It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind, as God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If the god of the christian literature is defined as the creator, then we are the gods of god; because in my humble opinion, we (humans) created his him... or his mythology if you prefer.

IRM

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
If the god of the christian literature is defined as the creator, then we are the gods of god; because in my humble opinion, we (humans) created his him... or his mythology if you prefer.

IRM

:O i always wondered about that statement, if us humans did not exist, neither would God, as there would be no one to praise him.
edit on 3/6/11 by DesertedIsland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kirstiehughes

Welcome to ATS Kirstie
I love reading about NDE's. Looking forward to your thread on the topic

ATS member Kinglizard did a thread on his NDE, it was a wonderful read: My Near Death Experience And Ascent To Heaven - Kinglizard's thread
edit on 3-6-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by kirstiehughes

Welcome to ATS Kirstie
I love reading about NDE's. Looking forward to your thread on the topic

ATS member Kinglizard did a thread on his NDE, it was a wonderful read: My Near Death Experience And Ascent To Heaven - Kinglizard's thread

Thank you doobydoll

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
By ourselves, we are complex emotional/intelligent entities, but together, we are a powerful creative force. All is one. I am you and you are me.

Having a bad day? Serve others.

Taking an attitude of trying to serve others in every way possible, you unlock your creative potential, and you realize the power you have to change the world for the better.

By knowing you are serving yourself as you serve others, you now have a reason to serve others.

It's hard to make yourself a better person, but it is easy to make the world around you a better place. In doing so, you will have made your own life better.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Everything in this universe is in cycles, everything is about the infinite. Worlds are circles, solar systems revolve in a circle, oceans spread their water in an infinite flow, not circular by our view but definitely cyclical.
I agree with your logic as it makes sense in our universe. Life seems to repeat, mistakes repeat all for the singular being to be aware and learn from it, no wonder we always make the same mistakes hundreds of years later.

We are all part of the same experiment, all being tested in different levels making the one mind greater then it ever was, taking from these experiences more knowledge about life, death, good and evil.

I think God wants to know himself and he does this through us. It's easier to gain experience if you divided your "mind" into many minds that experience different things at different levels increasing knowledge over time faster then if you did it all yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is very similar to my view of God which I have developed based on logical interpretation of various religious beliefs.

I believe that we are all aspects of the creator's 'personality'; since God is said to be 'perfect' which can be taken to mean complete, containing all things, sentient beings are created to express all possible combinations of physical and mental traits.

I believe that our ability to create is an extension of God's initial creation of the universe; God created the matter and laws of the universe. The interaction of matter based on these laws created the celestial bodies (galaxies, stars, planets etc.) The interaction of celestial bodies such as the Earth and Sun created life, life gave rise to sentient life, and senient life gave rise to machines. One might say that it is all God's will.

With regard to 'Judgement', I think the term is misinterpreted. Abrahamic theists generally claim that after we die, our actions are judged to determine the ultimate fate of our soul. I believe that rather than being sentenced to eternal damnation or paradise, our soul merely returns to the source, as other posters have already stated. Rather than God judging our actions, perhaps he 'evaluates' our experiences to broaden his understanding of his creation.

Comparing the definitions of "judge" and "evaluate":

Definition of Judge
6. to pass legal judgment on; pass sentence on (a person): The court judged him guilty.
7. to hear evidence or legal arguments in (a case) in order to pass judgment; adjudicate; try: The Supreme Court is judging that case.
8. to form a judgment or opinion of; decide upon critically: You can't judge a book by its cover.

Definition of Evaluate
1. to determine or set the value or amount of; appraise: to evaluate property.
2. to judge or determine the significance, worth, or quality of; assess: to evaluate the results of an experiment.
3. Mathematics . to ascertain the numerical value of (a function, relation, etc.).

I feel that 'evaluate' is a suitable alternative to the idea of judgement. It suggests that God is more interested in the meaning of our experience, rather than punishing or rewarding our actions.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We are god, we were made exactly like god and have all of gods capabilities. BUT, we are NOT the creator.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Most people cant do much "godlike" things because they cannot think past the physical mind and body. We are actually multi dimensional beings that can "go" anywhere and "do" anything. I hope this 26,000 year old cycle "forces" us to realize our capabilities and I believe it will. If not, we will live in this same cycle of never knowing our true capabilities for another 26,000 years. If that is the case, much like now, only a few people will understand that their "astral" body is their true self and we literally "choose" to stay in the physical body with limited thinking.

I believe the time is NOW. I believe when "we" pass through the galactic center of the milky way we will "forcibly" be put into astral form, thus, realizing our true capabilities. Only then will we truly be able to do ANYTHING, and never have ANY limits. We are literally god. But not the creator. My god that would be a beautiful thing, and that is the only thing that will save us from sure destruction, at least on the earthly plane.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

God..... is not the Mind but rather the 'word'...
the creation of language that allowed us to communicate together, to conquer Nature...or at least work around Nature is the foundation of the 'god' concept.

our minds/brains have the innate factor we know as mysticism, awe, magic & mystery.... the creation of the universal 'God' was the natural cure to explain the unknown & mysticism & mystery...

and then religion was begat as the opiate for the masses...

order & control are 2 of the Pillars of this Temple of God.

as far as this collective.... sure we are all brothers & sisters in that we share the experiences of hunger, thirst, pain, love... etc etc....(and this list would include the mystical experience, therefore 'god' concepts)
we also share the stages of life...conception, birth, youth, vital period, aging, death... a return to the elements
so as to make room for new growth

edit on 3-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by hmdphantom

Yes, indeed, your physical body is immortal, but is your mind? Does your thoughts, feelings, conciousness dissapear after the physical body has died? Or does it transend time immortal, and lives forever in a sea of minds?

vvv

only your body is Immortal IMO.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

For a theory to have validity an imaginative idea must be predicated on a rigorous basis of understanding in actual fact. Otherwise what one creates is more fantasy story than a credible alternative idea to be investigated.

Your so called theory has been explored by probably a dozen science fiction authors and new-age spiritualism gurus of the recent present past, a hodgepodge of items from a range of subjects, confusing the eminent Swiss psychiatrist and founder of the analytical school of psychology Mr Carl Jung's, Collective Unconscious, with some fantastical and computer-game inspired sea of minds horror story, including some of the vengefully wrong ideas by the misguided British author Mr Richard Dawkins, in his book with “Delusion” in the title. You further add, into this sad affair for a thread at this somewhat interesting place -- a misinterpreted basis of understanding in Protestantism.

Now, since you pose the question concerning the origin of G_D it is only correct for me to try and answer it, or in the least show how wrong you are in your theory:

Man has not been around for eternity as we have evolved from apes, and since G_D is eternal your theory falls apart by default. You see, if the mind is G_D and we as humans are all what you claim than we must have been around for eternity. And since there is no evidence of this whatsoever, and a mountain of evidence against it being the case does exist, in fact -- your theory stacks up to nothing more than a deck of cards, and ones which are not even that interesting, nor difficult to bring down, I must admit.

Instead of trying to discover the mind of G_D you might have prudently instead asked yourself the more important question concerning who might have created the Creator. This would have at least led you to perhaps a more inspired process of discovery and a much more robust theory. However, it seems you have presented a theory which is not only unimaginative, but which presents you as a failed theorist of a very basic order and rank.

I would normally not give you and this thread you authored a thought in passing, however since learning you have children and were discussing religion with them, I thought it only proper that you should inform them that in the highest level of debate concerning the existence of G_D -- that it is in fact the Northern Irish Professor of Mathematics, the mighty Mr John Lennox, who is way ahead of the lightweight Mr Richard Dawkins, in his real and actual EVIDENCE that G_D is real.

Toward conclusion; what you have “theorised” is worthy of nothing more than being used as a story in a B-grade movie from someplace other than Hollywood.

You theory has no merits, and is based on, no evidence which would withstand even the most basic scrutiny; no evidence whatsoever, in fact. Much better that you turn yourself and your children to an established mainstream religion from the monotheistic tradition, if you haven't chosen a religion to follow as yet. It's not proper that I offer my suggestion since you have not asked for it.

Then again, you might think catholicism might get in the way of your next earth shattering “theory”. But I hardly doubt it, for beginning from such inept “theorising” beginnings you have hardly even started out on your way. Make sure you don't get too lost out there, I suspect it may be difficult for you to find your way home, again.

Seeking Truth is a good and worthy thing, so far though, the road you have covered is one which is not even a road but a mere trampled path radiating from untruth and leading to untruth.

Finally, I really only wish peace for you and your loved ones.

Peace be with you,
YHWH2

edit on 3-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Additional point of interest added.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Now the question might arise, where did God then originate from, the God spoken in all the stories.? Well, i would say, that man created Him, in our minds. There was a need to believe in something, because our minds were expanding, so it was created. But, because of the physical limitations of the body, this God could not be made real. So man created things like small statues, golden cows, etc. etc. that they prayed too.

A parable of Adam for you (like every parable, don't take it literally):

84. There are two trees in the midst of paradise. From one of them originate animals, from another — men. Adam ate of the tree which originates animals. He became an animal and then brought forth animals. Therefore at present, animals like Adam are held in respect. So, the tree of which Adam ate a fruit is the tree of animals. This is why his children became so numerous. And all of them also ate the fruits of the tree of animals. As a result, the fruits of the tree of animals begot numerous people-animals who now honor only man-animal. But God creates Men. (And these) Men create God.
85. Earthly people also create “gods” and worship their creations. So let these “gods” worship these people — it will be just!

This is the irony of "pagans" who create gods (often appearing as animals) and then worship them. There is indeed a creative force out there and it was given many different names and faces by us. The important thing is to separate ourselves from the "beast" -- that is: the ego, the "I," the self, "Satan," the "false god," etc. You become Man (or "Son of Man" in the Bible) when you conquer your Self. You are no longer an animal when you "cross" out your Self. This opens up the doorway to the "super-conscious" (enlightenment), leading us to become One with the Light of God.
edit on 3/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Few speculative questions.
Do you think that the mind can be perfect?
Do you think the idea of God is perfect?
Is perfection without error?
Can the mind err?
is the imagination the ability to not be perfect?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hey man, are you on the journey of trying to "awaken" yourself?
Because when most people come to realise things in a different perspective
when they think they are "awaking" they are not.
One thing you are doing wrong is simply asking questions, one must not ask but
discover. There is no need to find if god exists but instead find your ego, find the
true meaning of the ego.
The ego is a dumbass guy created by us unconsiously inorder for people to be
kept away from the truth. The truth is that most of us are not doing what we want,
we without realizing develop ignorance, desire and lower our self-esteem to
the point of using force inorder to let people know this is us, this is what the ego makes.

Whilst asking questions your only enlightening the ego which is what I realzed after
a few weeks into my quest for enlightenment, It will take time to reach it of course.
Remeber and be prepared, you will feel intense fear for a period of time
and that will be recgonition that you have reached the threshold, the test that
you have to pass or will remain like you was before. Trust in yourself.
PS: (Smoke loads of '___' it will help =D)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Always said the same - more or less --- Everything is inside us --- It matters NOT if God is what most think or what you say or neither! Fact is; he either gave us, or somehow we "got" a wonderful MIND, BODY & SOUL --- Anyway you look at it, it is a terrible thing to waste! Yet man only wastes it for more "stuff", more $$$, greater power --all of which is really NOTHING when one looks at the bigger realm of the universe-

We should be growing all our resources (internal resources within all of us) to cure the cancers, cure the hunger, cure the unhappiness, cure the greed, envy, hate and taking that man does --- That immediately releases IMMENSE outward resources to do the above GREAT STUFF --- We should be flying among the stars, not fighting to "get more than the other guy, or other country" --- Only small people with small minds think (and do) otherwise than good ---- Whoops - we call these small minded people "OUR LEADERS" - and most blindly follow and create excuses and unreal reasons to defend them. ----

I know of NO LEADERS -- I FOLLOW NO ONE!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
One consciousness. One Mind. One Energy. One Love. Read US Andersen's "the Magic in your Mind" or "three magic words" if you want to change your life and learn the truth of everything about reality.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I thought of this same concept not even an hour ago...

I was reading a book on clairvision and awakening the 3rd eye when i came to a deeper realization of who we really are. I had already came to the conclusion prior that everything is interconnected as one, but while meditating on this fact i thought, what if the concept of God we identify as being external and seperate from ourselves is actually each one of us just acting as a seperate, unaware whole.

Then i thought of how society looks at the concept of god, and how if we were to tell someone that, "i am god", theres no doubt that most people will flat out mock you because they are unaware of the concept.

I then recontemplated the fact that our world is backwards.

In ever single way.

Most of us know this already but, when you really think about it, the concept of each of us actually being god, makes a lot more sense when you reverse our conditioned ways of thinking.

As a matter of fact, if i think the opposite of everything we know, intuition tells me that is the hidden truth we continuously search to find...

Does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Dear VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep,

What you are saying has been said before it is gnosticism. It is what the Mystery Schools also believe. Bill Cooper did an excellent radio series on it, you can find it on YouTube. The I am all and all is me, we just don't know it at this second train of thought. We are not all the same, a finger is not a toe. We may be part of a larger body (that is what the bible states), but parts. God is the whole. There is no return once created, we have to grow.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

not exactly the mind, mind is a impure composite

it is (pure) consciousness, consciousness is the creator of all things

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join