It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Captured a Bright Glowing Orb on Picture, Immediately Followed by a Camera Malfunction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So I have been debating wether or not to add my experience to ATS, but things seem a little slow around here so I might as well.

So my story goes back to my birthday last year- February 25th. It was a beautiful, sunny day and a warm, clear night. I spent the day with a wonderful lady friend of mine. We went out for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (mmm I can still remember the great food!) After finishing dinner around 9:30PM, we decided to go on a little adventure. We drove around and ended up at a local cemetery. I thought it'd be a cool place to go to, since she gets scared very easily

Because of the fact that it was my birthday, I had my camera on me the whole time. It's a pretty good, semi-professional Canon camera that I bought a few months prior.
While driving and walking through the cemetery, I had the urge to take a bunch of random pictures to see of anything shows up. We were probably in the cemetery for about 20 minutes total before my girlfriend got too many goose bumps and pushed me to leave. I had probably taken a total of 30 random pictures by the time we finally exited. The overall "atmosphere" of the place was very creepy. I didn't hear any noises or anything, but I did have some sort of feeling that I was being watched. Instead of review the pictures right away, I drove home and got settled first.

Here's the good part:
So when I finally get home, I'm flipping through all the pictures, but I don't see anything special other than floating dust orbs and random house city in the background. That is, until I get to about the 25th picture or so. I see this huge bright white orb floating above the grass!! I immediately think that it's something on the grass that must have reflected from my flash. Luckily, I had taken another shot right after this one, at about the same exact position. When I reviewed the other shot, there is absolutely nothing in that area that could have caused the perfect reflecting orb!! That freaked me out. Usually I don't believe in orbs, but this one was sooo bright!

Now here's where the camera malfunction comes into play-
ALL of the dates on my pictures are correctly dated on my birthday -February 25th, 2010, until the very next picture after the orb picture! For some random reason, the date jumps to Feb 27th at 10:04PM even though I literally took the next picture like 3 seconds later. I think the orb had to have caused some sort of electromagnetic interference, because I've never had any other problems with my camera.

Here is a random sampling of the pictures I took that night, just to give you an idea of the place. Nothing out of the ordinary:

Now here is the picture of the orb. Since flash is on, shutter speed was still set at normal. And even though shutter speed was normal, You can still clearly see a slight motion blur. This orb obviously must have been moving pretty fast. You can use the bench as a reference to see that I am holding the camera perfectly still

Close up:

Now here is the picture that was taken literally a few seconds after. Note that there is absolutely nothing on the ground:

Here are the dates. First picture is the picture I took right before the orb shot showing the correct time. The orb picture is also correct time. Picture taken right after is incorrect time/date.

So all in all, I will never know for sure what developed in my picture or caused the coincidental malfunction. I'm glad though to have actual photographic proof, other than just a hearsay story.

P.S. all the bolding and spacing is for anyone who doesn't feel like reading my story and wants to jump to the highlights lol
edit on 6/3/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i only can see one picture with an orb of light, are the other pictures to dark ?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I wrote that all the other pictures were a random sampling, just to give you an idea of the whole place.
Only one picture has the orb

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's a bug, or something falling out of a tree... Nothing to see here folks

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Interesting..thanks for sharing. Looks authentic to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Could it be a bug? It looks like it's in motion.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Nice sized orb! It's pretty dense and appears to be going downward. Looks most like an orb compared to a bug, dust, etc. Did you witness it in other movement?
Possibility that it was trying to manifest bigger, and or different form, killed your cam power in the attempt.
Thanks for sharing

edit on 3-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

In my area we don't really have any big bugs. Plus the size of the actual light ball is pretty big and perfectly spherical. You never know though. The camera malfunction is what gets me

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Nice sized orb! It's pretty dense and appears to be going downward. Looks most like an orb compared to a bug, dust, etc. Did you witness it in other movement?
Possibility that it was trying to manifest bigger, and or different form, killed your cam power in the attempt.
Thanks for sharing

edit on 3-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

That was the only time I captured it on film. I think it was moving way too fast to have caught it again

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well i ran the image through error checking, and what ever it is in in the photo when it was taken not added aterwards.
can you upload the image with the flash in it and the one of the same scene you took with out it so we can view the original data in the EXIF to see what that shows.
you need to upload the originals to an off line site, as ATS images strip the data out.
thanks.

edit on 3-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: typos and spelling.. the matrix made me do it..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I'm not sure if this helps but I uploaded all 29 photos I took that night and put them into it's own album. Are you able to look up their info that way? If not, let me know. I'll be more than happy to try different ways

Here's the album link:

s83.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yep i got the exif data from them
just enter the image url into this site to see the data yourself
www.findexif.com...
but the one with the orb shows a date tag
Date/Time 2010:02:25 09:26:27
and the other of the same shot shows a date tag of
Date/Time 2010:02:27 10:04:01
but yes the dates are two days out if they were taken on the same night.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

Yep i got the exif data from them
just enter the image url into this site to see the data yourself
www.findexif.com...
but the one with the orb shows a date tag
Date/Time 2010:02:25 09:26:27
and the other of the same shot shows a date tag of
Date/Time 2010:02:27 10:04:01
but yes the dates are two days out if they were taken on the same night.

Do you have any idea what could have caused this?
I know I don't have any other way to prove it, but I am being completely honest when I say that these were all taken the same night and at the same time. I'm not some retard just trying to get attention. And I am positive it was Feb 25th because it was my birthday.
The only thing I can think of is electromagnetic interference

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
While I was a journalist on the south coast of South Africa this father and his daughter came in with a photo of a ufo on her cellphone. They reported that directly after they took the pic the cellphone camera went bust. Halfway down the screen the pictures would be cut and inverted and she had to get a new phone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
While I was a journalist on the south coast of South Africa this father and his daughter came in with a photo of a ufo on her cellphone. They reported that directly after they took the pic the cellphone camera went bust. Halfway down the screen the pictures would be cut and inverted and she had to get a new phone. Just as a matter of interest, they followed the white cigar shaped craft to the local beach where the craft searched for something near the lighthouse using a spotlite of its own. The sighting was confirmed by a local fisherman and a police officer. All three reported that there was no engine sounds whatsoever...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No wasnt implying your were lying, ust covering my own backside.
You know how it can get in here

i have no idea what caused it, your guess is as good as mine.
im just staying ahead of the eight ball, as i know others will want the exif data to be sure.
so sorry if you thought i was imlying you didnt know what you were doing.
ust covering the bases early on.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just want to add that images can be easily manipulated . I'm not implying that the OP is misleading anybody, but this took me about 30 seconds in Photoshop

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f032f7c10f3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Very true. I knew some people on here would try to go directly to saying that it's fake or something. Thank you for verifying a few of my facts!

Originally posted by tpg65
I just want to add that images can be easily manipulated . I'm not implying that the OP is misleading anybody, but this took me about 30 seconds in Photoshop

I'm sure it could easily be photoshopped, but that is just simply not the case here.
I'm glad to see that people are thinking about other possibilities though.

To add a little more merit, I still have the original SD card with all original 29 pictures on it in the same order, showing the original date that it was added to the card
edit on 6/3/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Thank you for not taking offence .
I honestly don't know what you have captured . I noticed the shutter speed was1/60 so what ever it is had to be moving pretty fast to create motion blur .

As others have said , could be flash reflection of a fast moving insect .
Thanks for taking the trouble to bring this up

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My geuss that the orb would be using manipulation, but the true "ghost" is hidden", but the camera malfunction it hapens to me to. A year ago i took photo of a forest. I remember that battery was full. All sudden the camera shut and having a low battery. Then i try to upload it to my PC, but the picture all picture i photo dissapeared. Since you photo it at the cementry, maybe some spirits are mad to your camera

new topics

top topics

join