It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ governor : family earning 5317$ a year is too rich for medicaid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Amaterasu

Considering that many of Us can't even get a FIRST job, this is ridiculous. Sure, if a job happens along, and if They are physically capable, and They have no obligations that preclude it, that might be a solution. What do They do when no job comes along?

the facts are many american think they are too good for some jobs never in 25 years could i never find a job never

There may be some - likely, even, but the highest percentage goes to those who now can't find jobs - and some, like Me, are limited further - by being unable to stand for more than 1/2 hour, in My case. BTW, when was the last time You looked for a job?

and when one job wasnt enought i picked up a second job for the extra cash 15 hours days.

Awesome. When was the last time You looked for a job?

You are rather ignorant of how things really are out in the real world, it would seem. Medicaid is for people who cannot find enough - or any - work in this crazy economy.

since you beleive that which is incorrect it is now federal law to have health insurance and since that law passed they they should be paying medicaid themselves not someone else.

Awesome again...with what money?

for someone just trying to get by they now have a gun to their head being forced to buy what the "cant afford".

What? "Here, here's some money. There, We took most of it away for medicaid." Doesn't matter if You can't LIVE on what's left.

whats this we crap the government did and the governemnt created the situtation not me.

Uh, yeah, but Your "solution" makes no sense.

Hahaha! With what MONEY?

yeah ask all those people who are now forced to buy insurance where they are suppose to get that money and agian i didnt pass that healthcare law.

But You are the one saying the people on services should be paying for Their insurance. And that makes no sense. Why give money to take it right back, number one, and what expectation would We then have of actually doing what the point of services was to begin with - helping people to survive.

i have upset alot of people in this thread dont really much care all i have done is posted some words on the stupidity of govenrment.

Well, I'm with You on THAT score, that the government is stupid. And evil.

i am not obama or our elected officials who have screwed the people over.

No, but You propose solutions which are not solutions.

the ignorance is this thread when people do not understand the root causes o the problems in this country

and that is our government.

Well, its the people who are abusing Their positions IN the government, not the government, per se. But I see Your point.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I have to say, I'm impressed with the way Gov. Haley has taken charge of trying to better the Medicaid system in S.C. The article you pointed out did reflect the fiscal reality at the time; however, when more money became available, Haley supported the S.C. House when they restored Medicaid funding a couple of months later. She even went against powerful members of the Senate - from her OWN party who wanted to cut an additional $200 million from the state's threadbare Medicaid program.

State Sen. Tom Davis, R-Beaufort, pushed again Tuesday to trim the budget, arguing for a $200 million cut in the state’s Medicaid program. That money, Davis said, was equal to the deficit that the health care agency for the poor and disabled ran in its current budget year.

Haley has bipartisan support when it comes to making the kinds of changes I proposed in my own thread on Medicare and Medicaid reform.

Some lawmakers are backing a measure that would make it more likely physicians will prescribe cheaper alternative drugs or generics. The Senate approved the measure Thursday.

“There are other drugs that doctors should consider prescribing,” said Republican state Sen. Kevin Bryant, an Anderson pharmacist. “We’ve got three (drug) manufacturers milking South Carolina, making lots of money off three drugs. It needs to end. We have to be responsible to the taxpayers who are funding Medicaid.” Read more: www.thestate.com...

I'll say it again: While the Medicaid program in South Carolina is FAR from perfect, at least Governor Haley is doing her damnedest to make sure that the poor and disabled are getting the most bang for the buck, and she has bipartisan support on the issue. I'm really hopeful that South Carolina will lead the way in reforming these needed programs, so that they don't have to be cut across the board. I'm sorry, but I don't think the same can be said of New Jersey.

edit on 6/5/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join