It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance - What to Do??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Over the past few months I have really been getting into the deep topics on ATS. They have opened up my mind, helped me to wake up. I see pretty much everything in a new light now, and it makes me extremely happy that I can feel myself growing, changing to something better. However with all of the new things that I am experiencing, it really makes me sad that my friends and family arent doing so too. I am senior highschool student and I know that each person needs to grow at their own pace, but its just so frustrating to see everyone around me are nothing more than a bunch of sheeple!

I know that I should be happy that I am progressing and grateful that myself out of all the people i know is actively doing so (that i know of anyways). I should be joyful that I am moving up, and happy to do what I can for those around me. And yet, I feel a profound sadness that my classmates, teachers, friends are not doing so and are choosing to stay trapped in a world created for them by the media, gov ect. I wish that more would wake up and see life for what it truly is! Above all, I feel most saddened because I can see their potential, see them for what they can truly be. All the wonders they can do, all the things they can be! I feel a real sense of longing for them to realize this. And when they dont . . .

I really really really wish they would remember who they are. I dont look down on them, I dont think myself better than anyone. I love them regardless. But when I see my peers on their cells 24/7, interested only in what they are going to wear and whos sleeping with who . . . *sigh*

Does anyone else feel this way? I feel rather alone at the moment . . .

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mattime

Trust me,i hear ya brother...knowing comes with a price of isolation :/
Only 1 other person is on my level,but im consantly rising higher and higher everyday..
Which is why ive decided to leave in about 4 months to travel the world and see these things for myself..
Screw my dreams and ambitions,there just curtains draged over from the truth...
Knowledge is power but most of the time you have to face it alone :/

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I understand what you are talking about
people are busy busy busy with everything else than this world

and people like us are completely alone on this

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattime

everyone around me are nothing more than a bunch of sheeple!
Lose that attitude. Approach each and every subject on it's own. Just because you believe things that others do not believe, does not mean that your belief is correct.

Originally posted by mattime

I dont look down on them,
You sure about that?
Maybe this needs to be shown again.

everyone around me are nothing more than a bunch of sheeple!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It's not easy to approach people when they are so stuck with their life (job, trash talk, ego, ignorance,)

Who wanna loose their credibility talking about stuff no one are talking about (media, media, media)

We can call them something else if you hate the word sheeple, any idea's ?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I say live and let live and most of all judge not...

Second line!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I"ve noticed that a lot of people in the real world actually do believe things on ATS. Theyre just scared to talk about them in public. My advice is not to judge and not to preach to these people. Its good to be passionate but some people prefer their heads in the sand, prefer slavery to freedom, prefer ignorance to strength. You cannot help these people. They can only help themselves. Besides, youre young, in high school, the breeding ground of mainstream ideas and topics. So don't be discouraged by the "sheeple" around you. One of the many reasons high school sucks.

BUT there are a small group of friends and family that you can handpick to let in on your beliefs. I've chosen the most openmided people to disclose ATS-type info to and even then theres resistance. But at least theres an outlet and some good, true discussions with no hard feelings afterwards.

Also, dont consider people to be ignorant, stupid or whatever other bad name we can call the "unenlightened" ones. Theyre just purposely misled by media, government, school, religion and whatever else tricks people into believing they're powerless. Just let them be and they'll let you be. Focus on the people who are on the slipperly slope into ATS craziness and you'll feel less out of place, less ostracized and you'll be surrounded with like-minded people.

Good luck on your journey! Its only just beginning...

new topics

top topics

join