It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one get banned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was just wondering this because i was looking at the members thing and some of them were banned and i was just wondering how exactly or what it would take to get banned from ATS?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Trolling....being a complete ass....breaking the rules....threats....attempting to "hack" the boards....just be a good person

Oh yeah...5 warns...

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Spamming, posting links to xxx related sites, and directly insulting a specific member. Posting incorrect information, posting threads on illegal practices, etc.
Getting 3 warns may also get you a suspension. Insulting a moderator may also get you banned.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Kaiser, these guys have pretty much covered it, basically its for extreme or repeated breaches of the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use. Or sometimes very new members are banned when it becomes apparent they are blatantly spamming the board to advertise something or other. This problems seems to grow as ATS grows.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm about a 5 min bus ride from getting suspended I'm assuming...

Note: If someone is baiting you then going to to mods to complain about you, just shut up... It's not worth it... I got two warnings for addressing someone as dung... Although it was funny to me, the other person was just outraged...
Getting political here, but that's your typical liberal...

Point being, just keep your mouth shut and take Kano's advice, take a good long look at Mr.Skippy... He's a pretty funny dude...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I got two warnings for addressing someone as dung...

Ouch TrueLies - lol - that stinks....

Yeah....clear example of why it's also important to try and know or at least guess the culture of the person who you are about to verbally castrate....calling someone something in your cultural boundaries may cross over into different meanings when they read it....think before you type - I got a warning my first day at ATS - havn't had one since - just be sure to carry a big stick if you think you can duke it out with someone in a factual arguement

[edit on 8/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Never lose your temper even if know that the person is being unfair to you or abusing just report them and the best way to outsmart someone is with good quality post now once is a while a littler humor is ok.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
By asking questions like this

Nah, but seriously, break the rules and get warned 5 times then your out baby!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I'm about a 5 min bus ride from getting suspended I'm assuming...

Note: If someone is baiting you then going to to mods to complain about you, just shut up... It's not worth it... I got two warnings for addressing someone as dung... Although it was funny to me, the other person was just outraged...
Getting political here, but that's your typical liberal...

Point being, just keep your mouth shut and take Kano's advice, take a good long look at Mr.Skippy... He's a pretty funny dude...

TL, I don't know if they were looking for an actual example. I feel your pain (I've heard that somewhere before
), DG is an obstinate poster, but hardly worth the revocation of ATS privileges, even if it's temporary. I would dread the 12 step necessary to come clean from my addiction more than extending a modicum of civility towards the "Evil Senator Palpatine"... errr... "Hillary"... errr... "Darth Sidious"... errr... Don Guillermo.

p.s. Hope it's not the "Short Bus".

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
TrueLies, I like your post please be carefull I don't want to see you gone.

You bring a lot of information to ATS.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There are certain people here who just get under my skin. They have already been named here, so I won't do it again.

If someone get's under your skin... Use that little ignore link on the left under their nick.

Works great!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature,

I know you have the choice of ignore but I really believe that the whole idea of ATS is to take everybody�s opinions and views, I will never used on another member but that is just personal preferences and for abuses well I have thick skin and usually mods are very good at monitoring this kind of things.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Can I just say that we get a lot of mature posters here (mature in thinking I suspect) BECAUSE of our very tough policy on abuse. In one of the recent intro's a poster said it was the reason they joined.

We also seem to get a growing number of women as members, typically boards like this are strongly male dominated (female wrestling mods not withstanding of course). The more "friendly" and "respectfull" nature of the community leads to a more welcoming atmospehere.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
phreak_of_nature,

I know you have the choice of ignore but I really believe that the whole idea of ATS is to take everybody�s opinions and views, I will never used on another member but that is just personal preferences and for abuses well I have thick skin and usually mods are very good at monitoring this kind of things.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by marg6043]

I agree 100%

I ignore nobody JUST because that is why I come to ATS is to here from ALL sides........even the idiots

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, I have taken phreak of nature's advice and clicked the pretty red button on his name, what that did is save me from seeing a bunch of excessive quoting, and backhanded comments that try to bait everybody into an argument..

I had him on ignore when he first joined because I suspected his manner is what it is now, but for some reason I "un" ignored him and read his posts, I guess somewhere along the line I just forgot, but i've clicked it again and I know the pages will be much shorter and less derogatory...

People like that get their jollies off by goating people into arguments then go complain to the mods that they've been violated...

I really could give two #s about dongs posts so back to the ignore button just because I don't give dung...

Thanks for the reminder phreak...

PS: Dong See that nice little ignore button under your name? i've clicked it, it's kind of like seeing a turd in the toilet then flushing it knowing you'll never see it again...

[edit on 6-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I havn't found a fly big enough to swat yet....does anyone know if when you ignore someone it also prohibits them from sending you U2Us?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
normaly nobody will "annoy" you by u2u, or you will have in hands a full proof, that can be redirected to mods, or used in a bigger "legal" way.
but i don't know if the ignored ones are also desabled to send you u2u's, but i think not, they can always.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
no it doesn't but somebody with the personality such as dong, won't u2u you, they're more interested in stirring the pot in front of everybody else so that this way the onus is put on the other person, why take it to a private msg when you can belittle and backhand other people for all to see??
Trust me, i've told him to u2u me, but he won't, and for this exact same reason but these personality types get their jollies off this way...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i agree with you, moust of the times maybe they are more interested in the "public show" that in annoy you directly.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I love ATS/BTS, so I'm always worried about getting banned.
I especially worry about my posts in the political forums, where I'm a classical conservative surrounded by liberals...

How is the word "troll" defined in terms of Message Boards?

Do warnings have time limits -- in other words, do they go away after a certain period of time -- or are they permanant?

...Hmmm, so I'm not the only one who's had problems with donguillermo. My biggest concern is that he/she frequently asks moderators to close threads that he/she doesn't like. That's censorship! I just ignore threads I don't like, or aren't interested in...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join