It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got threatened with jail time after applying for financial aid

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Give him a shot, in a huge out of control conflict youll need guys like us, to give the real soldiers some down time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
What's with the misleading titles? You weren't threatened for "applying for financial aid" you were threatened for not registering for selective service. There are plenty of laws the rest of us would prefer to not comply with but that would be anarchy. You're good enough to take the taxpayers money for school but you wouldn't fight for them? Typical American.

The title says AFTER not FOR...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
reply to post by macman

Give him a shot, in a huge out of control conflict youll need guys like us, to give the real soldiers some down time.

What need?
They have no value within the world of conflict or combat as they have stated you would not join the military.
Stay home, and let the Men handle the problems when the time comes.
The need for a conflicted theorist on the battle field is little to none. I lean more towards none.

Maybe get me some coffee when I ask..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

What's with the misleading titles? You weren't threatened for "applying for financial aid" you were threatened for not registering for selective service. There are plenty of laws the rest of us would prefer to not comply with but that would be anarchy. You're good enough to take the taxpayers money for school but you wouldn't fight for them? Typical American.

He is a taxpayer. If they didn't steal his money, then he wouldn't need aid.
Typical American.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damek

Typical American.

Now that I agree with.

edit on 5-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Typical American.

This is the best post on ATS in the last month.

Absolutely correct.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Damek

You are added to "The military does not want you either" list.

I wonder how many ignorant one liners I can get away with...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

yeah me too...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan

reply to post by Damek

I got a butt load of them.

You want more?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
People have put together this impression of me based on things I haven't said. Wars, I do not support, because every war that we are currently engaged in is for the goal of money. If America was TRULY fighting to defend freedom and values, and to defend the future, I'd be right there with everyone else. Why should I be called a "wuss" because I don't wanna go kill kids and women in Iraq??

I didn't know that I had to register for SS because when I was a high school senior I wasn't yet 18. I didn't turn 18 for a full year and a half after I finished high school. I had already started college, and my father was paying for it then, so I didn't need student aid.

All I'm saying, is getting a letter saying threatening you with jail time seems like a little extra. But obviously opinions are a damnable offense around here.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Typical American.

Absolutely correct.

It is true yet somehow does not prevent everyone from repeating the mantra "ITS THE LAW" as if the law is not simply the will of tyrants and even so do you honestly believe these miniscule posts that contribute little or nothing to these threads are neccessary?

and it is far from the best post on ATS this month!

Some people simply enjoy reading their own words on the screen like an ape glimpsing its reflection on the glass of its prison cell.

link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
People have put together this impression of me based on things I haven't said. Wars, I do not support, because every war that we are currently engaged in is for the goal of money. If America was TRULY fighting to defend freedom and values, and to defend the future, I'd be right there with everyone else. Why should I be called a "wuss" because I don't wanna go kill kids and women in Iraq??

Yeah because that is all the Military does.

link   

reply to post by Damek

I got a butt load of them.

You want more?

Better save your energy as you have a world of enemies to dehumanize.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Care to tell us what the military does otherwise?
Then we can blast your little nonsensical one liners into oblivion one by one.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Typical American.

Absolutely correct.

It is true yet somehow does not prevent everyone from repeating the mantra "ITS THE LAW" as if the law is not simply the will of tyrants and even so do you honestly believe these miniscule posts that contribute little or nothing to these threads are neccessary?

and it is far from the best post on ATS this month!

Some people simply enjoy reading their own words on the screen like an ape glimpsing its reflection on the glass of its prison cell.

Funny, as you point the finger you forget to include yourself.
Seems to be that you are just as engaged as the rest of those you call ape.

reply to post by Damek

Would you rather be on the list for Military service?

reply to post by macman

Care to tell us what the military does otherwise?
Then we can blast your little nonsensical one liners into oblivion one by one.

Why waste more then a line on someone like you?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Didn't say that either. However everything that people have tried to insult me on is the basis of a combat situation. Thanks though

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

No, actually the above is your quote.
Please re-read your post.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Just about, yeah...that is all the military does. Every action the military undertakes has the goal of either making money or saving money. Right down to the Corp of Engineers (who engineer salvation and catastrophe, depending on which will make the most money).

Smedley Butler said it all. "War is Racket". Disillusionment is hard to go through, but you need to go through it.

We have all seen Collateral Damage. Shooting at civilians and vans with children in it is not that big a deal to them, it seems.
edit on 5-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ok, you're obviously having some comprehension issues now, but it's ok.

Tell me then sir, where is our military currently located and fighting for true freedom and values, NOT money?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was referring to the idea that all they do is kill women and children.
I have no allusion in thinking that today's military is not out to pave the way for Corporations, pulling the strings of Govt and vice verse. The Military is merely a tool they use.

I still love the military, as the GI/Grunt is not the decision maker.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join