It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dead Birds. With a Twist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
So...after seeing these birds for days now in their exact locations, I went over there to see if animal control was on the scene. Most of the birds are gone. Apparently someone else noticed them and decided to pick them up. Maybe I should have done the same thing, but in any event, only two remain in the initial location. haha. Animal Control guy is gonna be mad that he got called over there for two baby birds. Oh well.

And I am still convinced there is something to this...

Well, if the evidence continues to disappear there will never be any confirmation either way.

If you are 'convinced' there is something to this, i'd recommend gathering the remaining evidence and DOING something about it. IF you are concerned about touching it, use gloves, a shovel and a plastic bag. seal it in a bag and store it in your freezer.

Or continue to post about how 'convinced' you are while your potential evidence disappears.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I went ahead and called a veterinarian clinic to see what they thought should be done and they directed me to the local animal control officers. So I called them and there is apparently only one on duty today. I'll just have to see if I can catch him when he comes to pick them up so I can get some follow-up on the issue.

What do you think animal control is going to do to test your theory?
You need to show some initiative if you are as concerned as you claim to be. Animal Control will do nothing more than dispose of these animals, at best.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godweed
reply to post by LightAssassin

that's what I was just asking my husband... would it make sense that it was the radiation killing the babies, this also being the reason that other animals and insects are staying away from the bodies.

we were just talking about the fact that we're not seeing near the number of deer we normally do. I've been driving the same highway almost daily for over 3 years and don't see even 1/10 the deer I used to. the same goes for coyotes and foxes; in particular, I haven't seen a single fox in ages. going to watch and see if there are so many gophers around now that it's warmed up.

I have noticed quite the opposite but very strange behavior in the local wildlife. First off, my son had a horrible accident a few years ago that has left him dependant on 24/7 care, paid nursing is sometimes unreliable so I spend all of my time at home looking out the windows. I live in the country and in the summer I take him outside as much as possible so I spend alot of time just looking off at the surrounding hills and valley. I have lived here for about 5 1/2 years and the last six weeks or so I have noticed an unprecedented amount of nocturnal animals during all daylight hours. on three occasions I have seen fox. two coyotes, several skunks and more raccoon than I can count. I also used to get Hummingbirds, up to eleven at the feeders at once, all day long. Last year I didn't see any and this year I have two. I also cannot attract goldfinches although I have a thistle filled pasture 30 yards out my backdoor and I put up feeders.

The hummingbird thing ticks me off, I love em. I live in SW Wisconsin, hunted a lot when I was a kid and latley I've just been puzzled by the local woodland creatures.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And what more is a person to do? If the local vet directs you to the animal control department and they are just gonna dispose of them there isn't much more you can do. I guess a person could pay to send them off to be tested, but I'm pretty sure that would cost more money than I have at my disposal. Of course if you would like to pay for the birds to be tested I could mail you some dead birds. Other than that there isn't much more to be done.

Your attitude kinda sucks, by the way.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That is odd. The only thing I can say that I've noticed is that robins around my house were acting strange. These were young birds who probably just left the nest. They seemed confused and just kept peeking at the ground (street) flying low as if they were drunk. This was a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And what more is a person to do? If the local vet directs you to the animal control department and they are just gonna dispose of them there isn't much more you can do. I guess a person could pay to send them off to be tested, but I'm pretty sure that would cost more money than I have at my disposal. Of course if you would like to pay for the birds to be tested I could mail you some dead birds. Other than that there isn't much more to be done.

Yes, it will take EFFORT on your part to find the definitive answers you say you are 'convinced' are there.No one will hold your hand and do it for you. Generally, when people are as concerned as you claim to be, they take some initiative. I'm sure there are plenty on this site who would contribute to a pay pal account to -reimburse you for any lost expenses. I certainly would.

I get that you think that. I think it's unfortunate that you think someone challenging you to SEEK TRUTH 'kinda sucks', but' that's up to you.

I'm beginning to think you aren't interested in finding out the answer. In the time you've spent posting here you could have actually come up with some answers. Oh well. You got flags and stars instead!

edit on 4-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Perhaps this Wikileaks video may hold the clue to the dead bird phenomenon. If there are any such metal towers or cell phone towers, HAARP antennae, radio towers, in your area, the baby birds may have got "microwaved" and shrunk in size

www.youtube.com...
youtube.com/watch?v=5B2t68yoYy8
WIKILEAKS UFO FOOTAGE THAT WAS BANNED FROM THE PUBLIC EYE!!
See distressed dozens of birds on top left at 25-35 sec fall virtically down after an explosion at 35 sec when the dead bird falls just after the white car passes
See hundreds of birds suspended in mid air round a metal radio tower before being sucked to the top and thrown out in all directions

www.cellphonetaskforce.org... Dr Arthur Firstenberg
cellphonetaskforce.org
The harmful effects of electromagnetic waves on our heath
www.youtube.com...
youtube.com/watch?v=q6Sr27YULog

Iraq & Microwave Weapons PT 1 of 3
Iraqi civilians shrunk in size from 6 ft to 3ft - see at 4min

The baby birds are unpallatble due to the EM radiation (become like rubber)!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I get that you think that. I think it's unfortunate that you think someone challenging you to SEEK TRUTH 'kinda sucks', but' that's up to you.....

....In the time you've spent posting here you could have actually come up with some answers. Oh well. You got flags and stars instead!

He reported, others are noticing. That is more that most people to begin with. His notice allowed others to establish a pattern - also good for more investigation by others. Contacted a vet and animal control - more effort than most for a few dead birds. And started the inquiry here - that is a good reason for a star and a flag.

He may not have the funds or the time to comandeer the research to find the cause. He did notify a large group of people that may include people (maybe like you???) that have the big bucks to pay for the testing and the extra time to meet with authorities.

And the OP is correct in your responses being extraordinarily snippy. At least they came out that way.

Of course I may be snippy, because you could be sincere and willing to take up the cause. So I extend my apologies beforehand for the misunderstanding. Post a mailing address and I have a dead bird I can send you. Local health department won't take it since (1 - there is only one, and 2 - it was damaged by an external force [my dog]). So I can only watch it rot. Or spend my mortgage money on independent tests. I will have to stick with the rot option.
edit on 4-6-2011 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with a Tornado !

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Originally posted by lakesidepark
what do robins eat?

I saw somewhere today (maybe here or USA Today, I'll look if some else doesn't find it) something about an earthworm plague somewhere in the midwest or northeast center.....
Here is a link to one of the news articles about the worms Earthworm Plague

I haven't made it all the way through this thread yet, so someone else may have already mentioned this. Is there a possibility that the worms were running from something underground and perhaps poisoned by whatever was making them run? Like...chemicals released by a natural event. And then maybe the birds are feeding their young the poisoned worms, as you have suggested. The article pegs mating season as the cause of this event, so I wonder if this is a usual occurance...??? I am just thinking out loud.

At any rate, it is very disturbing that these dead baby birds are not entering the natural food chain once they hit the ground.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hydrocarbons released by natural gas wells. This is what is killing the birds.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Listen bud, I never once said I am going to make sure this thing was "solved"...I was merely reporting a story that I believe to have uncovered local to me. I did exactly as an above poster stated. I alerted the local authorities and documented it on ATS.

You know, it must suck to be bitter all the time. Dying bitter would be the worst way to go out, I think.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by demonseed

your saying nobody wants anything to do with them yet they are decomposing, aka something is eating them.

Are you serious?
or just playing stupid?

Little newsflash for you...
Just because something decomposes does not mean it's being eaten by another animal.
wtf kinda thinking is that?

Anything organic will decompose.. no need for any other creature to come along and eat from it.
doh! Dont be a tard.

Putting aside all your incredibly rude name calling (Which might be better directed back at yourself), even a periphery understanding of decomposition would dictate the understanding that decomposition is a process of living things eating a dead/dying thing.

One can differentiate abiotic and biotic decomposition or biodegradation. The former one means "degradation of a substance by chemical or physical processes, eg hydrolysis)[1]. The latter one means "the metabolic breakdown of materials into simpler components by living organisms"[2], typically by microorganisms.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Listen bud, I never once said I am going to make sure this thing was "solved"...I was merely reporting a story that I believe to have uncovered local to me. I did exactly as an above poster stated. I alerted the local authorities and documented it on ATS.

You know, it must suck to be bitter all the time. Dying bitter would be the worst way to go out, I think.

I'm sorry that you need to characterize me as being 'bitter' because I am encouraging you to actually confirm your strong suspicions with some sort of lab testing.

I would think someone as concerned as you have repeatedly claimed to be would be interested in getting to the bottom of this, instead of spending time attacking myself for encouraging such action.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Anything organic will decompose.. no need for any other creature to come along and eat from it.
doh! Dont be a tard.

#1 Your remark was rude and immature, if I had been a moderator I would have removed and taken points off your mean language.

#2 Anything that dies, if it is not diseased, radiated or something else seriously wrong with it would naturally be eaten by either crows, cats or some other animal...............the fact that no animal would touch dead birds means something is probably very wrong.

Someone should really take some of these dead birds for testing and not to the CDC, I don't trust our government. For all we know, they may be experimenting with a new virus or something.

It is natural for a few baby birds to be found in this manner, but for the numbers that are just now starting to crop up, something is up.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Someone should really take some of these dead birds for testing and not to the CDC, I don't trust our government. For all we know, they may be experimenting with a new virus or something.

Agreed. That has been suggested several times but is only met with derision and personal attacks from the OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Someone on ATS must have contacts to get these tests done.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can't believe this news is actually news when it happens this time of year. If feathered friends haven't dropped out of the sky in masses it can't be because of electro magnetism, radiation or solar flares. Without evidence of egg shells you can't determine if the shells were defective due to environmental facters like poor nutrition. These birds appear to be under developed. They couldn't get out of the shell let alone the nest on their own.
I am partly surprised ufos aren't to blame. Apparently they emmit radiation and are involved in animal mutilation. what makes it more humorous is that someone cleaned up the evidence
I don't think it costs you to have this investigated if there was something to investigate. What do your neighbors think? If they are concerned you could call the local police or go to a city council meeting and express your concerns. Most of the posters on this site can't help you. Even if I were in your hood I wouldn't stop by for a looksee.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by munshi

dude, why even link that youtube video here...it's an obvious 'short film'...not even worthy of any type of discusion in this thread..so again why did you link something like that here?!
that's really a 'wikileaks' video?

sorta makes a mockery of the OP opening observations..

unless you are trying to make a point with a movie clip.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join