It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet 90-95% of you don't know who Paul Revere was or What he did to become Famous...Sarah Palin Kn

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Kitilani

Check out the Urban Dictionary.

It is there to enlighten you (I needed a second line ).

If you cannot explain your own words for yourself, you should probably not use them. I am starting to understand your infatuation with Palin a little better now. Or maybe you cannot say here because of the T & C, whereas you should have not brought it up in the first place then?

I don't know why anyone would post something they themselves cannot explain.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

Well if current history hasn't taught you that what happens in the States affects others YOU need to study more history. If this was Myanmar, well no big deal. But our economy and society is directly affected by your government. So, please, get off your soapbox.

Yeah, and so many executive decisions revolve around the POTUS' snap knowledge of Paul Revere. It's extremely important to our Canuck neighbors, I realize that. We need them to malign our citizens if they slip up over these *very* important factoids.

Damn, dude. How about instead of attacking everyone for bashing Palin, you just defend Palin. Make Palin look good. Show us why we should not look at her in a negative light. Palin made herself look bad. Now you are making Palin fans look like they have no way to defend Palin. Think that is helping?

Huh? Where did I attack anyone? You're a sensitive type of guy, aren't you?

And I'm not here to make Palin look good in your eyes. Your mind is already made up, and if I know liberals, nothing will change it. Besides, I couldn't care less about how you feel about her, or me.

Funny, you never mentioned that in this thread. Sarah Palin Is about to become the GOP Lead Candidate for POTUS ! Whole thread full of Americans talking about how Palin is leading in the polls for POTUS. You really need to chill out.

And you need to get a life with more to look forward to each day than attacking a little woman that scares the daylights out of you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It looks like Sarah learned some valuable lessons from 2008. First of all, controlling who she talks to. In 2008, she was shanghaied by her GOP 'handlers'. Instead of priming her with friendly media, they threw this trusting, naive novice to Katie Couric and Charles Gibson. They did it intentionally, because they knew the election was lost before it started, and they needed a sacrificial lamb to pin it on. Sarah, being the honest person that she is, never saw it coming. She was more surprised than Caesar was.

Also, I would think that as long as she has this contract with FOX, she cannot declare. But that is jmo. So that's a clue for all you Sarah haters to watch out for, CJ.

She can declare anytime she likes, and get out of her contract. If you ever watch FOX, you would hear that. I am more interested in the above part. Are you actually saying that Palin looked bad in 2008, not because of anything she said or did, but because her handlers tossed her blindly into questions like "What do you read?" For real?

So what value does Palin have at all? She can only do what her handles tell her to do and if they send her in the wrong direction, she fails? That is some defense. Can't wait to vote for that.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If you cannot explain your own words for yourself, you should probably not use them. I am starting to understand your infatuation with Palin a little better now. Or maybe you cannot say here because of the T & C, whereas you should have not brought it up in the first place then?

I don't know why anyone would post something they themselves cannot explain.

I'm not your daddy. I'm not going to explain everything to you. I'm not to blame for your lack of education. Learn to use the internet for more than bashing little women.

My infatuation with Palin? Why?? What have you heard??
That blowup doll I have is for biology class...yeah, that's it, biology class.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think Sarah is more hated then Rush Limbaugh.

I almost wish she gets elected as President. Thousands of people would run from their houses, pulling their hair out, screaming and foaming at the mouth.

Honestly, you Palin haters are pathetic. She isn't even running for President and already speaking as if she is. I don't like the lady either, but damn, you guys take it to a whole other level.

Truly pathetic.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

I do not believe for a moment she is ever going to run again but you are mocking the wrong people. Palin haters are not the ones donating to Sarahpac. So do explain why people are sending her money? To help her sell her book? To go on vacation? Palin supporters are supporting Palin by sending her money for her political action committee. If they do not think she is going to run for something, what the hell are they doing?

Sorry, Palin supporters think she is running more than anyone else so you need to stop with that excuse.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm not your daddy. I'm not going to explain everything to you. I'm not to blame for your lack of education. Learn to use the internet for more than bashing little women.

So you don't know what you are talking about? Sorry to hear that. You seem far more emotionally invested in this than I care to get.

My infatuation with Palin? Why?? What have you heard??
That blowup doll I have is for biology class...yeah, that's it, biology class.

What have I heard?

This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
and
This
in just the last 6 pages.

I am sure that taking your words in their full context is some kind of liberal media trick but I am glad to hear you are still in school.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't need to stop anything. I'm a grown ass man and do not take orders from a punk behind a keyboard.

Now, I'm glad we got that out of the way.

So what if people send her donations, its their money. You Palin haters have taken political mudslinging to a whole other level and like it or not.

It is Pathetic.

Its even more pathetic that you use the "but they're doing it too" excuse.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am not overly concerned that she didn't know the bio of P.R....surely any american knows at least the small stuff (the british are coming...)

But what I find concerning is that she didn't even take a half second to do a quick google...you don't have to know everything, but you should know where to get a quick reference should you be lacking and knowledge is relevant.

If she has presidential ambitions, she has to realize, its not about knowing everything...its about knowing where to find intel...come on Sarah...take a few moments to think. your making your own base a bit nervous.

It's not that she should have done a quick Google search, it's that her advance team should have prepared her for a site visit by ensuring that she knew the answers to simple questions that she was very likely to be asked.

If this is how her advisers run, they're no better than her. This woman needs the best advisers in the business to give her all the help she needs (which is a lot) and she clearly doesn't have the best people working for her.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

I don't need to stop anything. I'm a grown ass man and do not take orders from a punk behind a keyboard.

Now, I'm glad we got that out of the way.

So what if people send her donations, its their money. You Palin haters have taken political mudslinging to a whole other level and like it or not.

I did not say I had a problem with it. I asked you why they would do it if it were not to support her politically. I guess you do not have an answer. You just have angry words. Garrrrrrr. Smash keys good!

It is Pathetic.

Its even more pathetic that you use the "but they're doing it too" excuse.

It really is pathetic that I asked you why people are sending money to her PAC if they do not think she is running and this is what I got in response.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Mrs Plain (pun intended) can most certainly declare while she is under contract to FOX News.

However, FOX should have stopped her contract by now, as she is getting a free sounding board and FOX could be seen as unfairly trying to influence the election and not giving other candidates (even Republicans) equal airtime, which is a basic requirement of all news networks.

Of course, FOX went to court to prove that they were NOT a real news network and that they did NOT have to abide by normal rules of journalism, such as pesky things like the TRUTH.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
No, the "average" American would not be able to cite historical facts or fables on cue, in front of a camera. However, Sarah Palin isn't an "average" American, she's a cooked celebrity with political ambitions on becoming leadership in the United States of America.

It's kind of important that they be knowledgeable. Ignorance and stupidity is not 'cute', and it is not a trait one should desire if they have such high ambitions.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Huh? Where did I attack anyone? You're a sensitive type of guy, aren't you?

My uterus makes me that way.

And I'm not here to make Palin look good in your eyes. Your mind is already made up, and if I know liberals, nothing will change it. Besides, I couldn't care less about how you feel about her, or me.

I am a liberal?

So you are just here to growl and snarl at people who do not agree with you about Palin? What are all your posts about in this thread? If they are not supporting Palin and they are not attacking other posters, what have you been posting?

And you need to get a life with more to look forward to each day than attacking a little woman that scares the daylights out of you.

So I point out that you are wrong and you respond by telling me to get a life. My little sister uses that too. She takes biology too. She is 13. Maybe when you calm down we can have a nice little chat.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Not only that but
I guess I am just stuck on the fact that that is where she was going. If I had a news crew following me to the birthplace of Joeseph Shmoeregaurd, I would at least google the guy before the cameras went on because I would assume some of he questions just might relate to the event I am attending, that in invited to media to watch me do.

People act like NBC broke into her house in the middle of the night, shoved a camera in her face and gave her a quiz. She was asked if she knew anything about the place she was making sure everyone knew she was going to see.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

However, Sarah Palin isn't an "average" American, she's a cooked celebrity with political ambitions on becoming leadership in the United States of America.

This part is bad enough. Our politicians should be experts on Civics, and History, and Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension, etc. It is pretty obvious that Bush wasn't a scholar, and Obama seems to only be concerned with the Saul Alinsky style of reading, but you said something that is even more sad.....

No, the "average" American would not be able to cite historical facts or fables on cue, in front of a camera.

That is the saddest part!! Why not? Why shouldn't we expect every single graduating senior to be able to cite historical facts and/or fables on cue? If we don't know our history we are doomed to repeat it. How can we be raising voters that don't have a clue what they are voting for? How can we expect young adults to respect and support the country when they don't know what defines the country?

The primary education system in the US is disgusting!! We continually lower and lower and lower the standards so that more kids can get through the system. WHY???? We should be RAISING the expectations! We have so many more educational tools at our disposal these days. Kids are starting school sooner. Television and Cartoons are educational now. Leapfrog and video games are now educational. Classrooms are technological and interactive. Why are we allowing the kids to get less of an education out of their time with all of these "advancements?"

Dam.....now I'm just mad. I have a 4 year old, that will enter Pre-Kindergarten this fall, and he is already doing addition and subtraction and sounding out words. In 2 years, when he enters 1st grade, he will already be ahead of some of the Middle-schoolers!! It is becoming clear that I will have to continue to push his education at home if he is going to get one.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well I specifically said, on cue and "on camera". Huge difference. A lot of media or pseudo-journalists like to exploit this in people. I've clammed up on camera before, I was able to get across what I needed to say, but there would be no way I could have recited historical facts. I'm intelligent otherwise, and that would make me your average everyday person.

Difference being, I'm not riding a bus around the United States, being coy about running for president or vice. There is nothing humble or 'average' about Sarah Palin.
edit on 6-6-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
well if your going to run for the POTUS you should know your facts not make stuff up and say your right right?? www.abovetopsecret.com... for her first one was "I can see Russia from my back door" wrong!!! now we have this???? and she still say she is right????, wrong give it up SP go back and learn US history US geography!!!!!!! Now as far as the argument goes that he, Paul, was stopped by the British, and detained by them, what was said to be said is not always the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Those words wasn't spoken in anger. I don't get angry from words on a screen, those words are just the way it is.

I don't think I need to justify them sending money to her. It is their money and I don't think I have to justify what people do with their money. If they want to send their money to the KKK then that is their buisness. I don't have to agree with it.

Their decision to spend money on someone doesn't excuse the fact that you Palin haters are disgusting in the way you degrade her. She isn't even running for the nomination and you Palin haters can't stop bashing her. You guys haven't been able to stop bashing her since she was nominated for Vice.

Hell Obama misspoke on camera about how many states he visited while campaining and nobody batted an eye. Yet when Palin, who isn't even running, says something wrong about a person who is only famous because of urban myths you guys jump on her like a pack of wild dogs.

That is why I find you guys pathetic.

Even though I would never vote for her, I can't help but hope a little that she wins. The reason for my hoping is selfish. I just want her to win so that I can see you Palin haters lose your minds. I imagine ATS would be full of voter fraud and Palin becoming a dictator threads. Just like we saw with W.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
if she would only read, www.u-s-history.com... from the link

Dawes initially appeared to have escaped his pursuers, but was thrown from his horse and captured. Paul Revere was taken prisoner and during his interrogation deliberately provided greatly inflated numbers of militiamen awaiting the British at Concord.

During the ride back to Lexington, Revere and his captors heard shots fire and church bells ring throughout the area — events that gave some credence to Revere’s report of colonial preparations. Fearing for their safety, the British released Revere, but took the precaution of giving him a tired horse to slow his return to Lexington.

Paul Revere later joined Hancock and Adams on their retreat into the countryside, but made a frantic return to a Lexington tavern where Hancock had inadvertently left some valuable papers. As dawn broke, Revere departed from the town with the valuable documents in hand and rode past militiamen in the process of assembling. A short time later he could hear shots and see smoke in the distance, the opening round in the struggle for independence.
Paul cold have said"Surrender to me and i will see to your safety" or "Go meat your fate, for you are out numbered" mind you this is just one, an d one sides account we do not have the Brits account of what took place.
edit on 6-6-2011 by bekod because: text addition

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
follow shall the

I think team circle and team square are funny

See team circle has placed their member on team squares side to cause team squares influence to seem odd aLL why team circle is loln at their teamate on team square side. SO she knows whats she is doing and geting PAID doing it the Irony

Now where the H*** is team um hex lol

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join