It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancients In America? Colorado Megalith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Awesome stone in Pikes Peak national forest. IT IS HUGE. Its one mile in on Rampart Range road from the Sedelia Entrance of the Pikes Peak National forest. About 40 miles from the Garden of the Gods and the Manitou Springs Cliff dwellings... Like Mesa Verde.

www.cliffdwellingsmuseum.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well I thought it was cool

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
That's a damn nice rock. I'd be so tempted to push it over. Don't think it's got anything relating to an ancient civilisation in it though. There are some kind of similar rocks in Australia, all over the world in fact, they're usually referred to as "balancing rocks".

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Its in an area called the Gardens of the Gods, and The Valley of the Kings... Its close to the Colorado Cliff dwellers which built like the Hopi Indians.. 2012 tribe. They were the Anasazi.

The bottom of the rock has been tooled. Its huge... and it sits on the top of a hill.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Natural and in the video there is another rock sitting on top of another rock just to left. This is a common geological happening.

You stated that the rock had been modified on the bottom??

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have been to garden of the gods, very nice place...
very eerie as well, when i was there i felt almost energetic of sorts, either that or it was the hot summer sun bearing down on me lol.

as for the "megalith"
there are hundreds of rocks like these near where i live
at a place called palo duro canyon
some are bigger than yachts

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's the Balanced rock at Garden of the Gods, here in Colorado Springs.

It used to actually balance like that, but apparently it now has to be held up by supports. Damn tourists!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro
Its in an area called the Gardens of the Gods, and The Valley of the Kings... Its close to the Colorado Cliff dwellers which built like the Hopi Indians.. 2012 tribe. They were the Anasazi.

The bottom of the rock has been tooled. Its huge... and it sits on the top of a hill.

No, The video in the OP is of a different rock that isn't in the Garden of the Gods. I don't doubt that it's in Pikes Peak National Forest, however. The video I just posted is of the rock at Garden of the Gods.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Very cool, but looks like natural glacial deposits as the ancient glaciers receded thousands of years ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lecaro

Looks like it was just eroded out of the ground over thousands of years and by freak chance landed like that.

new topics

top topics

join