dont agree with her be able to talk about problems dont hide feelings or any thing from her treat her as a equil some one to confide in and grow a deep love with eachother i wish yall the best of luck

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When she starts getting on your nerves just grab her and plant a deep, passionate, long kiss on her. Do it every time for about a week. Fight anger with love. Love always wins.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The problem seems to rest with your lady friend.
Just be true to yourself,treat her with love and
respect.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Sounds like you both need to work on communicating with each other.

And by communicating, I don't mean throwing dishes/yelling.

Exactly! Communication is the key...

That or convert to islam and convince her to do the same... that will work wonders also.

First of all sorry I did not go through the whole thread, so I might be skipping a few vital updates.
I strongly disagree with your comment linking Islam to "abusive" relation. It is wrong on so many levels that I will not even go through them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There is nothing you can do to please a woman. She knows she holds power in america. Once you marry her and have kids with her, its all over for you bub (well just marrying her is almost as bad because it is goodbye inheritance). Don't understimate what she can do to you. In america, women own men and they in actuality don't feel that they really necessarily need you. Technology plays that role. In america, I do feel like women need a good spanking. Boy do they need a good spanking for their arrogance, selfishness, egotistic and greediness arse. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

The problem seems to rest with your lady friend.
Just be true to yourself,treat her with love and
respect.

What part of "her not respecting him" do you NOT GET? freaking annoying females always defending each others selfish nature. Pissing me off!

TC: Just dump the girl. Be the alpha dog and start taking control of the girls. Don't let females fool you with this love bullcrap, it's not real my boy. Love is simple chemical reactions in the brain. Once you realize this, nothing can stop you from seeing the true manipulative nature of women.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
My thoughts as a long-married woman...

Your girlfriend is passive-aggressive, expecting you to read her mind. Also, her expectations are too high. I found happiness this way: if I didn't ask for it, I can't expect it. Anything I get that wasn't asked for is bonus. I shouldn't ask for anything that I'm not willing to give.

What I'm guessing is that primarily she is using you as a scapegoat for her own personal turmoils. If she is under the age of 40, turmoil is going to be frequent & happen regularly, about twice a month. It's easy as a woman to make the man somehow responsible for our every unhappiness.

But it's unfair. And wrong.

This is the ugly side of feminism (and I believe there are good sides to it, too) - men are held to ridiculous, unattainable standards and then made the scapegoat for our emotional problems.

It isn't your responsibility to make her happy. If she doesn't show up happy & remain that way on her own, what do you want with her? She's just going to torture you for as long as you put up with it.

It happens all the time as a woman that I might feel vaguely pissy for no real reason. It's my responsibility as a woman to be mature enough to deal with this internally, not torture other people with it. Overcoming our own hormones is part of becoming a true woman. Girls who never take responsibility and blame it on whatever man or other woman who comes their way... are just immature girls. Not real women.

Just doing some board walking and came across this thread, brilliant post above. Star from me

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I cannot speak for all women, but there was a time that I was overly emotional (when I was younger), and if my boyfriend would let me act out, I did as I wanted. He would either relentlessly ask me "Whats wrong?", "Are you mad at me?", and I saw him as a push over.

Then I met my match, someone that wasn't mean to me, but didn't take my crap either. Though we later broke up (years later), we are still friends and always agreed that we were better off being honest with each other, we even give each other relationship advice.

Sometimes (some women) need someone to be a challenge intellectually, spiritually, and communication wise. Maybe shes just waiting for you to let her know that you love her, but you will not be a doormat to tantrums, but a bit of communication, and compromise can get you guys on the right track.

Good Luck, NRE.

Another great post and an interesting one, might help me out personally. Star from me

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You need to be able to read minds.

And put the toilet seat down.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri
You need to be able to read minds.

And put the toilet seat down.

^This

Pretty much sums up everything we would like men to understand.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Two words, money and security =D

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
S t o p

Lying

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bail - Honestly if you go down this road of constantly having to make concessions and are always asking what is wrong, flapping around trying to make things right, then you will become a broken man, a shadow of your self. Nothing you ever do will be good enough - and I speak from bitter experience because once you don't have a truly 50/50 relationship and start losing grip, always treading on eggshells, nothing is good enough - there is no recovering it.

I am definitely not advocating being an arse - treat her with respect, be considerate, make effort to be attentive, be a nice guy - dont mistreat a woman - that is not what I am saying at all before anyone jumps on me for my comments...

but what I am getting at is if there is some small issue that she blows up out of all proportion and you don't understand the reason behind such a reaction, or it is genuinely unfounded - make a bloody stand now - walk out, and if there is still an issue when you come back, walk out again - she will soon see you are not going to play these "games" and concede to her on every occasion.
If it backfires and she leaves you - you are better off out of it no question.

In hindsight my marriage could probably have still been going if I would have had the balls to make a stand when I should have done - instead of doing what you think is right and conceding for a "quiet life", because there comes a point when if you constantly give in you eventually become viewed as weak, spineless, become devoid of any drive and passion and are no longer the man she fell in love with.
How ironic - the behavior you accept for an easy life turns you into something you are not, and no longer are you what she was attracted to and it has gone beyond repair

Whatever happens - good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Women, what exactly do you expect from a boyfriend?

Im so confused right now. I do a lot of things right, but it just seems like you expect everything from us men. I could be wrong of course, and maybe Im not doing enough emotionally to keep my girlfriend happy, and she never says anything direct, Im always expected to read between the lines.

So ladies, any tips on what I shoudl take on board to keep my girlfriend happy? We do love each other but it just seems that whenever I make a mistake, its always a big deal, and half the time I dont mean to, or dont even know Im doing something wrong.

edit on 4/6/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

You could try a cute nickname.

or even better yet,untie her once and a while.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They want the same thing we do in a mate:

1. Attractive
2. Money
3. Nice Bod
4. Compatible Personality

Of course, as we get older, we reshuffle the importance of these, and even the degree, especially taking our own level in these categories to heart.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Get the book, the 5 love languages, by Gary Chapman it is a great book for both men and women. The 5 are quality time, words of affirmation, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. Not everyone is all 5, and some people have one that they like to give, and a different one they like to get. For me I like to receive words of affirmation, and I like to give physical touch, it could be something as small as holding hands. No two people are the same. Try reading the book, or just taking the test on line, and seeing what you come out as, maybe your love languages are different from that of your girlfriends. It helps to know what you like and what your girlfriend likes.
Good Luck

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Just seen this thread again and I'm slightly annoyed right now, why is the emphasis always on what the male should do for the female?

Maybe you women should remember to always pay us a daily compliment?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Reality check from an amateur:

~If bickering, not good. Get out. Will be long-term if married.
~If family and friends cool with relationship, keep it. If not cool, get out.
~If unhappy in relationship, be honest. Better suffer with truth now than regretful later with lies.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Mate do not put up with this crap another second.

It seems like you have been too nice and accomadating and she has lost respect for you.

Nip it in the bud mate whilst you still can.

Next time she gets the hump.

Just tell her that life is way too short to be with a miserable, nagging cow, then walk out.

Do not call her for a few days.

Make yourself unavailable.

It will drive her nuts!

She will probably end up at where your staying.

This is where you tell her straight that her nonesense stops or your done.

Women like their men to be men who do not pander after their every whim.

In other words bring your inner bad boy to the surface for a change, but not all the time.

This is just game playing though.

If she cant deal with being with a nice guy who treats her well then she will just end up destroying your self esteem.
In the end, if who you are is not good enough for her, then she is sooo not good enough for you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join