It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion at Russian military base closes oil pipeline..28 000 people were evacuated.(Vedio)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

A massive blaze ignites munitions at an arms depot in Russia closing one of the pipelines of Russia's largest crude producer.

Flames ripped through the military complex near the city of Izhevsk, 750 miles east of Moscow, on Friday causing the evacuation 28,000 residents.
The fire killed two people and injured at least 45 according to Russian media reports.

Russian pipeline owner Transneft said that it was not receiving the 161,000 barrels of oil that it usually gets each day from the region. Video posted on a social media website purportedly shows the complex on fire with lit ammunition shooting into the sky like fireworks amid large fireballs.
Russian agencies reported that the base stored 10,000 tonnes of shells and ammunition, equivalent in power to about 58,000 tonnes of TNT.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

At least 28 000 people were evacuated from their homes on Friday as fires raged around a military weapons depot in Russia.
Tonnes of artillery shells and rockets are stored at the base near the town of Izhevsk, 1,200 kilometres east of Moscow. Fifty-two people are reported injured. There are 10,000 to 150,000 tonnes of ordnance at the site, according to press reports.
The fire broke out yesterday evening. Russian authorities say the situation is now under control.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
does anybody know if there were nuclear materials
stored at this site ???

those appear to be small rockets

and that is a huge area from that distance.

sounds like sabotage to me.

Chechen Rebels come to mind.

An Egyptian pipeline was attacked
in the Sinai when they were having
riots in Egypt. That pipeline carried
about 20% of Israel's oil import.

My point being, that maybe they used the
ammo dump to destroy the pipeline which
would make it either sabotage or a terrorist
attack depending on ur point of view.

edit on 6/3/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes that is a scary thought, and what came to my mind was winter before last when Russia withheld the gas pipelines into other parts of Europe during one of the worst weather related periods in recent history.

Could this be related to intense price increases this year?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Yes that is a scary thought, and what came to my mind was winter before last when Russia withheld the gas pipelines into other parts of Europe during one of the worst weather related periods in recent history.
Could this be related to intense price increases this year?

it's possible, but I don't know if
Russia sells it's oil in US Dollars
or in Rubles or maybe some
other currency.

I guess the inflation ratio
depends on the currency traded
or sold in.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Oh no I didnt mean that, according to ATS info Russia and China no longer base their oil on USD, not certain on that but yeah.

What I meant was *bad memory* but Year before last Russia was withholding or threatening to withhold gas during a peak winter season, so I am thinking perhaps this is one way to create a reason or cause for an increase this year.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

looks like old-fashioned un-guided rockets shooting off in all directions...

the whole place is engulfed...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There is another video of it with a great big boom!

Now THAT looked like a nuke!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey! Why was the OP banned?

I looked back at his posts and I didn't see him or her as anything but smart and articulate.

I find this odd.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

That blast did'nt have a big flash, normally associated with a nuclear detonation...

but it was a big one...

top topics

join