It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is american getting away with all of the crimes it is commiting???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Actually, you should try some Kronenbourg.

Very smooth, very nice import. It might be more suited to a pallate such as yours... given its origins.

[Edited on 30-3-2003 by William]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hard to beat a Crown and Coke though

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Call me what you will, but I love my Miller Lite! What was this thread about again?

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That is enough, William. We'll discuss this via u2u. This is not the place to air this out.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
proudamerica i wasnt saying you supported what america is doing i was saying thomas was supporting their actions. It may be a war, and yes the goal is to win the war, but that does not mean we can do what we like during war. Humiliating pictures are not alowed to be shown of pows in war. I dont have any thing against this, but America is making a big deal about sudam husane and iraq doing it and we turn around and do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Well, MakodFilu, someone has sold you a "bill of goods" on Iraq.

Not really. The key in my post is 'compared'.

Indeed, by "appearances" Iraq seems progressive. However, Saddam is a proven horrific dictator... there's not point in arguing this.

Nor I do. I know he is. But still, there was more freedom there than in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait,... Government under the strict rule of Teologist are not a shelter of freedom...

Also, if you recall history...

I knew all what you posted, thanks

All attempts have failed. What else do you believe should be attempted at this point?

Aiding oppositors, but this time, without retreating support to make them cannon-fodder for Saddam like last time.

or

Killing him (a far lesser crime than bombing the entire country).

or

(put your favorite alternative here)

[Edited on 2003-3-30 by MakodFilu]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Saddm has built the appearance of freedom. In reality, his regime is among the most brutal in the region.

I would have preferred a more surgical assination, but on the grand scheme, it is much less ethical than invading Iraq. Thanks to an exact interpretation of 1441, there is some justification for what our government is doing... it's thin, but it's there.

In the end, we are suffering the fallout from the failure of the UN. It will hurt us, and hurt the UN as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
ILP, the difference is that free media is showing the war on one hand, and on the other, Iraqi owned TV is depicting assasinated soldiers' bodies and live soldiers being interrogated for the sole purpose of humiliation and propaganda. You must acknowledge the difference and culpability.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
the difference is that free media is showing the war on one hand, and on the other, Iraqi owned TV is depicting assasinated soldiers' bodies and live soldiers being interrogated for the sole purpose of humiliation and propaganda. Posted by Thomas Crowne

I have to disagree with one part... Our media, Im not sure I would quite characterize it as "free"... Keep in mind, the cabal/illuminati/globalist/ect OWNS all major networks.... You will NEVER see anything on broadcast TV unless it is something someone WANTS you to see...

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Saddm has built the appearance of freedom. In reality, his regime is among the most brutal in the region.

Again, the key is 'compared'.

In Irak, at least, a woman is not commanded to wear the burkha.

I would have preferred a more surgical assination, but on the grand scheme, it is much less ethical than invading Iraq. Thanks to an exact interpretation of 1441, there is some justification for what our government is doing... it's thin, but it's there.

In the end, we are suffering the fallout from the failure of the UN. It will hurt us, and hurt the UN as well.

...one step back. I wouldn't like to fight more than a battle at the time, but...

...weapons of mass destruction have not been found yet... What if never existed? The CIA would infiltrate some to put an accussingly finger against Saddam?

...and please, before any rant that may follow (most probably by 'someone' other than you), don't try do demonize Saddam without knowing the attrocities your Security Agencies has done in the past and can do *again*.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Blanket accuasations of possible atrocities is a poor cover for the known and ghastly atrocities commited bythe hussein regime.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
the difference is that free media is showing the war on one hand, and on the other, Iraqi owned TV is depicting assasinated soldiers' bodies and live soldiers being interrogated for the sole purpose of humiliation and propaganda. Posted by Thomas Crowne

I have to disagree with one part... Our media, Im not sure I would quite characterize it as "free"... Keep in mind, the cabal/illuminati/globalist/ect OWNS all major networks.... You will NEVER see anything on broadcast TV unless it is something someone WANTS you to see...

OTOH Al-Jazeera doesn't belong to Saddam. Is United Arab Emirates based.

...and if you are alluding strictly to Iraq TV, remember that you are seeing it on CNN, NBC,... In fact, that emissions could even be fake. No one knows right now.

Gotting off-topic, anyway. No matter what Saddam attrocities are. USA should not be at the same level.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Blanket accuasations of possible atrocities is a poor cover for the known and ghastly atrocities commited bythe hussein regime.

Other than western media, possibly manipulated by military interests, do you have proof of that Iraqi attrocities. I myself believe Saddam is a terrorist, but who knows. It could be NSA or CIA is putting him in the worst of sights...

Again, do you want to be at the same level than they?

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeLLaTrIx
And as far as the Geneva convention I don't know of one country that has not broken it..

I don't know, maybe true, but you are doing right now. That's what matters. You are at the same level as they.

But the US led coalition is there and it is only a matter of time till Saddam is either assasinated, killed, or captured.
I would say suicide but I think he is too big of a coward to do it.

The one who suicides is a real coward. The one that could not face life is the real coward. Please don't associate suicide and bravery again.

BTW: curious about your signature. Bush really said that? ...if he did, well, as a diplomat, he is totally clueless. What he is at to? Invading France next?

[Edited on 2003-3-30 by MakodFilu]

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Thomas got in trouble with his boss, awwwwww

strip his moderator status off his shoulder William

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The only way to get the truth is to watch bbc, cnn, and iraq tv. The iraq tv will almost completly tell what america is doing. CNN tells what iraq is doing. BBC tells what both sides are doing.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ahhh yes the good ole unbias Iraqi news. Come on you don't really expect them to be telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Also, if you recall history, Iraq invaded Kuwait, destroyed much of its cities, attempted to destroy its money-making resources (oil wells), and required a brief but intense battle to remove. As we led the coalition to drive Iraq out, and deep into thier desert, we stopped to accept unconditional terms of cease fire which included the elimination of offensive weapons. Subsequent UN resolutions attempted to keep Iraq unable to attack neighbors.

All attempts have failed. What else do you believe should be attempted at this point?

Ironically, your sentences perfectly fit the US behaviour today, not the Iraqi. What can we do to stop the US from arbitrary "preemptive warfare"seems to be the question that will matter in the future.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Quetz, how do you figure that fits our actions perfectly? Knowing what we know about Hussein, knowing what we know about his weapons programs, links to terrorists, hate for us, and the fact that he even has fingerprints on the WTC attacks and you still think we're just mean ol' bullies, what would it take for you to realize, dummy, that we don't want to wait until St. Louis is smoldering from a backpack nuke bought from some defunct Soviet satelite or San Diego is choking from some chemical attack dispersed by terrorists, made by Hussein.

When is the last time a blither, half-knowledgeable moron spewing anti-Bush nonsense been found swinging from a lamp post?

Has Berkely been gassed with nerve agent and mustard gas for creating dissention, teaching anti-American lies and not enough real knowledge?

Do we change out presidents, congressmen and senators when we feel like it without fear of voting against the sitting fellow because of a bullet in the head of our family raped and killed.

Don't be so incredibly stupid and gullible. You have no idea how precaious the American situation really is. It was precarious before this part of the war and its still precarious. But it isn't becasue we are the bad guys. Pull your head out, look around and realize who the bad guys are, who the oppressed are and quit bleeding liberal pink all over the place.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't enter into debate with rascists whether they think they are being funny or not

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join