It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Threat To ATS has emerged

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

With running a conspiracy site it takes quite some balls to use the guy from DEXTER as your avatar :p
just saying...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
With running a conspiracy site it takes quite some balls to use the guy from DEXTER as your avatar

It takes balls to run a conspiracy site.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You are a very respected member of ATS, and someone whom i personally enjoy reading and highly respect. But i firmly disagree with you on this.

If the Pentagon wants to determine that US citizens are the enemy, in no way should ATS or its membership support this decision by forgetting our spines.

The claim of being from Anon is nothing but a claim. They are everywhere. I have several on my Twitter feed. Do they do anything "criminal"? I dunno. But anyone can do something and lay claim to do it on behalf of a group. The CIA has been doing it for decades.

Don't allow yourself to be seen cowering. People should not fear government....government should fear people.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

If I could star your post I would. Consider it well starred!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Just because something is a "crime", or unlawful, or illegal, does not necessarily mean it is wrong. They make laws to protect themselves from us you know, so they can continue to oppress us, steal from us and con us, poison our food supply and the entire planet.

Exactly, ....applause for your post.
edit on 12-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well imo some rules are meant to be broken, sometimes laws are broken when push comes to shove. Criminals? How many of us have broken the law? Ever jay walked? ever steal a candy bar? How about steal food when starving? People will do the craziest things under the right circumstances. Now i have not always supported hacking and like many have been annoyed by trojans and viruses some kid cooked up from his basement that i found on my computer and thought "damn that kid someone do something about him arrrggghhh".

But of mass murders are sitting on Capitol Hill i want to know about it no matter the means may be. We all know it the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows now don't we? The corruption and power mad monsters that Anonymous has revealed so far are a reality! They have in fact exposed many corrupt institutions where do i begin. Have you been paying attention? Anonymous is fighting fire with napalm. IMHO whatever gas to be done to make the changes we need if hacking these corporate beats is the answer so be it. Because your leaders have failed you and now it is time for the people to step up. because if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. "climbs back in to dumpster" Monsters beget more monsters blah

P.S. censer me
edit on 12-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thankyou for your thoughts.

A similar group also uncovered a glaring weakness in the NHS (The Uk national health service) - Instead of destroying the NHS system - they instead revealed the weakness, so proper precautions and security could be taken. Thus people in this case were protected.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's only illegal because it is THE PEOPLE doing it to THEM. THEY hack into computers access our personal information, bug people, etc, etc, all the time in infringement of human rights, the law and the constitution.

But oh yes, when it's done to them - and not secretly - it's suddenly a CRIME.

I've seen a couple of articles today which state that Anon have said they have some explosive stuff which they will expose about Bohemian Grove!! If true, that will be something I look forward to.

How else are we supposed to get to expose the depth and breadth of the crimes of these crazed power mongers? By asking them nicely to please give us the information we require?

And you know what, if they take down the internet WE WILL SURVIVE, but they might not! Governments will fall.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I genuinely think Anon has no qualms with ATS - as ATS is doing everything it can to reveal such corruption in mega-corporations, dodgy companies etc.

My beef was with those who automatically knee-jerk anon as being evil, much in the same way conspiracy theorists are branded as loonies. We know this isn't the case.

As with all forums and collectives, we have a hundred, thousand varying opinions.

Such is the same with anon.

Thus for the sake of ATS, I don't wish any harm to this website - I just wish fairness form certain members. If they have bold claims then provide proof. That is all.

As life as a conspiracy theorist is tough enough, without any further ramifications. Just as much as we don't want to be targetted by the TPTB, we don't want any backlash form the online hacktivists. Thus i request fair debate, which it seems by the comments so far - we're doing ok now.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This has been coming a long time, whether or not it caught on as anonymous is irrelevant. It's not anon's fault there have been decades of severe mismanagement of people, resources, and information on this planet. This could have taken leading form as the Venus Project, The Zeitgeist Movement, anything. To say it's a threat is assinine. This, holding as anonymous' current incarnation (if you'll remember, anonymous has done some serious evolving since its inception) or mutating and transforming to other things, this is our claim to history. This is our pioneering frontier. We're on freedom's doorstep. If you are threatened by this my heart goes out to you.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I guess anyone claiming to be part of anon on here, would be telling porky pies. No self respecting hacker is going to post those claims on a board heavily monitered by the goverment, it's internet suicide. This is the internet, people lie about themselves to make them look big and clever (or try to) Pinch of salt needed me thinks.

anon is not just about hacking and denial of service attacks. it helps to facilitate the movement of information and works on a number of projects

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Indeed ATS serves it's purpose and does a excellent job of addressing alternative news nobody else will touch. I will take ATS over GLP any day if i want something serious. If you weed through all the Elenin and doom threads and make it through the cesspool you will find some alarming and valuable data. As a collective ATS is Anonymous in a sense, Anonymity and confidentiality is required here. Sharing ideas and solutions much as Anonymous does without the "lunatic fringe" Anonymous goes that extra mile. We encroach on waters most will not dare.

It takes balls to run a conspiracy site, perhaps. It also takes balls to risk your freedom for a greater cause as well. And keep in mind those crooks sitting in wall street , corporate headquarters, banks, washington, sitting in power around the world have no oversight and restriction to impose their will on the people. Nobody to police them. Then what?

People should not be afraid of their Governments, Governments should be afraid of their people ! - V[

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Anon...............Who?

What is up with all of this anon talk...

Do they even do anything to warrant such publicity?.....I keep reading bullcrap for news.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
but not "e-terrorists" where the term, terrorist, is a knee-jerk bogey-man exaggeration.

I agree with this
I have recently changed me labeling them as e-Terroists to e-Militias

Not really. Insecure computer networks and servers are everywhere. Guessing a directory structure of an unsecured folder on a server connected to the Internet is the equivalent to opening the lid of an unlocked dumpster.

So if your neighbor's door is open it's okay to walk in?
So the difference is unlawful entry minus the breaking & entering?
Fine, still illegal though

As someone who was a DBA I have to disagree with that statement

But their "announcements" are a bit too grandstanding, individuals pretending to be Anonymous using "we" as if it's some scary pronoun, the Guy Fawkes mask (someone with murderous intent), the videos, and all else amount come across as more attention-seeking than altruism.

Maybe it's attention seeking
But I also think it's dangerous
Especially after the Pentagon saying cyber-attacks are acts of war

At the end of the day please understand that this thread was not created to ask ATS Staff to do anything about such posts/threads
I myself have created Anon threads

It was just to state my opinion on the topic and to spread a positive message that you should always know everything about an organization before claiming membership.

I do consider them as e-Militias though
I retract the e-Terrorist label which is why I have as of recently stopped using that term.

If anyone thinks they aren't e-Militias then think what a Militia group would do then think of the internet
The only difference is scope, therefore the "e-"
edit on 12-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
anon is not just about hacking and denial of service attacks. it helps to facilitate the movement of information and works on a number of projects

No
It does the EXACT Opposite!

Because the end result will be more "big brother" on the internet than we already have

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Thankyou for being a great debater, we may not agree on many things, but we've had a great debate. The staff and owner have been fantastic and I think we've all resolved a lot of issues.

I understand your concerns, I understand the site owners concerns and I hope you understand mine. It's been a good night for healthy debate and laying a few cards on the table. I also think we've done a lot in ensuring nothing untoward happens to ATS from either side of the digital battlefield. The request for neutrality was an idea I though beneficial to everyone. A lot of issues have been cleared up. The mods have done a good job, and many members have excellently portrayed their views.

If any anon members or govt agents are reading this. Sometimes debate is far greater than unthinking action.

Kindest regards,

Mr L

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

"Cyber attacks are acts of war" this is ultra ridiculous. How about the government are terrorists enacting acts of war without ceasing. They seem to be exempt from everything. Calling cyber attacks acts of war is a ploy just like the entire false war on terrorists. The government are the terrorists and they are trying to manipulate every avenue of communication with fear under the pretense of these supposed 'acts of war'.

I can't tell you how ridiculous and censored all of this is. The aim is to stop any amount of truth from any of our communication mediums. Control and brainwash the masses with false fears of potential threats. It is the government you all should be worried about.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The biggest threat to the ATS should be the Citizens and our Constitution.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Agreed

Mods can close this thread now that all arguments have been conveyed from all sides of all fences

Long Live ATS

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

o It does the EXACT Opposite! Because the end result will be more "big brother" on the internet than we already have

i dont get your thinking. The reason peeps are protesting is because governments are trying to control the internet... The movement is a backlash against control, not the cause of it. The government would like the net controled as much as other media outlets are. They are gona struggle to do that here though..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by purplemer

No
It does the EXACT Opposite!

Because the end result will be more "big brother" on the internet than we already have

Sometime we have to sacrifice things we like in order to receive the things we need. Because the walls are closing in every day, we have lost rights after rights due to things that were out of our control such as 9-11. We all love the internet dont we? If the day comes they flip the switch it will be a wake up call all for all, the straw that broke the camels back. I grew up without internet, I am older that most of my peers. Was not spoon fed with the digital age i grew up in the analog age with tape cassettes and music was created from instruments instead of machines.. you get my drift? I got along just fine.

People think they will shrivel up and die if a kill switch is flipped. They will go outside and have to smell the fresh cut grass, and they will be forced to talk to the neighbors instead of tweeting them. But that will not happen, the internet is not going anywhere. And if "big brother" does tighten his grip then don't give them the satisfaction. walk away from the internet.

I rather give up my internet and see the REAL Criminals on wall Street, Bankers, Politicians exposed and possibly prosecuted if that is what it takes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join