It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin collects a bushel of Pinocchios on her bus tour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This blog completely explains why it is a terrible idea to even consider Palin as a candidate. Before all the a Palin supporters jump all over this thread, make sure you read the article, and decide if you really want someone who doesn't have the faintest idea about economics, running for POTUS. Not that she would ever win.
I don't care if you think she is an everyday person just like us. She isn't. You fell for a campaign slogan. I have never met a mother who shot wolves from a helicopter.

But this article is good for anyone to read, to understand a little more about how foreign aid works.

Look at the debt that has been accumulated over the past two years. It is more debt under this president than all those other presidents combined.”
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is sometimes described as a possible Sarah Palin rival in the presidential sweepstakes. In this case, Palin is virtually repeating a claim for which Bachmann had previously earned Pinocchios

w ashington post

How many republican candidates are there?

Why can't they ante up an intelligent female like Condi Rice?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Condi Rice? Are you nuts?

Both Palin and Bachmann do not belong anywhere near politics.

They are laughingstocks.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

*laughs* maybe a little.

I have always liked Rice. She may come from the Bush Administration, but I would prefer her over an idiot like Palin. Like picking a bank, its the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

*laughs* maybe a little.

I have always liked Rice. She may come from the Bush Administration, but I would prefer her over an idiot like Palin. Like picking a bank, its the lesser of two evils.

I am a proud liberal, and form some reason I too would love to see Condi run for president. And I could even see myself voting for her. There is nothing wrong with intelligence, and I believe she was one of the smartest members of the bush admin...and Colon Powell.

But Sarah Palin, not so much.

She makes me cringe, and most of the time I just feel embarrassed for her. If she would just take the time to educate herself instead of twittering, and doing reality shows, and touring the country in a bus... She would be doing herself a big favor.

The information is out there Sarah...make better use of your time.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

*laughs* maybe a little.

werd

I don't even know how to respond to a quote like that

1 question are they Genuine Pinocchio's made in Geppeto's work shop?
or are they Knock Offs made of lead imported from China?
edit on 6/3/2011 by spoonbender because: still confused

edit on 6/3/2011 by spoonbender because: sp

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
IMO the best candidate is Ron Paul by far, seasoned, knowlegable, active, people driven (not big banks),tells the brutal truth, and is willing to make us a great nation again....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hey, good luck with the bash!

where is your precious condi now?

eh? my pretty!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
hey, good luck with the bash!

where is your precious condi now?

eh? my pretty!

Last I heard she was eyeing the NFL commissioners job, and performing classical piano concerts.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

wow, whole nother thread!

i say she go for it! commissioner.

if my old girlfriend was black she would be her twin.

or even really tan.serious, we talked about it.

edit on 3-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I personally find this one of the most disturbing lines in the article:

The full interview is posted on Palin’s Web site, but we watched all of it so you don’t have to.

Come on, why think for yourself when we'll tell you what's important!
Also:

Palin appears to assume that the United States simply hands out dollars with little idea about what happens to the money.

Don't we have proof of this? Just one (internal) example:
www.prisonplanet.com...
I think we've all seen the fancy economic footwork done with the world banks and other organizations.

But she overstates the case by calling (Social Security) a “Ponzi scheme

...not an overstatement

I don't think we have to analyze the unemployment rate, it's inaccurate because of the way it's calculated anyways.

So, I guess what it all adds up to is while I don't agree with most of Palin's real stances on issues (or any other politician's except maybe Ron Paul's and with any politician motives are questionable) she did make accurate statements. The writer also states:

According to the latest Congressional Budget Office forecast, about 40 percent of the federal budget is financed through new debt — and that percentage is projected to drop significantly as the economy improves.

The economy, however, isn't improving, it's imploding. It's a classic MSM deflection and smear story full of good-feeling propaganda and more inaccuracies than Palin makes.

Just my 2 cents on the article, I'm watching the full interview now.

Edit: The interview is really just a pure propaganda piece that doesn't talk about any specifics of how she thinks these issues should be solved, more just generalities of what's going wrong (which anyone who opens their eyes could spot) and statements to play on people's emotions (just like any other politician).
edit on 3-6-2011 by j35us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by j35us

Saying that SS is a ponzi scheme is a an old and very unoriginal tactic used by critics of SS for years. Basically, nothing new to see here, move along. Its a red herring.

Critics have been saying for over 60 years that SS is a ponzi scheme and that it will collapse as a result. It hasn't.

A ponzi scheme eventually runs out of workers. SS does not. Also unlike a Ponzi scheme, people knowingly pay into SS without expecting a huge return. It is a retirement cushion.

The amount of workers investing does change, hence the baby boomer scare. But adjustments have been made in the years past and are being changed now to coordinate with demographics.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I agree with that statement, but the program was originally set up when the life expectancy was much lower than it is today and it was expected that few would actually be able to collect that money back. It has changed it's form over the years, however, so I'll concede that point to you. Therefore yes, what I should have said was it was originally a ponzi scheme that evolved over the years.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I am reposting something i wrote about this from another topic string. Hope that is allowed. Just goes to prove how lazy us liberals are.

I've mentioned numerous times now that Ms Palin was and is unqualified to be a Presidential contender. This clip from the reputable, fair, balanced and unbiased FOX News channel exposes her weakness from her VP run two years ago. I've seen no indication she has "booked up" on world affairs or foreign diplomacy since that time. Unless you consider writing notes on her hand a studious or scholastic endeavor.

/MD
edit on 3-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Get Obama away from his Telepromters and see what you got....

then we'll talk about unqualified.

Maybe it's time we had an "unquailifed" person like Palin.

Sure as hell will beat what we have gotten with the current "qualified" members in gov't. IMO.

I can't wait to see what Obama's slogan will be.

Give me four more years and I'll give you more of what you got now.....

Raging High Gas Prices:

Continued staggering un-employment-especially when you correct of the fuzzy Obama math. More like 18% unemployed. Look out your window. Tell me there isn't a difference in your community. Tell me/us that more unemployed is actually a good thing.

Force HeathCare-done by back door deals, bribes, threats AND ruled unconstitutional by a Federal Judge.

Gitmo... still running,

Financial Reform-FAILED.

More street crime/violence (higher rates).

More Wars.... (regardless of what he is calling them)

Illegal immigration- Actually taking States to court because they are trying to enforce Federal Law!!

I could go on but you could care less so.....

I again say... Maybe it's time for an unqualified person to be in office. I'll take my chances....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fadc8ff72d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is to politics as Lady GaGa is to music.

very heavy on entertainment.

they cater to their audience, and the congregation sends in the money.

she is making millions off her followers, the reality show will go on as long as cash flows.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It is more debt under this president than all those other presidents combined.

BINGO!
That is 100% true, yet the Op feels collecting Pinnochio's is a much serious matter.

Holy B. Geez, is it really about qualifications anymore?

Just look at the idiot that's in there now.
We were told he was very intelligent man, but with all the intelligence comes an extreme lack of common sense.
He clearly doesn't know what he's doing and is in over his head, but heck he looks good doesn't he?

If a so called intelligent man has made things worse, a so called idiot can't do much worse.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

BINGO!
That is 100% true, yet the Op feels collecting Pinnochio's is a much serious matter.

Excuse me but I believe you have taken that snippet out of context. You have 'cherry picked' that line out of context as the article refutes that statement with a reputable link source. Here is visual aid to set the record straight:

SOURCE:
maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com...

Thanks,

/MD

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

WHAT?
Surely you can't be serious.

MaddowBlog.MSDN?
Do you have anything more trust worthy and less biased?

In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

When President Barack Obama took the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2009, the total federal debt held by the public stood at 6.3073 trillion, according to the Bureau of the Public Debt, a division of the U.S. Treasury Department. As of Aug. 20, 2010, after the first nineteen months of President Obama’s 48-month term, the total federal debt held by the public had grown to a total of $8.8333 trillion, an increase of $2.5260 trillion.

In just the last four months (May through August), according to the CBO, the Obama administration has run cumulative deficits of $464 billion, more than the $458 billion deficit the Bush administration ran through the entirety of fiscal 2008.

Source: CNSNews

Heck there's even a debt calculator app where you can get this info straight from the horse's mouth, in case you don't trust my source.

TreasuryDirect.gov

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

If a so called intelligent man has made things worse, a so called idiot can't do much worse.

I thing you got that part wrong, if a so called intelligent man made things worse than one can't even imagine what an idiot will do in his place.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Funny you criticize my source and then provide one from CNS. (No Brent Bozell doesn't have a partisan bone in his body) First your Debt Calculator only goes back as far as 1993. FAIL. Thanks for nothing. Second you original quote from OP was "all Presidents combined" then your second cites "George Washington through Ronald Reagan." Move the goal posts much?

Third:

Tea Party Myth #2: President Obama is to Blame for our National Debt

The Truth: The vast majority of the debt came from Reagan and the Bushes. By the time he left office in 1989, Ronald Reagan more than equaled the entire debt burden produced by the previous 200 years of American history. George W. Bush a $4 trillion increase in the national debt, a staggering 71% jump. And that didn’t include the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which he kept “off-budget” And the Tea Partiers want to go back to his policies!

Read more: newsflavor.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join