It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iranian made Tanks and APCs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yes, America needs help so bad! Our economy is in shambles and we can't even beat Iraq.

That's just ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by persian

Does it have Thermal Imaging

Any modern tank should have Thermal Imaging and heat seeking and other stuff otherwise it would just be a iron box ready to get blown up. I mean cmom when Iran is making stealth fighter dont you think it can make a decent tank?

I dont understand why they just dont buy Soviet tanks. The newer T series tanks are quite good Main Battle Tanks the russians have had alot more experience making tanks and Im sure they would sell to Iran.

Soviet offered to sell their T-92s to Iran last year but Iran refused. I am guessing Zolfaghar 4 would be as good as T92s thats why they refused.

Wow if Iran has made a Tank that is better then the T-92 thats quite impressive. The russians T-92s are pretty dam good tanks. Have they exported the Zolfaghar 4 to ant other countries?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcane
Yes, America needs help so bad! Our economy is in shambles and we can't even beat Iraq.

That's just ridiculous!

Welcome to ats subcane. Feel free to introduce yourself in the introductions forum at www.belowtopsecret.com. The tutorial and faq at the top of the page will help answer most of your questions.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
T-92??? What is that? I never heard of any T-92!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Who's saying anything about the US attacking the middle east. After repeated failed attempts in both Afghanistan and Iraq, $38 trillion deficit, and a large number of unreported casualties: The US isn't going to war for a while. Another war could cripple the economy and the space program.

Really failed attempts? Afghanistan is having elections in January and we rooted out the Taliban in 1 month. Iraq we beat their army in 3 weeks and they will also hold elections in January the only problem in iraq is security nothing else. And buddy 38 trillion in debt? You must be on some good weed
The unreported casualties care to provide a link, or any thing back up your claim or do you just open your mouth and spew out propaganda

[edit on 7-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
T-92??? What is that? I never heard of any T-92!

its a russian tank

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Who's saying anything about the US attacking the middle east. After repeated failed attempts in both Afghanistan and Iraq, $38 trillion deficit, and a large number of unreported casualties: The US isn't going to war for a while. Another war could cripple the economy and the space program.

Really? Afghanistan is having elections in January and we rooted out the Taliban in 1 month. Iraq we beat their army in 3 weeks and they will also hold elections in January the only problem in iraq is security noting else. And buddy 38 trillion in debt? You must be on some good weed
The unreported casualties care to provide a link, or any thing back up your claim or do you just open your mouth and spew out propaganda

the iraqi army didnt really fight against the americans,most surrendered or fled,who would want to fight for saddam?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
nice pics and fine story about "oriental" iranian weapons.it's interesting that iran is developing own technology but in any kind of confrontation with US/Israel it could be only a target for US/Israeli weapons.

sorry persian,you can be proud of your country and army but you have no chance in any war with your "real" enemies.your army could fight only with your neighbours and that is purpose of this development. don't even think about anything else

from another topic - iraqi army tried to fight in first war with US.results weren't impressive
so now they weren't stupid
))

[edit on 7-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

the iraqi army didnt really fight against the americans,most surrendered or fled,who would want to fight for saddam?

I guess thats true they were smart and surrendered. The only ones that fought or wanted to fight were the high members of the Bath party who had everything to loose and nothing to gain. The soldiers that surrendered are now part of the new Iraqi army.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca
nice pics and fine story about "oriental" iranian weapons.it's interesting that iran is developing own technology but in any kind of confrontation with US/Israel it could be only a target for US/Israeli weapons.

sorry persian,you can be proud of your country and army but you have no chance in any war with your "real" enemies.your army could fight only with your neighbours and that is purpose of this development. don't even think about anything else

from another topic - iraqi army tried to fight in first war with US.results weren't impressive
so now they weren't stupid
))

[edit on 7-8-2004 by gattaca]

My friend, dont compare Iran today with Iraq. Remember when Saddam launched the attack against Iran in 1981; he had the fifth largest army in the world. Unlike Arabs, Iranians are brave and will fight.

Of course I am completely agreed with you about US much stronger than Iran but that doesnt mean you can invade Iran and if you do its not gonna be a cake walk like Iraq. Iraq war was a joke.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by persian]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

My friend, don?t compare Iran today with Iraq. Remember when Saddam launched the attack against Iran in 1981; he had the fifth largest army in the world. Unlike Arabs, Iranians are brave and will fight.

Of course I am completely agreed with you about US much stronger than Iran but that doesn?t mean you can invade Iran and if you do its not gonna be a cake walk like Iraq. Iraq war was a joke.

hmm - I depends on situation.In first phase of this theoretical war US will launch fierce airstrike.You can't defeat their air firepower.After this phase your airforce and heavy units and industry etc gonna be destroyed.If they invade you can't stand against them in open battlefield.Your tanks and UAVs will not help you.So your country will fall very quickly in that theoretical war.

And there will be another phase which can be really difficult for americans.Big cities..

you will be able to defend your big cities only if americans dno't use their real firepower and if they won't attacks on the massive scale.So I mean if they will attack in "humanitarian" way.If they would choose another option (full attack) your cities gonna be destroyed and hundreds of thousends will die.Your army will be shattered.

the last phase - Occupation. Because of terrain and anti-american feelings among all iranians there will be a lot fights with insurgency - what could be decastating for the country.

So there will be no second and third phase in this theoretical war.If there will be any kind of war americans will attack from air and will destroy any units in open ground.After that they will sign some kind of ceasefire.Your leaders after this time will understood that the cannot win this war and americans understand that any kind of occupation will be devastating both to you and them.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would go with the option use our air superiority and our naval firepower(cruise missiles) to bomb the living crap out of Iran's nuclear facilities and its factories and every tank helicopter or military unit in sight including underground bases. Then we would in invade Iran form two fronts Afghanistan and Iraq, Iran will not be able to fight 2 fronts or maybe more at the same time. Since the borders with Iraq and Afghanistan are large the US can put as many ground troops as we want.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca

My friend, don?t compare Iran today with Iraq. Remember when Saddam launched the attack against Iran in 1981; he had the fifth largest army in the world. Unlike Arabs, Iranians are brave and will fight.

Of course I am completely agreed with you about US much stronger than Iran but that doesn?t mean you can invade Iran and if you do its not gonna be a cake walk like Iraq. Iraq war was a joke.

hmm - I depends on situation.In first phase of this theoretical war US will launch fierce airstrike.You can't defeat their air firepower.After this phase your airforce and heavy units and industry etc gonna be destroyed.If they invade you can't stand against them in open battlefield.Your tanks and UAVs will not help you.So your country will fall very quickly in that theoretical war.

And there will be another phase which can be really difficult for americans.Big cities..

you will be able to defend your big cities only if americans dno't use their real firepower and if they won't attacks on the massive scale.So I mean if they will attack in "humanitarian" way.If they would choose another option (full attack) your cities gonna be destroyed and hundreds of thousends will die.Your army will be shattered.

the last phase - Occupation because of terrain and anti-american feelings among all iranians will be devastating for the country.

So there will be no second and third phase in this theoretical war.If there will be any kind of war americans will attack from air and will destroy any units in open ground.After that they will sign some kind of ceasefire.Your leaders after this time will understood that the cannot win this war and americans understand that any kind of occupation will be devastating both to you and them.

Hmm I dont know what do you smoking man but you better quite it. Its damaging your brain.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What exactly do you think seperates Iraq during the Gulf War to Iran of today...?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Wow if Iran has made a Tank that is better then the T-92 thats quite impressive. The russians T-92s are pretty dam good tanks. Have they exported the Zolfaghar 4 to ant other countries?

I hope we're not talking about this??

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Nope not that hunk of junk I think I mixed up T-92 with T-90. I was talking about their new exported tank design. My bad

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Damn that tank is messed up the gun cant even stay up under its own power

Originally posted by persian
Hmm I dont know what do you smoking man but you better quite it. Its damaging your brain.

Persian if you think that what gattaca wrote is stupid or BS. Your the one with the damaged brain. Do you think Iran is a country that is invulnerable to invasion? If you think that you need to leave a doctors appointment.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ShadowXIX Sorry, couldn't help it. Had to comment it

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hmm I don?t know what do you smoking man but you better quite it. Its damaging your brain.

it's true,I don't care if you belive it or not.This is scenario of any hipotetical war with US.How can you use your UAVs and tanks against them?? Your country will be bombed from afghanistan,iraq.American fleet will launch deadly attacks from sea.Your units won't be able to "take a fight".Your airpower will be eliminated after first day.With so great air superiority your land forces will be only targets for them.How can you fight with them??? Where???

The second and third phase is connected with some loses among american forces.And this is reason why americans won't occupy your country.Of course they can do it in another way.Destroy your army,take your oilfields and wait....How many people live in teheran??How long their survive when americans will cut any kind of transport to the city???

I would go with the option use our air superiority and our naval firepower(cruise missiles) to bomb the living crap out of Iran's nuclear facilities and its factories and every tank helicopter or military unit in sight including underground bases. Then we would in invade Iran form two fronts Afghanistan and Iraq, Iran will not be able to fight 2 fronts or maybe more at the same time. Since the borders with Iraq and Afghanistan are large the US can put as many ground troops as we want.

Iran will not be able to defend any invasion from one front.This is question only about of time.Their country will fall very quickly when US will ivade from 2 fronts.All this campaign I suppose would be very similiar to first war with Saddam.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface
ShadowXIX Sorry, couldn't help it. Had to comment it

No need to say sorry I hate when I mix stuff up like that. Thanks for the Info Clownface
Good job finding that picture that is one of the most haggered looking tanks I have ever seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join