It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOE lies exposed - US oil production is coming to an end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
US Net Imports of Crude averaged 8.1 million bpd in 1997, 9.1 in 2002 and 9.6 in 2003.

US production averaged 6.4 million bpd in 1997, and was constant at 5.8 in 2002 and in 2003.

The U.S. imported a record 11.3 million barrels of crude oil a day in the week ended July 23, and yet according to the DOE the US production for that week was still as high as 5.4 million bpd.

Nobody seems interested to know the reason for this UNPRECEDENTED rise of almost 1.5 billion bpd ... (statistics explain it as "refineries processing more oil", role of the strategic petroleum reserve was insignificant, at 0.057 million bpd a day).

The conclusion is obvious : the DOE is hiding the dramatic decrease of the US production taking place NOW - as it was explained long ago here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have a question: aren't crude oil imports seasonal? If so comparing the average for a week in July to annual averages of previous years is not valid. Do you have data for July of 2003? (I couldn't find the data on the DOE website.)

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In July 2003 the average was 9.75 Million bpd

www.eia.doe.gov...

[edit on 5-8-2004 by MattMarriott]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think we entered now the $1 a day period

Nymex Crude $46.58 +1.08%

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Blizzards of figures aside, I'm not seeing evidence of a lie on the part of the DOE.

Where's the beef?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The lie is not warning the public about the consequences of an oil shortage. Oil effects EVERY aspect of the economy, all production, many consumer goods such as plastics, computers, medical products etc etc all rtely heavily or entirely on petroleum based products. Oil is not just fueling the cars, and it is not jsut fueling homes, it fuels the economy and the huge amount of food that is grown by machines, nad big agribusiness.

The DOE is worried about a scare in the public, they don't want people to know that if something isn't done soon, the world and AMericans could be facing the worst energy crisis the world has ever seen, and not only that but wihtout viable alternative energies, the world could have reached a point where it cannot sufficiently sustain the human populations that are living on it. Only time will tell, and the DOE doesn't want people freaking out before they have figured out what to do.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The conspirators are broke and yet they still spent money to put down the oil price by $9, from $49.40 (now inexorably rising again over $44).

An indication of how close they are to let the curtain fall.

Oil Leaps as U.S. Inventories Dwindle
Thu Sep 9, 2004 11:52 AM ET
By Andrew Mitchell
LONDON (Reuters) - Oil prices jumped a dollar on Thursday after the U.S. government said crude stocks fell to a fresh five-month low last week and distillate fuel inventories barely grew ahead of winter.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The fact is, oil is a renewable resource. We simply suck it out of the upper-crust resevoirs faster than they can fill back up.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
as i reply to all of these crisis posts:

when oil prices rise enough to provide significant economically viable alternatives, the free market will motivate individuals and companies to provide those alternatives.

can you name one resource in the history of mankind that hasnt had an alternative when it ran out?

[edit on 9/10/04 by spangbr]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
can you name one resource in the history of mankind that hasnt had an alternative when it ran out?

The fact that so many repeat this "argument" shows how easy it is to brainwash people with the mind control technique called "suggestion".

Best example of the suggestion technique : sequence of ape-like fantasy creatures between an ape and a human, suggesting that homo sapiens descend from apes.

In this case, all you need to mislead people is to take the terminal period of the unsustained production (Industrial Revolution), with TWO stadiums in 250 years
- coal
- oil

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
one example of a resource that hasnt found an alternative please

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

The fact that so many repeat this "argument" shows how easy it is to brainwash people with the mind control technique called "suggestion".

Best example of the suggestion technique : sequence of ape-like fantasy creatures between an ape and a human, suggesting that homo sapiens descend from apes.

In this case, all you need to mislead people is to take the terminal period of the unsustained production (Industrial Revolution), with TWO stadiums in 250 years
- coal
- oil

Oil is a renewable resource. It's the condensate of methane deep in the Earth's crust, between 5 - 20 miles underground. The oil that's easily accesible seeps up into underground resevoirs. The reason 4 barrels of oil are produced for every 1 barrel of oil is found is because it's ridiculously expensive to explore for oil compared to pumping it out of the ground. That's a misleading, useless statistic. "This year the world pumped 8 billion barrels of oil, and found an oil reserve for 2 billion." Sounds scary, unless you consider hundreds of billions of barrels of oil are already in the ground in known locations.

The world will never run out of oil. The reason wars are fought over it is due to accessibility on proven reserves. The US could be completely energy independent without much change of our lifestyle. And if the government could be suckered into spending 200 billion dollars on CONUS oil exploration instead of spending 200 billion dollars on a war that's killed around 40,000 people we would never need the Middle East again.

I guess it's just easier to convince people to go to war than to become energy independent.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Anyway the alternatives to oil are already present they are just not economically feasible at current oil prices. The efficiency of solar is rising at a steady rate and is becoming close to being ready for prime time.besides if oil supplies ever did drop to a place that became dangerous just maybe our politicians will get the backbone to make the American public understand the safety of Nuclear power. Oil scarcity is simply a scare tactic by environmentalists.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
We can't keep using oil. The worlds resources will run out eventually but thats hardly the point. We can't keep punishing the Earth with fossil fuels and such. You can run a car on vegetable oil, we could use more solar, wind power, hemp, all of which are renewable and don't harm the planet. It's just sad that those in power are looking out for the oil companies.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
taibunsuu:

Hate to break it to ya, but "crude" oil aint renewable...only plant based oils are. These are renewable as we can replant a crop and produce more oil...

The definition of a renewable resource is "a natural resource that can be replaced".

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

one example of a resource that hasnt found an alternative please

Easter Island used to have abundant trees covering the entire island. And then man showed up, viewed the trees as a never ending resource, ended up cutting them all down building huge stone heads, and turned a prosperous thriving island into a desolate barren landscape. Almost wiped every single person out.

What was their alternative to the trees? Violence and eating each other.

Better get your nosebones and clubs ready - we can't renew oil for millions of years.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by CatHerder]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In inflation adjusted terms oil is still nowhere near its real past highs. Sure the rise in gas prices has certainly reduced the pace of our economic recovery but in no way will it ever hinder our economy in a disasterous fashion. The price of oil will continue to rise with increased global demand and a fixed supply. But income is rising at a faster pace to more than compensate.

If oil prices ever reach their previous highs in today's dollar equivalent amount then alternatives would certainly be viable. GM has already pumped $1 billion into its hydrogen platform. I would expect hydrogen powered vehicles to hit the market in the next decade and account for the majority of consumer vehicles sold by 2020. Or a completely new technology not even thought of today could easily be dominant in 25 years time.

From GM website : "GM and BMWs goal is to have affordable and compelling hydrogen vehicles for sale by 2010 and the companies need to concentrate on the storage and handling technology to achieve this goal."

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
.............and a fixed supply. .................

..............................I would expect hydrogen powered vehicles to hit the market in the next decade and account for the majority of consumer vehicles sold by 2020.......................

From GM website : "GM and BMWs goal is to have affordable and compelling hydrogen vehicles for sale by 2010 and the companies need to concentrate on the storage and handling technology to achieve this goal."

I didnt know anyone had fixed the supply of oil did I miss that memo?

Electric and hybrids are already on the market and are near viable.

These corps must own large oil companies as well.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
one little island doesnt count towards my question. my question is mankind wide.

you could also run out of trees in your backyard but that wont count either.

one thing i would suggest to everyone though is that if you live way out in the burbs and drive all the way across town to get to your job you might wanna consider locating closer and in walking distance to school, shopping, grocery stores etc. like i did. it would also help cut down on emissions. plus you wouldnt waste so much of your life in your car doing nothing.

[edit on 9/27/04 by spangbr]

[edit on 9/27/04 by spangbr]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join