It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Audio Tapes: Retired USAF Officer Confirms Receiving A UFO Report Just as the Nukes Failed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Robert Hastings has graciously allowed us to publish the telephonic interviews with former Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander (DMCCC), Colonel (Ret) Walt Figel. Prior to today, only snippets of the interviews have been published at The UFO Chronicles.

Hear Colonel Figel, "in his own words" confirm UFO activity at Malmstrom Air Force Base’s Echo Flight when ten Minuteman I nuclear missiles malfunctioned!

On March 16, 1967, ten Minuteman I nuclear missiles operated by Malmstrom Air Force Base’s Echo Flight suddenly malfunctioned, one after the other, just as a “large, round object” was reported hovering above one of them—according to retired USAF Col. Walter Figel, one of two launch officers on duty during the incident.

Figel received the startling news while in the missile flight’s underground Launch Control Capsule, during a two-way radio conversation with an Air Force security guard posted at the missile silo in question. Although highly skeptical of the report, then-Lieutenant Figel dispatched two-man Security Alert Teams to the field to investigate. At least one of them confirmed the presence of the UFO.

These astounding admissions were audio-taped, with Col. Figel’s permission, during three of our telephone conversations—in 2008, 2009 and 2010

The rest of the story (and audio interviews) . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sweet find!

There's plenty more retired military folk telling the same tales of UFOs shutting down nuclear missiles. Check out this video, CNN and 3 retired USAF officers and their stories. Apparently whoever is in control of the UFOs don't like us having nukes!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Nice find OP . To you and anybody else who may be interested , read the following .

www.realityuncovered.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ufo's have a well known connection to nuclear weapon storage areas.I personally knew somebody who witnessed events (hovering object) at the Loring afb "wsa" in maine.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Evenin' "T,"

Originally posted by tpg65
Nice find OP .

Thanks; however, I wouldn't call it "a find," as Robert is one of our main contributors at TUFOC. It's an "exclusive."

To you and anybody else who may be interested , read the following .

www.realityuncovered.net...

This current article, as well as the interviews are in part–a rebuttal to all the spin and misinformation going around. I would advise the reader/listener to examine claims by the ideologues and then come back to the evidence; in this instance, the reader/listener can hear it–right from the "horse's mouth" and make up their own minds as to the veracity of UFO activity at Echo Flight in 1967.

Aside from these newly released interviews, the first one with Colonel Figel took place in 1996, and is embedded here (along with others):

The Echo/Oscar Witch Hunt

Interesting to note Figel's "earlier" admissions of UFO activity were much more enthusiastic (his demeanor is much more reserved in later interviews, but the admissions are the same).

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here's Robert's own thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is starting to blow up now but I've read up on this before and the things that are not on the forefront are much much more strange, like the cattle mutilations in the area later during the 70s.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am really interested to see what some resident skeptics have to say about this? Great post Frank. Keep up the good work!!
With all the different pieces of evidence in this case its pretty hard to say this is just some hoax or weather balloon - Maybe, we as people need a bit of guidance as we enter and exist in this 'nuclear stage' of human life and thats why these objects are observing us? The who/what/why questions in this case really can get you thinking...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is always more to the story isn't there.
Politics,money,book deals and self promotion.
If your willing to do your own research you will find that most of these accounts have been heavily sensationalized.This is not to say something may have happened,but to tarnish the truth for ill gotten gain just puts serious research back into the nut department.
Here is a great post by mister.old.school that sums it up.
Seek and you shall find..
edit on 3-6-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
There is always more to the story isn't there.
Politics,money,book deals and self promotion.
If your willing to do your own research you will find that most of these accounts have been heavily sensationalized.
This is not to say something may have happened,but to tarnish the truth for ill gotten gain just puts serious research back into the nut department.
Here is a great post by mister.old.school that sums it up.
Seek and you shall find..
edit on 3-6-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

This audio is pretty compelling and gives better light to the situation....There has been so much mud slinging its hard to see any light to this case, but i just dont think this is all about 'nothing' and something significant did indeed happen...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

The audio may be compelling but there is just to much information out there that contradicts the story.
The question is who do you believe? Who has the most to gain?
I want the truth that's all and would like to believe serious UFO researchers feel the same.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mornin' Ziggy,

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I am really interested to see what some resident skeptics have to say about this? Great post Frank. Keep up the good work!!
With all the different pieces of evidence in this case its pretty hard to say this is just some hoax or weather balloon - Maybe, we as people need a bit of guidance as we enter and exist in this 'nuclear stage' of human life and thats why these objects are observing us? The who/what/why questions in this case really can get you thinking...

Thanks for the kind words.

Since you asked for a skeptical point of view, I'll give you mine, re Echo Flight: it is clear, based on the preponderance of evidence that there was UFO activity during malfunctions of nuclear missiles, which caused them to go into a "no-go" status at the this launch facility (LF). Did the UFO "cause" this and or was this an intentional act? The answer is–"there is enough data currently to make this determination."

That said, if one expands the focus of UFO-nuke related activity, not only is there an undeniable "pattern," or modus operandi re nuke weapons facilities, which goes back to the very beginning of what we call "modern day Ufology," but the PTB was aware of it and troubled by the ramifications.

As was noted in an article penned by Robert Moskin, in Whatever It Is The Air Force Must-Hunt For The Flying Saucer (7-1-1952):

". . . sightings were pinpointed on a map. . . . a Pentagon representative . . . noted that a number of concentrations duplicated exactly the area of atomic energy installations."

Finally, you will be hard-pressed to find "true" skeptical views on this specific incident (or the UFO-Nuke connection in toto for that matter); however, there is an abundance of ideologues toting their party-lines, the evidence be damned!

Cheers,
Frank.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Good Day FF,

The audio may be compelling but there is just to much information out there that contradicts the story.
The question is who do you believe? Who has the most to gain?
I want the truth that's all and would like to believe serious UFO researchers feel the same.

In my view it's prudent to take "belief" out of the equation, ignore the spin and evaluate the evidence, and come to your own conclusions.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well the article you linked to was from Aug 2010, seems to be written by James Carlson himself (which is a bit bias) & asks for further proof of the conversation/interview happening w/ Figel & Hastings, which has been provided in the OP.

The question is who do you believe?

I believe something substantial happened. Substantial enough that people risked their reputations and possibly lives by telling others of what they've witnessed. Exactly what was seen I cant be 100% sure of - It is hard to argue against this actually happening with all the documents and witness testimony we have citing similar incidents.

Who has the most to gain?

I think whats more important is who has more to 'lose' than 'gain' in this situation. It doesnt seem logical that these witnesses would just make this up and continue w/ the hoax 50 some yrs later so publically.Yeah, maybe a little book money and donations could come in but also a life of ridicule as I mentioned above. And if this situation genuinely happened is it wrong to publish a book about what you've experienced and make a little profit?

I want the truth that's all and would like to believe serious UFO researchers feel the same

Well I think there has been an obvious attempt to spread falsehoods, lies, and misrepresentations about this case in an attempt to confuse and bury any of the 'truth' you talk about wanting. Not to mention we are dealing with witnesses who are getting rather old so it really isnt that suprising they may have a fuzzy memory and said some incorrect things .

edit on 6/4/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The possibility of off world intelligences manipulating Nukes sites around the world is very plausible for some important reasons below, if you where a intelligence from out side earth and had a reason to be interested in a species would you not considered or act for the reasons below;

1;Off world intelligences could be highly concerned at our capabilities of our ability of global annihilation of our species;

2;The shutting down of missile sites ect could be a sign of "look what can do" if needed;

3; Manipulation or interference of missile sites ect could also serve as a "yes we are watching you" and yes your perceptions or guessing about other intelligences in your or other galaxy's or solar systems is correct by our revealing of our selfs to the people who would understand the magnitude of these interferences in these manipulations of your missile sites;

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is a thorough document of the area's report into a 3 year investigation to the strange phenomena (UFOs, cattle mutilations, and strange black helicopters), remember the main subject is very real and just part of a wide spread phenomena through the whole area of Cascade county in the 70s. It's by NIDS, which as been debated as being a disinformation instrument here. I believe it, because they spoke of information that doesn't fit to me, however some stats are recorded. The helicopters sighted either were invisible and had sound or were visible and had no sound, and the UFOS were pulsating bright lights that flew down to the fields, then flew back up adjoining with a large UFO (same exact thing the CO. Elbert and Logan county witnessed in the same years of the major US cattle mutilation phenomena).

www.noufors.com...

edit on 4-6-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
The possibility of off world intelligences manipulating Nukes sites around the world is very plausible for some important reasons below, if you where a intelligence from out side earth and had a reason to be interested in a species would you not considered or act for the reasons below;

1;Off world intelligences could be highly concerned at our capabilities of our ability of global annihilation of our species;

2;The shutting down of missile sites ect could be a sign of "look what can do" if needed;

3; Manipulation or interference of missile sites ect could also serve as a "yes we are watching you" and yes your perceptions or guessing about other intelligences in your or other galaxy's or solar systems is correct by our revealing of our selfs to the people who would understand the magnitude of these interferences in these manipulations of your missile sites;

Funny, actual communication from ET would have served any such strategic "message" much more effectively. If they're trying to send us a message, they've been doing an extraordinarily piss poor job of it . So much so that I don't believe there is any such intent.

In fact, if there actually are any ETs coming here, they appear to have a policy of avoiding open communication while they do whatever they are here to do.

My conclusion is that if there ever was ET monitoring nuclear weaponry it was for ETs purposes and benefit and not ours.
edit on 5-6-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I dont think that ET would have any interest in whether Humans blew themselves up or not.

They could do that themselves if they wanted to..

I think their interest is in Man taking this dirty energy into space, and affecting "Their" interests.

eg, Apollo 13 being "Disabled" because they took a nuclear seismic device to the Moon. The Koldasians didnt like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
As I was brought up in a military family, I had always believed that u f o's being discussed by big brass military personnel was hard evidence not to be ignored. These are highly intelligent men with reputations within their military circles and family members. They are not emotive individuals that would say something that wasn't correct in their experience of what they saw. They are very aware of how to correctly make reports and with every analysis and input being strictly accounted for. So the nuke incident has been correctly documented.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Cutting to the Chase:

James Carlson writes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
“The only people who were at Echo-Flight on March 16, 1967, and therefore the only people who can assert any possible authority for the event, were Walt Figel and my father, who was in charge. And both deny the presence of UFOs at Echo-Flight.”

What retired Col. Walt Figel actually says:

www.theufochronicles.com...
(This links to my “Echo/Oscar Witch Hunt” article. Scroll down and use the audio-link to the taped telephone conversation Figel had with former missile launch officer Bob Salas in 1996, which was the first time Figel had spoken about a UFO presence during the Echo Flight missile shutdown event since its occurrence in 1967.)

“[On the date of the Echo Flight incident we already had teams out in the field] because they were doing maintenance on, I don’t know, the guidance cans or something, and the maintenance crews were staying [overnight] and there was security and maintenance on-site on both, uh, on two of the ten sites.”

“Then when the first [missile] went down, and I talked to the security out there, they reported this UFO hovering over the site. I said, ‘Yeah, right. What have you guys been drinking out there?’ And we [sent] Strike Teams to both of the sites that had been occupied.”

“These Strike Teams—I didn’t tell them what we had heard [about the UFO]—you know, via the LF radio, and I told them to go get within a mile of the site there and call back in on the VHF (Very High Frequency telephone). And they both reported that we had two maintenance crews, two security troops on-site, and two Strike Teams all reporting it...”

(Later in the conversation, Figel more or less repeats himself.)

“Well, I [reportedly] had them hovering over the sites, you know, and I said, ‘Right, I’m not a believer in that crap!’ And that was reported on the secure line, and I told those guys to make no transmissions and, when the Strike Teams got out there—they were on VHF back to me—and they had no idea in the world what I even told them to look for, and they reported them [too].”

END OF TAPED EXCERPT

So, James, Col. Walt Figel did indeed report a UFO presence at Echo Flight—the very first time he spoke about it, after being told to never discuss it, by his squadron commander, decades earlier. (According to Figel, your father was told the same thing.) If you can't even get this basic, crucial fact correct, why should anyone bother reading the rest of your claims and, ahem, informed observations?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Hastings

Nice to see you here Robert. What is the latest Mr. Carlson said about this audio?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join