It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got threatened with jail time after applying for financial aid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think we all stand behind the logic presented at Nuremburg that "following orders" is no excuse for despicable and inhuman behavior.

So the next time a "pilot" fires that Predator Drone at a house, perhaps remembering that logic may help him.

"Coalition of the willing"....sounds much more ominous in that context.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Canada will never be part of NAU. Even the concept of that is disgusting to the vast majority of Canadians.

The concept is disgusting to most in the USA too. Canada's conservatives have made strides in the past decade toward this goal. Many influential Canadians and Mexicans are involved in writing policy goals for the CFR. Check out the CFR's website, under publications. Search for papers regarding a North American Union and standardized currency. You may be surprised.

Sorry for the two-in-a-row posts.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by macman

I think we all stand behind the logic presented at Nuremburg that "following orders" is no excuse for despicable and inhuman behavior.

So the next time a "pilot" fires that Predator Drone at a house, perhaps remembering that logic may help him.

"Coalition of the willing"....sounds much more ominous in that context.

I agree. Those that are involved with the killing should be prosecuted.

But, please don't fall into the claptrap of thought that all military engagements are as such. Because they are not.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Throm

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I still love the military, as the GI/Grunt is not the decision maker.

Really, so all those poor nazi soldiers were just "doing their job" as well as Pol Pots, Idi Amin Dada soldiers were just doing as they were ordered etc.
Maybe if these "grunts" said no, would we have the genocides we have had??
Believe it or not the American "grunt" is the Worlds terrorist, blindly following orders of their psychopathic leaders.
"It's the Law" what a croc, the "law" also says NO DEMONSTRATIONS at the TJ memorial, the "law" also allows for you to be held indefinitely if you are suspected of being a "terrorist" the "law" allows strangers to touch your private area's and dose you with radiation just to board a plane.
So the refrain "It's the Law" holds no water.
And what does the average American owe their government for anyways, ohh right not protecting your high paying manufacturing jobs, more people in prison per capita then China, a debt for you and countless generations yet unborn, do I really need to go on?

Ah!! Another Anti-military, Pro-Liberal sideswipe.
Comparing the US military to Nazi's. Is that some argument notes from Media matters, code pink or someother site?

But, you are correct about the no dancing and the Patriot act. Both are unconstitutional.

Macman's post sounds pretty conservative to me. It is a very liberal thing to go to war, to allow the TSA to grope each person is liberal, to allow rights to be removed for protection is liberal, bigger government is liberal.

It is conservative to not invade another country.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Damek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
People have put together this impression of me based on things I haven't said. Wars, I do not support, because every war that we are currently engaged in is for the goal of money. If America was TRULY fighting to defend freedom and values, and to defend the future, I'd be right there with everyone else. Why should I be called a "wuss" because I don't wanna go kill kids and women in Iraq??

Yeah because that is all the Military does.

Just about, yeah...that is all the military does. Every action the military undertakes has the goal of either making money or saving money. Right down to the Corp of Engineers (who engineer salvation and catastrophe, depending on which will make the most money).

Smedley Butler said it all. "War is Racket". Disillusionment is hard to go through, but you need to go through it.

We have all seen Collateral Damage. Shooting at civilians and vans with children in it is not that big a deal to them, it seems.
edit on 5-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Because of the truth that he was brave enough to speak and not because of all of his medals and awards, Smedley Butler was the greatest marine, nay! The greatest Soldier who ever lived, IMHO anyways...

Man, right when I have you pegged as some dumb ape from texas you go and say something intelligent!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Damek

Making assumptions is so fun on the internet.

If you really want to know my thoughts on the current wars, why not just ask?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I didn't comment of your views on wars, I commented on your assertion that macmans post was liberal.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Damek

Still stand by my retort.

I am open to answer questions in regards to this.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I still stand by my retort.

I am open to answer questions in regards to this.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Then go register and stop whining about it. Seriously.

I can't believe you had the audacity to apply for federal aid while knowingly and consciously ducking a federal law. Then you top it off by complaining about it and how unfair the system is concerning selective service.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Make a baby and make sure it's male and your only male child. Then register and they will never ever bother you again, if you have brothers tell them to never register and put down that you have no siblings. That's all I have to say!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Perhaps some more time on ATS will only reaffirm your newfound belief.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93

I can't believe you had the audacity to apply for federal aid while knowingly and consciously ducking a federal law. Then you top it off by complaining about it and how unfair the system is concerning selective service.

I would argue that being a productive, tax paying member of this society is more than enough to make one eligible to receive the full benefits designed for productive, tax paying citizens. The draft and the requirement to register for the draft are in no way a reflection of a "free" society. Why should anyway have to register to potentially be selected to be FORCED to work for an entity that they know in their hearts serves evil purposes? Morality and ethics are greater than laws passed by rich men for the advancement of their agendas.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan

Originally posted by Damek

Originally posted by General.Lee
What's with the misleading titles? You weren't threatened for "applying for financial aid" you were threatened for not registering for selective service. There are plenty of laws the rest of us would prefer to not comply with but that would be anarchy. You're good enough to take the taxpayers money for school but you wouldn't fight for them? Typical American.

He is a taxpayer. If they didn't steal his money, then he wouldn't need aid.
Typical American.

This is the best post on ATS in the last month.

Absolutely correct.

It is true yet somehow does not prevent everyone from repeating the mantra "ITS THE LAW" as if the law is not simply the will of tyrants and even so do you honestly believe these miniscule posts that contribute little or nothing to these threads are neccessary?

and it is far from the best post on ATS this month!

Some people simply enjoy reading their own words on the screen like an ape glimpsing its reflection on the glass of its prison cell.

Funny, as you point the finger you forget to include yourself.
Seems to be that you are just as engaged as the rest of those you call ape.

reply to post by Damek

You are added to "The military does not want you either" list.

I wonder how many ignorant one liners I can get away with...

Would you rather be on the list for Military service?

reply to post by macman

Care to tell us what the military does otherwise?
Then we can blast your little nonsensical one liners into oblivion one by one.

Why waste more then a line on someone like you?

We are all enslaved to a system that cares not.
Some of us realize it and others do not.
Of those who realize it some wish to remain enslaved while others do not.
Of those who do not wish to remain enslaved a small minority are actually taking steps toward their own personal independence and freedom.
You might suggest that their efforts are in vain and then I will remind you that it was the power of a small minority who took the steps neccessary to enslave us all and to teach people like you the wrong values so you will kill without thought.

So, your effort to clump us all together the same is pure fantasy yet the fact that we are seemingly trapped like rats in a cage, a current reality for most.

I was a young dumb kid once upon a time who scored very high on his asvab and had plenty of college credits and lots of AMBITION to the point that if an instant karmic reversal were possible, you might be calling me SIR right about now...pilgrim, yet fate had its way with me and as far as my military service goes, I am glad that it did as I haved learned so much at this point that I would be the biggest hypocrit alive if I were to embrace the Dogma of Nationalism and order misguided young people to kill and or die for an unjust unworthy cause.

Yes yes, why waste time on someone like me but a bullet? Am I at least worthy of a bullet to my head?

I have studied not simply read The articles of confederation, the declaration of independence, the constitution, the federalists papers, the anti federalist papers, the origin and evolution of what we deem our rights and plenty of legalese sprinkled throughout.
I am more educated about america and its history then most of its politicians and historians claim to be.

Yes, why waste time with me as I have the words and the knowledge to lay low pretty much all of your nonsensical dogmatic nationalistic arguments.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93

lol and if you read the previous posts you'll see where I said that I didn't know it was law, and didn't have to do it in school because I was a senior at 16.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

"Where liberty is, there is my country." - Benjamin Franklin

I could not agree more with your views on nationalism. Well stated.

Currently it would seem that I am a man without a nation.
edit on 5-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You seem to have missed the point, your defense of "grunts" are not the decision makers some how absolves them, I also used Pol Pot and Idi Amin as examples of leaders leading and followers following. So it's alright for American "boots" on the ground to just be following orders, but some how it's not a defense for those others?
Liberal? Anti-Military? haha, that's really funny I support the Military so much that I think it's criminal that fine young men and women are put in harms way for corporate greed, you sir I charge with being Anti-Military Personal.
And no one countered my argument that "It's the Law" is no defense of anything.
And it seems that no one is able to show what the "government" has given them other then debt and deprivation.
So the question is do you support the men and women of the armed forces or the Military Industrial Complex..
As to my political opinions I am an Anarchist Libertarian.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

So because you say so, makes it true?
Because you say you are a scholar of (Insert whatever) makes it so?

I hold no grand illusions of what the state of affairs is.
I know what must be done to survive and how to prosper in this day and age.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Throm

Great take on what I stated.
Well played and great use of the Alinsky way.

The comparison of one to the other is almost word by word off any liberal website you can find.

You know the difference between the 2.

I love the argument of "I don't support the war and am angry for those fighting in this war". Sorry, but no one in the military wants your sorry attitude or your protests.
You don't understand those in the Military, and never will.

Keep your tears for the spilled milk.

edit on 5-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by macman because: Stupid grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yup, it really sucks - we live in the land of the free, but we're required to sign up to be cannon fodder. Our volunteer army is filed with brave men & women, there is no need for a draft anymore.

Has anyone actually been prosecuted for failing to register for the draft though? I havent found anything, but it's still a good idea to do. Only because the Feds hold everything over our heads if we don't register. Financial aid, government jobs, etc, etc. I live in Louisiana, and I had to prove I registered before I could sign up for college classes! Im not sure on the specifics, but even my driver's license is somehow tied to the draft.

In other words, while I doubt you'll get any jail time, they have other ways of making your life hell.Keep us updated on this.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join