It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Draws Line in the Sand with Republicans - Will Not Extend Bush Tax Cuts

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

its the modern day version of it.

strong fittest and stupid are accurate descriptions of the things that go on in this country.

No. It is not. You merely dont know what 'darwinism' means, and are now engaging in some epic double speak to try and avoid admitting to such a mis-speak.
edit on 4-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your "posts" have EVERYTHING to do about you and you know it....just like mine have to do with me. These are your opinions are they not?

You have called half the country lazy, corrupt, parasites.

This has everything to do with you and what you believe. You are RADICAL IDEOLOGUE. Survival of the fittest? F em all?

Why even have any kind of country with this kind of belief? Why don't you find an island somewhere where you are king and you can have everything just how you want it. No governments...just you eating cocunuts chatting with your pal Wilson.

Cripes...just quit leaving your house. We're all out to get you Neo.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you don't support a democratic form of government, then what do you support?

Free Markets? Using an unrealistically idealistic economic system to replace government?

They tried that, it is called communism, and that is what you support.

Dude, you are the one who doesn't have a clue. You think you are supporting economic freedom, but what you are supporting is a system where corporations will dictate everything in your life, as they already do. You are a slave, preaching for the rights of your masters, and you don't even know it. Most likely you are one of the guys running around handing out lashes with the whip, thinking you are better, but the reality is that you are just one of the slaves.

With our current productivity levels, we should all be working 20 hour weeks in the system, and spending the rest of the time raising our children, or developing new innovations.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A curious thing I've noticed here is that you've assumed a couple of erroneous things in your argument, Neo.

First, decentralizing power is only acheivable in a democracy if every member of that democracy is represented.

That is what our country has been trying to do since its inception.

Secondly, personal freedom is only as good insofar as your freedom does not infringe on the freedom of others.

And the GOP is not a personal freedom party, far from it. (Anti-abortion, war on drugs, anti-immigration, etc.)

And Finally, you seem to have a very cynical outlook on our country, which is sad.

Even with all the turmoil we are going through, our country will survive and eventually thrive.

If the dollar crashes, and America goes bust, we still have some of the most creative, empathetic, caring people in the world.

Don't lose sight of our potential for greatness, which has nothing to do with who lives in the white house.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's not raising taxes, it's simply putting back to the levels they were paying pre-recession.
The Bush tax cuts were supposed to help the wealthy and business owners create jobs. We all saw how that worked, didn't we? They just sat on the money while the rest of us crashed and burned.

However, there's a smarter way to go about it. The income limit for the taxes should be raised to $2,000,000 after expenses or so. That way small farmers and most small business owners won't have the tax reinstated.

I heard two local businessmen arguing about Obama wanting the Bush tax cuts gone. Both, as far as I know, are republicans. One is a member of our city council. There was a back and forth and finally the first man said, "We need those tax cuts so we can create jobs." To which our councilman replied, "Gee, Billy, how many people have you hired in the past year?" Dead silence, no answer. I feel that is the state of things across the board. If the guy was truly worried about jobs and helping out his fellow man, then he would have used his tax breaks to create at least one job, but he didn't. He sat on the money.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i dont give a ratts behind what anyone thinks on here or what they say

people are free to make their own choice on whatever they want to beleive.

what i do not well try not to do is not to make the poster the topic of the thread.

pretty smiple i guess some people cant wrap there little minds around that fact.

my pal wilson ?

did you even bother reading?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

i thought that was pretty obvious that i support a republic with protections for everyone and everything to a degree that is not expanding to a massive government entity.

free markets i do support but since we do not have one how the hell does anyone in this country even know what they look like.

as to the rest blah blah blah

your boring me now.

asta la vista
edit on 4-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

what i do not well try not to do is not to make the poster the topic of the thread.

Well, then stop doing it

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

try reading the thread

i didnt start that stupidity

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

First, decentralizing power is only acheivable in a democracy if every member of that democracy is represented.

Great point. By trying to reduce our representative government, what the elites are trying to do, is take away the power of the people to have any say over economic policies.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's probably be posted already in this thread, but when has Obama EVER drawn a line in the sand that he has kept?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
It's probably be posted already in this thread, but when has Obama EVER drawn a line in the sand that he has kept?

It's true. He capitulates to the Right far too often. But, then again, it's not like any of his fellow Democrats in Congress are actually doing anything to help him draw lines and stick to them.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

free markets i do support but since we do not have one how the hell does anyone in this country even know what they look like.

That is what the communists say about communism.

By trying to establish these unrealistic ideologies, what you wind up with is an extremely totalitarian government, which is the direction all the free market preaching politicians have taken us.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

But why would the Republicans keep trying to pretend that taxes are the cause of the recession? Is it because they represent the top 5% who dont wanna pay their taxes?

It is because they are on the payroll of those that do make the top 5%. They get gifts and bonuses, business perks and connections etc.... long story short - they're paid to support the rich and the corporate.

Khar

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

But why would the Republicans keep trying to pretend that taxes are the cause of the recession? Is it because they represent the top 5% who dont wanna pay their taxes?

It is because they are on the payroll of those that do make the top 5%. They get gifts and bonuses, business perks and connections etc.... long story short - they're paid to support the rich and the corporate.

Khar

Oh know, brother. You are wrong. The Republicans are defenders of the Liberties and teh Freedom! They want to deregulate industry not because that would make industry more money, but because industries and peoples too and those peoples want to be Free!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

Scare tactics, BS, bogus reasoning?

Prove me wrong. Or continue with the generalized insults.

Which ever.

I'm not sure why you think you've been so enlightening. All you have done is confirm that, yes, through terrible policies enacted over the last 30 years or so, the American public now has almost no bargaining power against corporations and the super wealthy. We now have almost no choice but to do whatever they want and make it easier and easier for them to profit off of us because they hold all the cards. Do you offer any helpful alternatives or just offer pointless cynicism?

Seeing as you are a member of the tea party, you probably think that reducing oversight by the government and further decreasing regulation of the private sector will solve all of our problems, when in fact its what got us into this mess.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
He is about 2 years late doing it. If he had opposed them from the start and sent them packing for all the abuses of the Bush years we would probably not be entering a double dip recession. The democrats had SUCH an opportunity to really stomp the republicans and instead they have been totally complacent. I cant wait for a 3rd party. I think a lot of Dems and republicans will jump ship in droves. We definitely need another choice besides the two we have.

edit on 4-6-2011 by openminded2011 because: changed content

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Link: Obama's Jobs Recession

In recent weeks, a whole bunch of new economic stats have been pointing to a sputtering economy -- maybe even an inflation-prone, less-than-2-percent-growth recession. Stocks have dropped five straight weeks, as they look toward slower growth, jobs and profits out to year end. And Friday's jobs report didn't buck these trends.

Link: The Obama Economy

The Obama administration is 0-for-3 in meeting economic expectations. In 2009, President Obama and his advisers believed the bountiful stimulus package would give the economy a strong jolt. It didn’t, and still hasn’t. In 2010, Obama declared Recovery Summer and predicted a surge in employment. The economy lost 283,000 jobs over the summer. This year, Obama expected a significant ratcheting up of jobs and growth. There’s been a ratcheting down

If you did a little more research, Obama and Democrats also do not have a jobs plan.

Regardless about what his drones think, the reality is that Obama does not have a clue.

I am not a Republican, Conservative, nor Tea-Bagger.

I am an undeclared voter seeking some logical stability. Where the hell is it?

Link: Measures of Labor Underutilization

9.1% - U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force.

15.8% - U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force.

15.8% Unemployed/Underemployed?

Obama is lying about the recovery. All those people who had to reduce their hours and pay did not get a raise in hours or pay. Obama is lying.

Obama has no clue. Instead of focusing his efforts on tax cuts, he should be focusing on fixing the job cuts. Wait! Was his plan to give everyone a jobs cut?

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Deleted post.

this is no longer worth my time.
edit on 4-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How is it that out of the last 34 years, 24 of those have been GOP led and everyone conveniently forgets that very salient fact?

If I can be unique and recall what was going on three years ago, I seem to remember that it was a Republican that took a budget surplus and turned it into the largest deficit that this country has ever been in.

Anyone care to comment?

He deserves two terms just so he can actually work on some of his own ideas, instead of trying to fix the historic mess he inherited from the previous catastrophe.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join