It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind, as God.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by YHWH2
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

For a theory to have validity an imaginative idea must be predicated on a rigorous basis of understanding in actual fact. Otherwise what one creates is more fantasy story than a credible alternative idea to be investigated.

Your so called theory has been explored by probably a dozen science fiction authors and new-age spiritualism gurus of the recent present past, a hodgepodge of items from a range of subjects, confusing the eminent Swiss psychiatrist and founder of the analytical school of psychology Mr Carl Jung's, Collective Unconscious, with some fantastical and computer-game inspired sea of minds horror story, including some of the vengefully wrong ideas by the misguided British author Mr Richard Dawkins, in his book with “Delusion” in the title. You further add, into this sad affair for a thread at this somewhat interesting place -- a misinterpreted basis of understanding in Protestantism.

Now, since you pose the question concerning the origin of G_D it is only correct for me to try and answer it, or in the least show how wrong you are in your theory:

Man has not been around for eternity as we have evolved from apes, and since G_D is eternal your theory falls apart by default. You see, if the mind is G_D and we as humans are all what you claim than we must have been around for eternity. And since there is no evidence of this whatsoever, and a mountain of evidence against it being the case does exist, in fact -- your theory stacks up to nothing more than a deck of cards, and ones which are not even that interesting, nor difficult to bring down, I must admit.

Instead of trying to discover the mind of G_D you might have prudently instead asked yourself the more important question concerning who might have created the Creator. This would have at least led you to perhaps a more inspired process of discovery and a much more robust theory. However, it seems you have presented a theory which is not only unimaginative, but which presents you as a failed theorist of a very basic order and rank.

I would normally not give you and this thread you authored a thought in passing, however since learning you have children and were discussing religion with them, I thought it only proper that you should inform them that in the highest level of debate concerning the existence of G_D -- that it is in fact the Northern Irish Professor of Mathematics, the mighty Mr John Lennox, who is way ahead of the lightweight Mr Richard Dawkins, in his real and actual EVIDENCE that G_D is real.

Toward conclusion; what you have “theorised” is worthy of nothing more than being used as a story in a B-grade movie from someplace other than Hollywood.

You theory has no merits, and is based on, no evidence which would withstand even the most basic scrutiny; no evidence whatsoever, in fact. Much better that you turn yourself and your children to an established mainstream religion from the monotheistic tradition, if you haven't chosen a religion to follow as yet. It's not proper that I offer my suggestion since you have not asked for it.

Then again, you might think catholicism might get in the way of your next earth shattering “theory”. But I hardly doubt it, for beginning from such inept “theorising” beginnings you have hardly even started out on your way. Make sure you don't get too lost out there, I suspect it may be difficult for you to find your way home, again.

Seeking Truth is a good and worthy thing, so far though, the road you have covered is one which is not even a road but a mere trampled path radiating from untruth and leading to untruth.

Finally, I really only wish peace for you and your loved ones.

Peace be with you,
YHWH2

edit on 3-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Additional point of interest added.

What was all that about

Also, I think you may have addressed your post to the wrong member because I believe that VVV (the OP) and Mrs VVV, do not have children yet

Oh well ... ho hum.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkfallen

It would still be hard to believe in everyone being a god, what if we were to say that each one of us has a fragment of god that makes up our mind and soul, this could explain why we are not perfect, yet intelligent and different to ALL other animals

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

The ambiguous nature of your question concerning what my post is about, makes it very difficult for me to answer, and so I won't answer, in fact. Given your "ho hum" nature, I doubt you'll mind too much concerning your admitted, "I'm in the dark!" statement!

Very interesting though, how you seem to have such a close and intimate knowledge of this 3 V character's personal life, that you know whether he/she has children or not! And yet the knowledge of your "rant" book information was unknown to him/her.

But your quite correct, I did address this statement concerning children to the wrong person. However, it doesn't change anything because the information is relevant and accurate as written.

Peace,
YHWH2

edit on 4-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Penultimate sentence inserted into the penultimate position.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Without two, there cannot be one.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Your condecending attitude are really not very nice mate.

You know nothing about me, yet you feel obliged to just go on and on about how ridiculous my "theory" is.You make alot of personal accusations that is very very far removed from the truth.

I would advise you to get off your high horse, and your holier than though attitude, and stop being so judgemental.

Like i have said earlier in this thread, this was merely an idea i felt like sharing, for discussion. Not a confession as to what i believe, or trying to push this on anyone. Everyone is free to believe what they want, it is not up to me to judge people for their theories, or beliefs.

It seems though that you feel obliged to rip into a persons personal beliefs and judge them on that.

Furthermore, i do not even have children, i don't know where you got that idea from, and even if i did, there is no way that i would ever let them listen to you, or your views concerning anything at all, least of all religion. So please, go and lecture someone else. And next time get your facts right.

You seem so convinced about your own beliefs, that you are not even willing to even comtemplate, or consider anything else than your own view on the world.

What i believe, or anyone else for that matter, has nothing to do with you, just as your beliefs has nothing to do with me or anyone else. All i ask is for you to get off your high horse, and stop judging people. That is not your job.

vvv

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

hun dont let naff people get you down, so you think outside the box..big deal. so do i there is nothing wrong with exploring alternate views and putting it up for intelligent discussion, it just goes to show you are growing as a person and willing to think about things that perhaps more limited minds wouldn't

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join