It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOE lies exposed - US oil production is coming to an end

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The DOE, while finally presenting domestic production below 5 million bpd, is telling us today that crude net imports are decreasing, at 9,625 million bpd ...

Did americans turn green or is the DOE desperately trying to hang on to the future ?

2025 science fiction - presented by the acclaimed writers of the FT and the DOE, December 2003

news.ft.com.../StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1071251599224&p=1012571727162The

The US Energy Department on Tuesday said that US dependence on foreign oil would increase at a faster pace than the government had previously forecast.

The latest estimates are unwelcome news for the Bush administration, which has prioritised reducing US reliance on foreign energy.

Net oil imports are expected to rise to 70 per cent of total US petroleum demand by 2025, according to the department.

The new Annual Energy Outlook 2004 report says the US is being forced to increase oil imports to accommodate growing demand amid declining domestic supply. In 2002, net imports of oil were 54 per cent.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OMG I think I may agree with CatHerder for once.

I believe Peak Oil is a reality.
I am not quite sure how to prepare.
Been riding my bike. Don't suppose that will be enough.
Don't know how to farm.
Live in a city.
Target practice and archery might be in order.
My spirit is willing if someone else's flesh is weak/slow enough.
I think i feel ill.
I hope my mother never finds out. I might be ashamed.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know what price crude oil needs to hit to make oil from shale economically preferable? I've heard shale oil costs a lot to extract but it could be another way to go.

P.S. The dodo is a resource that we've run out of.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

2025 science fiction - presented by the acclaimed writers of the FT and the DOE, December 2003

Net oil imports are expected to rise to 70 per cent of total US petroleum demand by 2025, according to the department.

The new Annual Energy Outlook 2004 report says the US is being forced to increase oil imports to accommodate growing demand amid declining domestic supply. In 2002, net imports of oil were 54 per cent.

Since nobody else seems interested to do some elementary arithmetic, I'm releasing the latest (official) numbers - Four Week Average Ending 10/15/04 : 67.06%

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
believe it or not, oil still isnt expensive. it peaked at what today would be the equivalent of 80$.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join