It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Idol of Tiahuanaco

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Nice find OP. I'd be curios to know if they carbon dated the idol and the temple place they found it in. You would think that if the satellite theory was correct, that other ancient cultures would have some record or similar story either in written text or myths about such an event.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KindaBlue06

At the present time there is no way to scientifically date sandstone carvings. C-14 dating works on material with carbon in it.

At this time I'm not aware of any date associated with the idol except by cultural association.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

except by cultural association.

That's my biggest sticking point. Are they really even using cultural assocation with the claims they are making? I don't see any references and that what bugs me.

All coming down to this dam book Theories of Satalites, written in 1927! I don't like it and as already shown with some science, not possible.

Thanks for your responses this thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blend57

Looking at the large picture you posted, it looks as though he is holding a man in one hand. What is he holding in the other hand? Looks like a tree or maybe......a nuclear explosion?

Stylized corn plant. Their art was not realistic, but highly stylized. I don't have time to look up the deity right now, but I know it's identified and that the archaeologists are probably able to read the writing on the statue.

A note for others: sandstone is a very easy stone to carve... in fact, you can carve it with a popsicle stick. It polishes nicely and you can easily put fine detail in it. The ancient Egyptians used it for carving small amulets (some less than an inch in length) which included hieroglyphs engraved on the object.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Hanslune

except by cultural association.

That's my biggest sticking point. Are they really even using cultural assocation with the claims they are making?

No, they're not. Otherwise they'd state exactly what the statue was about and would mention and highlight the writing on the object. And they'd say what the translation was.

We know quite a bit about how they represented things like corn and rain and death, but the UFO community doesn't seem to be interested in buying books about the culture and its symbols.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I am having a heck of a time trying to find anything on the original book mentioned:
"Theory of Satellites" by Hoerbiger

Can't find a book by that title, but the reference seem to be to Hans Hoerbiger's Cosmic Ice Theory - I suppose it's nearly as viable a theory as the Earth being created in 4004BC? Somewhat less viable that the idea a mutant star goat will consume the Sun in 2012. Which of course, is true.

Edit: Allan & Bellamy's book The Great Idol of Tiahuanaco. An interpretation in the light of the Hoerbiger theory of satellites of the glyphs carved on its surface was published in 1959 - this isn't made clear in the OP.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is interesting and I would like to add a couple of facts. When I find my sources, I will add the native name of the idol.

-----This idol is responsible for building many other megaliths, and according to local legends, this one particular very high structure was said to be built in "one night". The legend said something like "He made it rise in one night".

----- I discussed this fact when I was posting anon.
He is holding an object that has no modern translation. It translates close to "fiery serpent" and it was said to "devour people by shooting a fiery like serpent at them". I have the actual Na'huatl (sp??)word for it in this book I have.

These two facts always stood out to me. I lost sleep thinking about the second fact. The first object I can relate the description to is some sort of gun, or 'modern'-like weapon in my opinion. This site is full of 'gems' for the open minded.
Great find.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

MORE! I love this stuff.

Please, update me when you can with the Local's name of the idol!

Have you been to the site?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join