It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin collects a bushel of Pinocchios on her bus tour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

Soooo...just looking at that chart from msDNC above (which is several months outdated, for what its worth), it seems to me that Barack Obama is responsible for almost 20% of all US debt in just 2.5 years in office. At the rate he's going, he may well earn that title of 'more debt than all other presidents combined' if he stays in office eight years.

The reality is that the US is accumulating about $1.5 trillion of new debt every year under Obama. There's no real way to sugar coat that, and if that rate continues, as it appears it will, he will have accumulated roughly $6 trillion in new debt in just four years. Given that the entire US national debt currently stands around $14 trillion, *including* the $3+ trillion that Obama has already added, I don't really think there's much of an argument to be made in his favor on this issue. His presidency has been a debt disaster to this point.
edit on 5-6-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I agree with you 100% and am troubled by the massive debt accumulated by BOTH parties. It is inexcusable.

I was just trying to counter a frequent claim made by another poster which I believe to be false. The assertion that President Obama has amassed more debt than all previous US Presidents combined. Please feel free to correct me if that is,in fact, a true statement. The numbers you cite in your your post alone seem to refute that.

It is my sincere hope that our outrageous debt is reigned in. There is bipartisan blame, I only hope there will be a bipartisan yet equitable solution.

/MD

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

with everyone posting about the national debt, does anyone know the answer to this question.

with the monies given to the financial sector, GM, tarp, being repaid to the Government, where is the cash going?

it does not reduce the deficit, where did the accountants deposit the cash?

do you know?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511
it does not reduce the deficit, where did the accountants deposit the cash?

do you know?

If I did I certainly wouldn't be sharing that here now would I? ( Reminds me of old joke wood eye.
) Or clipping coupons for groceries, but hey who doesn't like a good BOGO every now and then?

Seriously though, our debt is troubling. I've always played by the rules and on target for a comfortable retirement without any government assistance. But it troubles me what the future may bring. My modest stipend will be worthless if the dollar and good faith and credit of US tanks.

/MD

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The only reason to vote for Palin is if you have some weird love for stupidity...hell, even her supporters are silly

P alin supporters trying to edit Wikipedia to match history with her crazy claims

top topics

<< 1   >>

join