It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got threatened with jail time after applying for financial aid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, you could always take This Route and avoid the fear over being drafted PLUS get the government to outright pay for your education rather than taking out huge loans and participating in the US' educational pinzi scheme.

(I'd suggest you fill out the selective service card like most of us did our senior year of high school and not sweat it so much. Then again, I'll pass the draftable age a lot sooner than you will so easy for me to say, huh?)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

WTF is that?? I'm not a fighter, don't support the wars, but I DO support the troops. However I don't wanna be one, I just support them from afar. lol

You obviously want something ie FINANCIAL AID but not willing to give back. Sometimes people have to be persuaded to do things for the benefit of the country when they otherwise would be unwilling.

You should not of applied for FINANCIAL AID if you are unwilling to do something you dont want to in return.

Listen, life is not FREE.

Suck it up and sign the paperwork or use your own money and let the AID go to someone who really needs it and will offer the country something back in return.

Or go to jail and be prepared to bend over and unclench haha.

Enjoy your options while you still have them.
edit on 5-6-2011 by testtubebaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What's with the misleading titles? You weren't threatened for "applying for financial aid" you were threatened for not registering for selective service. There are plenty of laws the rest of us would prefer to not comply with but that would be anarchy. You're good enough to take the taxpayers money for school but you wouldn't fight for them? Typical American.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I don't know too much about this whole thing but it just kind of trips me out

In early april I applied for Federal Student Aid, which I'm sure plenty of others have done. I'm a married man with 2 kids making a sustainable living, however can't fork out the extra money for school. My wife also filled her application out at the same time. She got her approval a little under a month later, and I was like "hey, what about me???" (we're attending the same college).
About a week later, I recieved a letter that said "we've recieved your application for FSA, and it is being processed, however you are required to register for selective service before approval can be given. Visit www.SSS.gov, or fill out the attached form and mail it back to us in the pre-addressed envelope. If registration is not recieved, your application will not be processed and you will be prosecuted which can result in jail time. We don't want to prosecute you, so please register as soon as possible."

WTF is that?? I'm not a fighter, don't support the wars, but I DO support the troops. However I don't wanna be one, I just support them from afar. lol
It just leaves a bitter taste for them to say "register so we can come get you when we draft, or you'll go to jail".... I definitely would not be a proud soldier after having to choose between jail and combat.

dont fill it in!! wait to see if they really do follow it up with a second warning...if they do.. just go public...id give the same story you just told us to the media...then find a good lawyer...they dont want that kind of publicity.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Lawyer? Go public? For what?

Selective Service is the law. What the OP did violated the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Link to ATS post on thread pertaining to Registration for selective Service

go ahead
get your money & your dept

and as for supporting the troops
from a far ...
try walking up to one sometime & thanking them for their
service perhaps with a hand shake or a hug...

Don't worry enlisting is Not contagious

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
OK, I was just having a conversation with a friend near Russia, with mandatory service, which is war, violence and lower frequency crapola. He had a torturous year as a peacerful, meditative individual and is scrambling now to be out of the country, because now that if finally finished, in 3 more years it happens again.

I have 5 boys, and in any country, I would never allow any of them to be in any military service whatsoever, and would make it 100% campaign against every one of them who tried to force, entice or lure.

There is no choice, therefore its 100% evil and wrong. You can't FORCE a Black Gravity Square of the masonic checkerboard duality, you cant FORCE the negative pole on people.

I would never register for WAR, or even its possibitlity. Nor allow my children to.

Stand in the light/white squares. Be peace. Be peace even in hostile times, even if they send a missile, no matter what the circumstances, be loud and assertive in your No's but never HARM.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Don't worry, the Military does not want you or your kids.
If in battle, I think I would rather slap you, lock you in the closet, take your gear then have you beside me fighting.

A mutual understanding.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

OP, do not listen to people telling you to ignore the notice. You have children, no? Unless you want to put them through your arrest, and life as a convicted felon, just fill it out and be done with it.

Or, if you would rather make a statement and be nothing but a pebble in a lake (with barely a ripple), don't fill it out. You can make your protest, but the risk/benefit of that is nil.

I was never drafted, and would not serve in any military. Any freedom you thought you may have had was given away when your footprints were made on your birth certificate.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The draft can absolutely be reinstated for any false flag attack.

If the draft is reinstated:
I will tell them to suck my right testicle. I will never kill for something I don't believe in, and I would never kill for a paycheck. It's blood money.

# the troops. Without them no wars would be possible.

The biggest propaganda I've ever heard is "Against war, but support the troops"

That's a paradoxical and laughable statement.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I graduated from high school in june of 80. I turned 18 in march of 80. I filled out my registration card in my home room one morning a week or so after I turned 18. I remember feeling honored, but apprehensive at the same time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Your a married man with two kids and you didn't know you have to register for selective service at the age of 18?

How did you now know that? I walked in to the post office on my 18th Birthday (1985) and signed up, it is a requirement. I personally have not used public assistance as an adult but I am sure that you are not eligible for any government programs if you are not registered, males anyway. That is why when you applied for aid they checked you for registration.

I am completely against war, at least any war perpetrated by the TPTB anyway but it is a requirement of you being an American. Do they not teach this stuff in school anymore? This is called your civic duty. Like Jury duty (privilege in my opinion) it should be taken seriously.

Is selective service not common knowledge anymore?

link   
Try to embrace and even love your hangman...

As long as the economy sucks and it will continue to suck then this volunteer army will remain loaded with kids who had little or no other economic opportunity... who are wanton to believe that they are fighting for our freedoms...

I believe the US Constitution stipulates no standing army... oh well... they are convinced and have sworn to defend the Constitution yet apparently are not allowed to read it...

I wonder what it is like fighting for a Corporation?

Yeah I know, Socrates was wise yet not wise enough to shut up...

link   
I thought every man was obligated to do that once they were 18 years of age? I know I had to do so when I started college out of high school. I didn't know it was like that either, no one ever said anything till that day. The only way they would make you serve is if there is another draft.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The more i view this website the more i'm concerned about the absolute stupidty of some (most) people. All males on your 18 bithday MUST register for S.S. (for you dumbasses it's Selective Service). Every highschool senior is informed of this..You want to suck off the government tit to go to school? Then you must have an SS number....as the commericals repeat..IT'S THE LAW...it doesn't mean the government is going to draft you, it means they'll have a pool to call upon in case of an emergency....Man some people...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Damek

I don't think being against the war and for the troops is propaganda.

That is exactly how I feel. I am completely against war and I want to support my troops by bringing them home.

Being against the war is a bit of a generality. If invaders came to the US shores I would support my troops and probably join them. I would still be against war but I would be defending myself. I did not go to a war a war came to me, in this situation. Being against the war it would still be necessary for me to participate, for my own survival.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Damek

You are added to "The military does not want you either" list.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
reply to post by Damek

I don't think being against the war and for the troops is propaganda.

That is exactly how I feel. I am completely against war and I want to support my troops by bringing them home.

Being against the war is a bit of a generality. If invaders came to the US shores I would support my troops and probably join them. I would still be against war but I would be defending myself. I did not go to a war a war came to me, in this situation. Being against the war it would still be necessary for me to participate, for my own survival.

I think that it is double speak.
I think that you're a good person. I too would fight to protect my home from invaders, but never for a paycheck. Right now those invaders are the banks and the government who's "tit" we're sucking(that wasn't your quote). I too want them home and I have friends who are in the military. However, I think that anyone who chooses an occupation where they get paid to take life deserves death.

This part is not a reply to you sdocpublishing.

The government is sucking our tits, not the other way around. It exists to preserve our rights, that is all. How do you think the government has any money to gives for student aid? Taxes. And we're sucking the government's tits because we don't want to be drafted? Backwards.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

It's the Law and always has been the Law, too bad it's not the 1960's when we were required to serve our country for at least two years if we didn't enlist and the draft was in effect, it was all about Serving Our Country which it's obvious you don't care to to, saying "I support our troops" is fine but in actuality all that is is lip service. I just loved it when all these National Guardsmen who never did anything but attend summer camp for a week or two, who joined for the sole purpose of Milking the System for a Freebie College Education off the Tax Payer, and were called to active duty by President Bush, man I'll never forget seeing these cry babies on the News...lol

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

you have to register for selective service its the law. america would never go for the draft at this point. they want to keep the wars out of the front of our mind. Just sign up, if you get drafted do like the hippies did and stay in school for 10 years or drop '___' before your physical.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join