It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE AMERICAN DREAM - Anytime!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Those who know me know I'm fundamentally un-american, I am however a citizen of this country none the less (and Canada too, I have both nations citizenship's I'm half Quebecois). I was brought up thinking I was going to be an astronaut, I somehow even went to space camp, then later in life I thought I'd be a rapper, and now I'm just broke and thinking how to survive. Some people around my area finally came up with a great idea for people like me and I wanted to share it with you all, because strangely enough, it is the most American thing I have ever seen if America were defined as what they say they are, let me explain.

My city is very poor and crime infested. No one has money and those who do sell drugs and murder. However, recently I've been seeing some people actually trying to make a difference and succeeding... in business!

The business is called, Anytime. It is just an old pick up truck with Anytime painted on the side and a phone number. Anytime 24/7, if you want something done, call their number and if the price is right, they'll do it. I see these guys fixing tires, moving furniture, you name it, they're doing it... and making money.

For once in my last I actually feel nostalgic about something American. Guess it's because it's 63 day on my calendar. I wish these guys the best of luck and wouldn't be surprised if one day they're millionaires. Will post a pic if I can get one.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PURPLEMAN

Bonjour! Good luck man, it's work like this that makes the world go round.

What you want, when you want it and no corporate rubbish.

As long as you don't have to transport bodies it's a great line of work and keeps the average citizen happy.

Bon Courage mon amis.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am actually going self employed with just such a business model. I plan to have fully transitioned in less than 5 months from now. You cannot trust others to provide your income anymore. Most companies are just untrustworthy imo. Best to work for yourself. If you have pride in yourself, and show pride in your work, you will do well. That is my new philosophy anyway. Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Awesome concept.

Makes me think I should do the same, start my own anytime business.

top topics

join