It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAD BLOOD: Hemophila, AIDS and Hepatitis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is a new documentary out on PBS entitled:

"Bad Blood: A Cautionary Tale"

I just watched it, it charts the history of the Hemophilia and tainted blood products issue.

Has anyone else caught it or do you have a link for the video?

Here's a trailer:

www.youtube.com...

For those of you not in the "know", Hemophila is a blood clotting disorder requiring infusions of clotting factor to stop internal bleeds. This factor did not become available until 1965 and each dose requires the blood of 2000+ people. Until the early 90's human blood was pooled untested, untreated before creating the factor and the pooling process essentially insured that all factor products were tainted with both AIDS and Hepatitis. Many if not most of the hemophiliacs that lived during the AIDS and Hepatitis epidemic are now dead.

On the "conspiracy" level there was a 7 year period from roughly 1983 until 1990 when industry knew the blood was tainted, governments knew the blood was tainted, there were methods available to do something about it... yet products remained on the market and 400,000 worldwide were infected with AIDS. When companies were told they could not sell the "pooled" contaminated products in the US, they simply shipped them overseas where there were no such regulations, knowing full well they were about to infect people with AIDS. Little was understood about AIDS at the time and it may have been that those involved believed they were doing the "best they could" for their patients; and certainly the best for their "bottom line".

Here's an article from 1988 to give you some perspective:

www.nytimes.com...

Before 1965 your options as a hemophiliac were limited to blood transfusions or "cryo" which were very lifestyle invasive treatments with limited results. Before 1950 you had no options; you died before you hit 20 years old while your parents watched.

Currently hemophiliacs have access to heat treated, detergent treated, or monoclonal antibody purified human based factor products or face the alternative (which most now choose) of using genetically modified hamster blood. Hemophiliac life expectancy (in developed nations) now rivals healthy individuals. 70% of hemophiliacs worldwide still do not have access to clotting factor and face the same mortality and morbidity levels as those who lived before 1950.

Google Image Results: "Joint Bleed Hemophila"

thanks for reading,

Sri Oracle

ps thanks for the embed trailer silo, sorry I don't have a feature length clip.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Do you have a link you could add? Maybe to the broadcast?
It sounds like an interesting listen.
I live in an area where Hep C is epidemic. Why? The dentists here don't believe in autoclaves.
GRRR!
But again, list a link and I'd be more than happy to watch the documentary and comment.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Edit to Add:

I found a trailer here. I hope you can give us a full length link!

peace
edit on 3-6-2011 by silo13 because: link

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Correction you cannot infect ANYONE with AIDS. You cannot pass AIDS on to ANYONE. You cannot catch AIDS from ANYONE. AIDS is not a disease. It is a syndrome - it's right in the damn name. It is a ground of mainly 27 illnesses(most of which are a form of CANCER) that develop in HIV positive AND negative people.

I see you are spreading the same kind of Disinformation this BBC documentary is about the AIDS 'disease', but then again, is that really surprising to see?....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Found a link for the website,still looking for the whole documentary.

Link-badblooddocumentary.com...

Regards to all

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
Correction you cannot infect ANYONE with AIDS.

I see you are spreading the same kind of Disinformation this BBC documentary is about the AIDS 'disease', but then again, is that really surprising to see?....

Very well... sorry to ruffle your feathers. We are indeed talking about blood products tainted with HIV; not AIDS, the syndrome which follows the viral infection. If a mod would so kindly revise my OP to reflect the error.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
Found a link for the website,still looking for the whole documentary.

I don't know that its out there yet. Here's the PBS website you can buy the DVD from:

www.shoppbs.org...

I've even scanned torrentz... nothing ripped yet.

For those interested in this subject matter, there was also a documentary about Arkansas prison system profiting from the sale of tainted prisoner blood:

www.factor8movie.com...

Sri Oracle
edit on 3-6-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

You get a star for saying smart things. I know exactly how you feel, its frustrating.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
On the "conspiracy" level there was a 7 year period from roughly 1983 until 1990 when industry knew the blood was tainted, governments knew the blood was tainted, there were methods available to do something about it... yet products remained on the market and 400,000 worldwide were infected with AIDS. When companies were told they could not sell the "pooled" contaminated products in the US, they simply shipped them overseas where there were no such regulations, knowing full well they were about to infect people with AIDS.

The conspiracy against hemophiliacs actually goes back over 70 years to WWII. During that time IG Farben, a pharmaceutical company (known as Bayer today) was executing hemophiliacs in concentration camps in Germany. Because hemophilia is a genetic disorder and the blood clotting gene is on the X- chromosome, Eugenicists working for IG Farben under Hitler's regime was intentionally executing hemophiliacs in their genetic war.

After WWII, IG Farben was split into 3 companies and all three companies have reunited into the same conglomeration that they were during WWII - under the name of Bayer. The way that Bayer used to make their hemophilia blood clotting product is that they would take blood from 100 Africans and mix it together in one batch to extract the blood clotting product needed for hemophiliacs. Yes, Bayer was aware of HIV in Africa, but they specifically used blood from African donors and they always mixed the blood together in batches of 100 donors or more.

The hemophiliacs in the United States and Japan were among the first to sue. But Bayer kept the product on the market intentionally. It wasn't under after years of the lawsuit in court that a Judge finally ordered their product (made in the most unsafe way) off the market. I believe the year was 1997 when the judge issued the order.

en.wikipedia.org...
Wikipedia entry on Contaminated Hemophilia Blood Products with years of lawsuits

After Bayer was ordered to not sell the product in the United States, they continued to very purposefully sell it to SouthEast Asia and South America. By that point, it was undeniably intentional genocide against hemophiliacs in 3rd world countries.

Taiwan was the first to launch their lawsuits around 2003. Yes, Bayer specifically did it on purpose. They took blood from hundreds of Africans and mixed it together to form their product. U.S. and Japan judges ordered the product off the market in those countries. But Bayer and its Eugenicists purposefully sold the banned product to hemophiliacs in SouthEast Asia and South America.

www.cbgnetwork.org...
Article on Taiwan Hemophiliacs lawsuit

new topics

top topics

join