It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one get banned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
How is the word "troll" defined in terms of Message Boards?

A troll is somebody who "trolls" / "stalks" the threads to see if anybody has replied to her/his post... Keeping tabs is trolling...At least by my definition.

Do warnings have time limits -- in other words, do they go away after a certain period of time -- or are they permanant?

Yes, 72 hrs / warn.......

...Hmmm, so I'm not the only one who's had problems with donguillermo. My biggest concern is that he/she frequently asks moderators to close threads that he/she doesn't like. That's censorship!

Nope, many people have problems with HIM... .. Indeed it is censorship but what else do you expect from an extreme leftist?? It's typical, the double standard will always exist...
Just look at Kerry's free speech zone at the dnc, that spoke much louder then his bs words did... As long as you share the same viewpoints with them, it's ok, if not, then their outrageous, outlandish comments that deserve an apology or better yet, censorship... It's typical...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Um, a few thoughts.

Firstly, a troll is typically a member who just posts inflammatory or offensive material in the aim of getting a big response.

Secondly, continuing to bash members in threads that they have nothing to do with isn't the most mature thing to do.

Thirdly, please don't bring that political garbage into our beautiful pristine Board Questions forum.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I wasn't trying to bash; my apologizes. I just have a strong view concerning censorship, that's all.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It all boils down to " What would Skippy Do?" If you can keep a straight face go ahead.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Since I has been a member of ATS I have no problem (beside a shaky start) with the forums even the heated ones, name calling offensive language and bashing I see it as part of the nature of people, you get to know who are who this way and can either ignore or become one of them.

I find this amusing for some reason and I do enjoy the debates, Just do not lose your temper and everything be fine.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Can I just say that we get a lot of mature posters here (mature in thinking I suspect) BECAUSE of our very tough policy on abuse. In one of the recent intro's a poster said it was the reason they joined.

We also seem to get a growing number of women as members, typically boards like this are strongly male dominated (female wrestling mods not withstanding of course). The more "friendly" and "respectfull" nature of the community leads to a more welcoming atmospehere.
here we have netchicken the great! the most mature mod on ats

[edit on 8/7/2004 by machinegunjordan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join