It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen President Saleh taken to hospital for wounds in shelling attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yemen President Saleh taken to hospital for wounds in shelling attack

blogs.aljazeera.net

1 hour 2 min ago - Yemen

A Yemeni government official tells the Associated Press news agency that President Saleh has been moved to a hospital for treatment for wounds obtained in shelling attack on the presidential palace in capital Sanaa.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity as he is not authorised to comment to the press, did not say why Saleh was taken to the Defense Ministry hospital, AP reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This Breaking report is from their blog... scroll down the page to read the current reports
edit on 3-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

UpDate From Yemen state TV

Ali Abdullah Saleh, the Yemeni president, has reportedly been injured in an attack on the presidential palace in the capital, Sanaa.

Several were injured when opposition tribesmen's shells struck a mosque in the presidential palace compound where officials, including Saleh were praying on Friday, a government official told the Associated Press news agency. He spoke on condition of anonymity.

The official later said Saleh had been taken to the Defence Ministry hospital to be treated for his injuries, which he had previously described as "light", the AP reported.

Shortly after initial reports of the attack, Yemeni state television said, in an assurance to the public, that the president was "well". The country's deputy information minister told the Reuters news agency that Saleh would address the people shortly.

The extent of prime minister Ali Mohammed Mujawar's injuries were not immediately clear.

Abdul Mohd Iljindi, the deputy minister of information, told Al Jazeera that he spent a half hour with Saleh and that he is "ok", due to "talk to the people in a couple of hours". As of 7 pm local time, the president had yet to appear.

edit on 3-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The following reports are coming into Al Jazeera Live blog...

early reports are sketchy and everyone is waiting for an up date on the Presidents condition...

I will keep checking news sources for more details and will add them when they come in...

if you find something before I do please post it... Feels to me like something big is about to happen over there

blogs.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
presstv is on it, and yes i know its presstv

www.presstv.ir...

but heres the other side of the coin

edition.cnn.com...

and fox

and images here

edit on 3/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is now reporting on thier news website
Yemen president 'alive and well after attack'
Story can be found here

At the very bottom of the story they have a white house statement... the last couple of lines are what caught my eye

"Clearly the deteriorating situation in Yemen can be only addressed through a peaceful and orderly transfer of power and so we again call on President Saleh to move immediately to heed the calls of the Yemeni people," he added.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

thats the deja vu answer from washington these past months.

i think they just copy paste the same statement everytime and edit only the middle east country and the dictator's name.

egypt mubarak
lybia gaddahfi
etc...

its sort of fill in the blanks

but i know wich statement they would like to make

iran amahdenijad

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think right now the whole world is waiting to see if Ali Abdullah Saleh makes an appearance on state TV...

the latest news feed seems to be skirting his health issue... trying to make it sound likes business as usual

Yemen's state television says government's security forces have regained control of all public institutions previously held by al-Ahmar's fighters in capital Sanaa's Hasbah district.

The statement cites Abdul Mohd Il-Jindi, the deputy information minister, as the source.

top topics

join