It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have facebook, you'll appreciate this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
(Unless of course, you're one of "them"... ***I shutter***)

Am I alone in the fact that I really don't care what pretend "fluffy rodent" you adopted, found, or ran over with your imaginary mower? I don't care how well your fictitious crops are growing, how much monopoly money you won on your virtual slot machines, or how many people are in your mob. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, no matter how many times you ask... I will not join your pretend mafia, be on your cyber racing team, or share in the joy of adopting pixilated animals with you. I won’t be your neighbor, sit in front of a fake slot machine, or start a kiddy cafe with you! 

Maybe, and it’s a big maybe... If you are interested in doing any of those things in real life, I might be interested in joining you. Until then, stop asking, stop sharing, and if you’re going to brag... You might want it to be about something you achieved, I don’t know? IN REAL LIFE!!!  

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Standing ovation for you sir. Well said!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I get annoyed by it too, I'm purely on there as a way of communication between friends rather than "my farm is bigger than yours etc"

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I really think you will enjoy this then

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
will you plow some fields for me friend

or maybe water some flowers guy

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Dude, seriously huh! Preach it, man. I was so disgusted with facebook that I got rid of mine. I talked my wife into getting rid of hers also.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Someone just answered a question about you.
You have new answers to unlock.

Virtual people for a virtual world.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I haven't looked at Facebook in probably over two months. I use it only for family anyways, everybody who know's me know's this. For randomness well that's what Twitter is for.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
people used to harass me for not having a facebook/myspace etc.. It never interested me to have an account. It sounds like I didn't miss much. These virtual things mentioned I assume are games you would play? I guess I'm just too paranoid, but the idea of volunteering volumes of personal stuff to be forever floating around is just a huge turn off.

I've often wondered if someone who is driven enough could simply pour over someone's posts and compile a dossier that could be used against that person somehow. I read here every day and see people who offer up their info willingly, some to the point of begging to be read and I have to shake my head. Some guy started a thread here recently who asked for readers to describe their survival stock piles as a way of comparing or bragging, what I saw was a huge invite for somebody to squirrel that info away to be a possible resource. There are others who show off their gun collection, and some who want others to know that they are anonymous. These threads here on ATS are posted by people who generally are guarded as a rule, I cannot imagine what is shared hourly on facebook.

It would appear that I am in a tiny minority in these thoughts.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i too have a facebook account..i use it to keep track of family and friends..i dont play games and block those invitations or i would have nothing but farmville requests yes you can block them!!

new topics

top topics

join