It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLS admits to "Data suppression Procedures" Welcome to 1984

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Changes to MLS Time Series Data With the release of April 2011 mass layoff data on May 20, 2011, data suppression procedures will be updated in the MLS time series database. These changes may affect data as far back as 1996. Similar changes were made to quarterly extended mass layoff data on May 11, 2011.

Quoted from www.bls.gov...

By suppressing the right data, my chart above is all screwed up and BIG UGLY MASS LAYOFFS got toned down. Example: May layoffs in April of 2010 were 200,870 when initially reported. Here, what I logged at the time and the archived press release agree - which we'll return to in a sec. After data suppression? Down to 159,358. Cool, huh? 40,000 fewer people in April 2010 got unlaid off. Without pay, of course...

quoted from: urbansurvival.com...

I found this information on urbansurvival.com and figured I'd post it here. People need to know about this!

This is quite literally the Bureau of Labor Statistics admitting to changing old numbers to skew the results for current consumption.

I'm throwing a 1984 RED FLAG right now. This needs to be seen by as many people as possible before they revise the statement or etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing! Figures really. I've been seeing a lot of conflicted data lately. Unemployment news from day to day can seem extreme on the numbers. Had me wondering what's really going on. Just seen the artciel stating job losses, but earlier this week jobs were said to be steady to growing.
edit on 3-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: more...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

You are correct. More people need to be aware of what is going on. The thing with statistics is that numbers can always be manipulated in order to prove one side or the other and it's been going on for decades. I tend to think that issues like this do not get the attention they deserve simply because we are all just sick of being lied to by Gov't agencies no matter the level and it is to the point that we expect it. So when they come out and admit to tampering with numbers it's just "Meh, yeah we know....."

According to CNN this morning unemployement in the US as a whole is 14.4%. Ok, that is high, but I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that information has been manipulated and the actual number is much higher than that.

I'm just waiting for the day when they start to admit that the whole global warming set of numbers have been cooked as well....... but I won't be holding my breath on that one either.

Good find, keep up the good fight.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
By BLS own numbers under utilized people are at 15 point something percent as well... Overall we have about the same amount of jobs as we did in 2001 but 30 million more people in the workforce.

It's a bad situation and the lies and equivocation do not help anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

That manipulation of data has already started in official crime stats also.

Frankly, I suspect the only crimes that have gone down in the last few years is drive by shootings as the punks have weeded themselves out of the general population.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Glad they found another use for the vote changing software.
Way to go ES&S

Who says the government isn't efficient?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Actually violent crime really is down due to the large amount of citizens arming themselves... BTW this is basically the only thing that makes crime go down is making it too dangerous for criminals to attempt committing the crimes.

and someone can argue with me all they want but as a former criminal I'm going to pull the expertise card and tell you you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU"RE TALKING ABOUT if you say any different.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It is because of the example provided in the OP that I never NEVER simply accept the pronouncements of any talking head, news agency, professional politician, pollster, or other "expert" without mentioning how the raw data from which they glean their 'wisdom' is impossible to reconstruct and otherwise unavailable for analysis.

Their favorite trick is to say how "complex" the information is... which usually translates in my cynical mind to... "we'll tell you what the data means ... but you can't see it until we've decided what we want it to mean."

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

(For some reason it would not let me edit my post, so I'm having to do it this way)....

While CNN this morning had a 14.4% unemployment rate, I just heard on CNN Headline News that unemployment is at 9.1%... WOW, think they will let me use some of their magic fairy dust to increase my bank account to any number I find reasonable??? LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by Aliensun

Actually violent crime really is down due to the large amount of citizens arming themselves... BTW this is basically the only thing that makes crime go down is making it too dangerous for criminals to attempt committing the crimes.

and someone can argue with me all they want but as a former criminal I'm going to pull the expertise card and tell you you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU"RE TALKING ABOUT if you say any different.

I have always enjoyed “Secrets of a Professional Burglar” & "Secrets of a Superthief". Great ideas here.
www.associatedcontent.com...

semperfidelis.ro...

From my own experience as a successful burglar and also from talking with hundreds of fellow inmates in prison for burglary, I’ve concluded that burglary is a psychological game. The only real deterrent is the realization that there is immediate danger to him, the burglar. Locks don’t do this. Alarms don’t do it. Only mind games really work. I’m not against good locks, sturdy doors and alarm systems. But if you rely 70% on mind games and 30% on hardware, you’ll do much better in the end.

If a burglar sees warning signs no matter how outlandish, on your house, he will think twice before breaking in. These signs should be handwritten, in large clear print, on six-inch by eight-inch cards posted above each door knob. Don’t put them on the street or in your yard where passersby can see them. You don’t want to give a burglar a reason to case your place and find out that they are not true. You can make up your own wording. Just be sure the signs look fresh and new. Some suggestions…

"Please stop! We've already been forced to kill one burglar who was trying to get in while we weren't home. Please don't become the second." Like the barkless dog sign, this one seems outlandish. But a jittery burglar isn't going to stick around thinking up ways you could kill him while you're not home. • "Attack dogs trained and sold here." Again, 95% said they'd be gone like a shot if they saw this sign. Suggestion: Have one engraved, and post it on your front door (so it can't be seen from the street).

Leave extremely large bones and two-foot-wide dog dishes near all entrances. Someone who's up to no good will think a very large dog lives there.

new topics

top topics

join