It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons of Life ~ After 50 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Everyone is responsible for there own condition, to say otherwise is irresponsible.
reply to post by princeguy

Respectfully disagree. To make it clearer, while I do agree that one does have some influence upon how external factors affect, and continue to impact one's life, I think what is irresponsible is maintaining that victims of mental illness be blamed for their inability to overcome such illness. Easy for you to say. Flippant and shallow assessment IMO.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

I guess I should have said that with exceptions, If someone has a true mental condition that prevents them from normal thought processes than, yes, they cannot change that. But, I speak from more experience that you could know, I have seen the struggles, and I have seen successes and failure. And while it pains me that this is how the world turns, I maintain my position that we are the captains of our own vessel.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is beautiful. Forgive me for not adding more as everything is basically said.

Star and flagged.
Trying to live by them rules and wished that everyone did.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The reality is that life isn't always rainbows and lollipops and no matter how hard some may try, they will not have that positive sunshiny attitude. No one knows the limits of another persons emotional or physical struggles. To simply say that it's all on how you look at it, is rather lame.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I fully agree that life is never exactly the way you want it, and that everyone will go thru stretches in life that test them. By being the captain of your own vessel I mean that only we can control the outcome, I would never expect some one to be chipper going thru something horrible, but it is up to the person how they will come out of the situation in the end. Life is not rainbows, but we write the end to every chapter.
edit on 4-6-2011 by princeguy because: spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

For some, life takes too much out of them and they are forever changed. They no longer have the strength to bounce back again and again and again. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think my mother should read this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join