It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City Police Shoot Alligator . . . Well, It Looked Like An Alligator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4daceac1d550.jpg[/atsimg]

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Police responding to a rare alligator sighting in suburban Kansas City took quick action to dispatch of the beast, shooting it in the head, as instructed, while it lurked menacingly in the weeds leading down to a pond.

It wasn't until a second rifle shot bounced off the reptile's head that the officers realized they had mortally wounded a concrete lawn ornament.
Link to full story

I just found this hilarious!
Our trigger happy law enforcement agents couldn't just walk up to it and poke it with a stick?!?
And then it took 2 shots for them to figure out. . . . Oh! Duh, it's not real.

Well, I feel much safer now knowing the police are out there to protect and serve us, as they have proven they can time and time again.
And if anyone has a neighbor who annoyingly puts all this stuff in their front yard.
Never fear!
Just call 911 and tell them a small man in a red pointy hat with a long white beard is trying to break into a house!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9878bc83c5c8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hear this happens a lot in the USA.

Except they mistake criminals for civilians!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
LOL! Some cops are [snip] stupid!

What's next? Shooting zombies?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38edfb5081bf.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on Fri Jun 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Have you ever encountered an alligator?

If so you would know that you don't just walk up to it and poke it with a stick. It's a good way to become lunch. Secondly if this model startled the officer and he shot at it, he did the right thing...Even though it was a fake.

Things like this happen.

Gratuitous cops bashing....:shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Afterwards, when he was asked by the sheriff why he shot at an alligator (that was way to North to survive in the wild and no one ever saw one in the wild around that area before) I wonder if he said "But Andy......" (in a Barney Fife voice)
edit on 3-6-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sorry, my ex is a cop and if he did this I would LMFAO!
He would never hear the end of it.

And yes, I have been around crocs, caiman and alligators before. I would have no issue poking this 3-4 ft model with a stick, such as a broomstick.

I'd be more afraid of certain dog breeds!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Most Gators are pretty harmless out of the water. They have a deep growl that would send chills down your spine if you get too close. This one had an attitude and came back and splashed me with her tail for spoiling her tanning session.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56570d2782a7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
We should put concrete border patrol agents alongside the border in the areas that are not manned.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How could a "lawn ornament" move around menacingly in the weeds? I don't get it...
If I didn't hear any sounds, and it was stiff as a stick, I woulda thrown a rock or something to check if "it" was alive.
But then again, I don't have a glock handy...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That’s pretty funny, I had a good laugh, but I don’t think I would walk up to no gator and poke it with a stick….nope .

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
From that angle it doesn't even look like an alligator. Looks more crockish to me, maybe a cayman?

new topics

top topics

join