It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an App that would instantly upload pics to net with the push of one button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I read this article,
"Miami Beach Police Ordered Videographer At Gunpoint To Hand Over Phone".

It made me think about an app that with the push of one button will take a continuous series of photos or video and constantly upload it to a website after each frame is taken.

The purpose would be to use this phone app in a situation where someone was trying to get to your pics on your phone and destroy evidence.

Imagine you are approached by a stranger and they intend to do you harm. One push of a button and you snap off some pictures even a few frames before they grab your camera and smash it...only they are too late!

The data was instantly uploaded.

Imagine you record cops doing something wrong...before they take your camera, the pics are already being uploaded.

I understand that tech loading times are slow right now and this would be a last resort type app, I can only see it getting faster as time goes on.

When you would sign up for the app you can enter a group of email addresses that your pics would be mailed to automatically once you launched the app.

What do you guys think? Any merit in this?

Link to original article:
www.pixiq.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

as they say, there is an app for that..
DropPhox
www.blogiversity.org...

edit on 3-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

Most newer smart phone already have that build in where you take a picture and two clicks (share/facebook) it goes to your site/page, like facebook. Of course you have to have your site linked to your phone.
But I get what your saying as for a multiple continuous upload of photos where the app automatically does it for a short period of time.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Even if your camera doesn't do that and you cant afford one that does or you just want to use a good pro camera, they sell a little orange SD card that send pics to your computer via wifi and then you can have your computer send them to wherever.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I knew you guys would know it if there was one!

Thanks so much.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So, it looks like I am not the only one who is increasingly seeing the need for an app like this.
Here is an article I came across and discovered two new apps that may be better than the one we talked about.

www.pixiq.com...

Here is a link to the app they describe:

qik.com...

Someone in the comments section stated:

"FYI with Qik, you can setup the the videos to be pushed to YouTube automatically. Why is it important to do that? Because if your phone is suddenly taken from you while filming, the cop would have access to the Qik app which can delete your recently uploaded video off of Qik's servers. But if you have pushed the video to YouTube, the YouTube copy will not be deleted by the Qik app.

To setup the YouTube sharing, log into your Qik account using IE (didn't work on firefox for some reason). Select networks, and add a YouTube account. Next select for all of your published videos to be shared to YouTube automatically. When using the Qik app on your phone, make sure YouTube sharing is enabled in the settings menu. While filming make sure to select the lock icon to make it an opened lock icon. That means your videos will automatically be shared on Qik, but it also means those videos will now be pushed to YouTube as well and out of the reach of anyone that confiscates your phone. "

Here is another program that may even be better than Qik.

bambuser.com...

If anyone signs into these programs and tests them out, please post results.

The sooner we can tell all of our activist friends about such a valuable program the better.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The new iCloud will do that iCloud Photo Stream

With iCloud, when you take a photo on one device, it automatically appears on all your other devices. No syncing. No sending. Your photos are just there. Everywhere you want them.

iCloud stores it New photos are automatically sent to iCloud after you take them or import them

new topics

top topics

join