It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Threat To ATS has emerged

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wasn't going to make this thread but hey, here I go
In that link there are members claiming or insinuating to be part of Anonymous, the Wikileaks like group that attacks other websites.

I consider Anon to be e-terrorists, I do not like them because it's not non-violent protests, it is violent and costs businesses money and maybe even jobs and also they help deter liberties.

During a time when the Pentagon is saying that cyber attacks are acts of war I don't think that this is a good idea to have on this site.

I wasn't going to make this thread but I like ATS too much to see something happen to it.

I'm not saying here that those members should be banned as I have mentioned in that thread, perhaps I was hasty, but at least an amendment to the T&Cs.

At the end of the day you guys must have your lawyers and probably know the potential issues better than me, I just thought I would shed some spotlight on it.

Thx
MA

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I guess anyone claiming to be part of anon on here, would be telling porky pies. No self respecting hacker is going to post those claims on a board heavily monitered by the goverment, it's internet suicide. This is the internet, people lie about themselves to make them look big and clever (or try to) Pinch of salt needed me thinks.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't think ATS would have anything to worry about..
The Government would even encourage people outing themselves if in fact they are really part of anon..

I see no threat...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You are a very respected member of ATS, and someone whom i personally enjoy reading and highly respect. But i firmly disagree with you on this.

If the Pentagon wants to determine that US citizens are the enemy, in no way should ATS or its membership support this decision by forgetting our spines.

The claim of being from Anon is nothing but a claim. They are everywhere. I have several on my Twitter feed. Do they do anything "criminal"? I dunno. But anyone can do something and lay claim to do it on behalf of a group. The CIA has been doing it for decades.

Don't allow yourself to be seen cowering. People should not fear government....government should fear people.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
You are a very respected member of ATS, and someone whom i personally enjoy reading and highly respect. But i firmly disagree with you on this.

Thank You, I enjoy reading your posts as well

If the Pentagon wants to determine that US citizens are the enemy, in no way should ATS or its membership support this decision by forgetting our spines.

I don't think it's forgetting our spines, if someone makes a threat to the President then it will be taken very seriously.
Claiming to be part of an e-terroist group is just plain stupid on the part of whoever does it, and unfortunately it should be dealt with.

The claim of being from Anon is nothing but a claim. They are everywhere. I have several on my Twitter feed. Do they do anything "criminal"? I dunno. But anyone can do something and lay claim to do it on behalf of a group.

Okay, well this I may not be aware of
I have no political affiliations on my twitter feed, only science magazines and music artists
I don't trust twitter as it was the media that pushed twitter into being what twitter is today and I find that suspicious, but I digress.

If they do anything criminal or not, well I sure hope not, but to claim to be part of them is just like saying I was an accomplice to that guy who shot that Democrat a few months ago.

Don't allow yourself to be seen cowering. People should not fear government....government should fear people

I do agree with you on that but a crime is a crime.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You want to get rid of anon at ATS.... The only way to do that would be to shut the site down.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
And I thought I had it bad for advocating something similar (according to those who attacked me).

First anon members and then who else? Do you have a list of people whom you don't like that you don't want at ATS?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

True, a crime is a crime.

But, in the interest of liberty and freedom, sometimes people will commit acts of civil disobedience. We have proof that Anon has been set up (PSN), so the labelling of them as an e-terrorist group is laughable. These are the same people that have said that any dead Iraqi is an insurgent (meaning that once killed, they were called an insurgent ex post facto).

People on ATS to claim to be part of Anon are either part of forums that Anon types discuss their affairs, or they are supporting the idea that internet Anonymity makes anyone who is truly anonymous online a member of "Anonymous".

Much of what I see them talk about has more to do with the values of our founding fathers. Those are values I personally espouse. And they were called "terrorists", too.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
well for the record:
I do NOT support Anonymous.

Their motto of:
we do not forgive, we do not forget
goes against my religion of being
Christian. God tell us that we should
forgive others as God forgives us.
Thusly, I have to disassociate.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If the Pentagon wants to determine that US citizens are the enemy....

They are apparently saying "cyber attacks" are acts of war. This does not point just to US citizens does it?

Annonymous is not just a US entity.

Understand what you're saying but thought I'd point that out.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

This thread reminds me of my little brother when we were kids.lol.
He would always tattle on me when he disagreed with what I was doing,usually pestering him.
Always sucking up to mom and dad.

HA,
i'll even give you a star and flag just for the hell of it.

link   
This is the internet.

People can, and do, claim to be things that they most decidedly are not, and the term "armchair warrior" is particularly relevant in more than one sense.

As we have no way of telling who actually is part of anonymous (and in some respects, aren't we all?) and who is not, then simply relying on a claim made in a forum is folly to base taking action on.

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

God tell us that we should
forgive others as God forgives us.

Really?
I'm not a big bible reader but I've heard of some of the punishments God has dished out..
He certainly aint "all forgiving".....

The great flood is but one example of his "forgiving" nature.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

In the old testament, god was a vengeful, grumpy old bastard.

Am I allowed to call him that?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by backinblack

In the old testament, god was a vengeful, grumpy old bastard.

Am I allowed to call him that?

That was funny...

Not the choice of words I would use to describe God...but technically you are correct...

God was veneful...

He was grumpy...

and God is fatherless...

also God is older than anything ever...no begining...

So although it is probably frowned on...you are right.

edit on 3-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So, when the law protects these corporations, and they hire thugs to turn protests violent, and we are backed into a corner, what else can we do? While there definitely are people who are misusing Anonymous for their own purposes or to smear it, there are those that are doing us a favour. People need to stand up to corporations.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
First anon members and then who else? Do you have a list of people whom you don't like that you don't want at ATS?

I like everyone on ATS

This isn't about any member, this is about the action of claiming to be part of an e-terrorist organization.

I assume what is happening is since the motto of Anon is:
We are everywhere yet nowhere, so people are trying to further the facade of being everywhere while not being part of Anon.

What they don't realize is that it's not just a game, at least in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Just because something is a "crime", or unlawful, or illegal, does not necessarily mean it is wrong. They make laws to protect themselves from us you know, so they can continue to oppress us, steal from us and con us, poison our food supply and the entire planet.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good, good.

Let's go after the communists next.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Take it with a grain of salt brotha

I see it as nothing more than some pimply-faced kid trying to find a common identity/association for themself. Someplace that they can fit in or feel welcomed (or special).

Really it's not that different than the folks who claim to have worked at Area 51 posting in the UFO forums or those that claim to predict future events posting in the forums.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join