It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Has Divested 97 Percent of Its Holdings in U.S. Treasury Bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

China Has Divested 97 Percent of Its Holdings in U.S. Treasury Bills

cnsnews.com

China has dropped 97 percent of its holdings in U.S. Treasury bills, decreasing its ownership of the short-term U.S. government securities from a peak of $210.4 billion in May 2009 to $5.69 billion in March 2011, the most recent month reported by the U.S. Treasury.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To be 100 % honest I don't know what this will mean to us in the long run, something tells me that this is not good, if a country that has purchased all of our debt is bailing on us, who will follow suit? Something else that comes to mind is what does China know that we don't? Or is this just what everyone has been talking about, the sudden crash of the U.S economy? I need input here as I don't really understand all the ramifications.

cnsnews.com
Link
edit on 3-6-2011 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Already posted here my friend.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
no we all know what is going to happen just everyone seems to try to ignore it .... it will happen and soon enough ... good luck everyone stay safe SHTF is coming hope you doom wishers enjoy it.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I bet that there will be a good raise in worth of silver in next days.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy

To be 100 % honest I don't know what this will mean to us in the long run, something tells me that this is not good, if a country that has purchased all of our debt is bailing on us, who will follow suit? Something else that comes to mind is what does China know that we don't? Or is this just what everyone has been talking about, the sudden crash of the U.S economy? I need input here as I don't really understand all the ramifications.

cnsnews.com
Link
edit on 3-6-2011 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

It pretty much means our dollar is plummeting yet again and this will not do good things for the credit standing of the US in the long run. We will be like someone who can not get a credit card because our credit score is too low and we are a risk.
If anyone was to lend us any then they would probably require something pretty substantial. Now in the world of global chess this might mean we would become someones mercenaries. Which to be honest has actually happened before.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"Short term treasureies". Umm yeah so what? They are divesting those but still buying the long terms.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Which version of "what's going to happen now?" do you want to hear?

Long term or short term?

Short term? Chinese manufacturers are already raising costs of goods to export.
They've been preparing for a while.
ezinearticles.com...

money.cnn.com...

That's just cotton. T Shirts.. Sweaters..Sweatshirts... Underwear..Before Izod and Ralph Lauren print a Logo.

With the change of dollars into new currencies discussed before Obama took office, and was under consideration by many countires under Bush and the Clinton administrations.. some people think they're all under the same world puppet master. (pick a group) So that's that.

Some people think that because Khadaffi wanted to break away from the U.S. dollar as the value for oil exchange rate..as did Saddam Huessein...that's where we try and protect our U.S. business based on the dollar for international trade and kill.

The argument is China is getting tired of paying for our ass to protect the dollar. They want a new international denomination.

There is a LOT of international money at stake here.

One world currency would give some bankers a better playing field. Then we're all chess pieces. Like we are'nt already.

I think the U.S. monetary system will collapse short term. We will lose control in spite of our World "helping" B.S. wars.
It's going to the worldwide bankers..who control the politians.

Long term?. Might be good to the eradicate the expendable, and individual countries sovernty whether you like it or not.

Me? I'm watching short term crap and keeping an eye on my neighbors.

I'm thinking like a banker .

Who is an asset or liability?

My fellow citizens are an asset..not a banknote. I will protect my and my neighbors freedom.

top topics

join