It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind, as God.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
God is not the mind......this seems something that the satanic folk or athiests would come up with

And people who think the world isnt flat should be burned at the stake aswell? I love how open minded Christians are!
People aren't trying to re-define God any differently, just offering different view on how 'God' might manifest itself in the world.
edit on 3-6-2011 by kirstiehughes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

pretty good brainstorming and in a way very true aswell. when we die it is the end of the world (to us) , perhaps the rapture happened after all

in all seriousness though

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hi vVv
Have you ever read the Urantia Book?

I am currently reading it, it is VERY lengthy and I have hardly made a dent in it so far.

I think you may find it quite interesting: Urantia Book

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kirstiehughes

hahaha thats what i thought

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Hey Dooby.

No, never heard of it

Thanks for that link though , that is very very interesting indeed.

Lots of reading in my immediate future, lol

VVv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

pretty good brainstorming and in a way very true aswell. when we die it is the end of the world (to us) , perhaps the rapture happened after all

in all seriousness though

dont know about the rapture, seeing as 3% of the worlds population was meant to disappear

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

but how would we know.....people die everyday and effectively their world ends

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

but i doubt 200 million people died on that day, otherwise we could tell

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

are we responsible for what we do ?

will the collective judge what we did ?

do you believe that we have the right to chose ?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

are we responsible for what we do ?

will the collective judge what we did ?

do you believe that we have the right to chose ?

Yes we are responsible for what we do.

Like i said, the judgement is purely man made, it sprung from the deepest inner minds of people, as a sort of fear mongering control exersice, you can judge yourself on your conduct. I do not judge people, i leave it up to themselves to judge themselve.

And yes, i do believe we have the right to choose our own ways, within the rules of society.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
the story of creation states that adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit that gave them knowledge, this knowledge could've been consciousness (God himself/itself)?

another brain teaser is at what time in past did the first ever human develop this "God"?
edit on 3/6/11 by DesertedIsland because: no reason

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

so you are offering the same pattern as religion gives us. you are just choosing different names , IMHO.

thank you for replies.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

so you are offering the same pattern as religion gives us. you are just choosing different names , IMHO.

thank you for replies.

I am not preaching a religion here mate, merely stating something i was thinking about, and trying to explain it to you guys on ATs.

And this is not a religion either, this is merely a piece of philosophical wondering. Just sharing.

VVV

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

i couldnt agree more

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I hadn't heard of the Urantia Book until a few weeks ago. I had heard that it had quite a profound effect on many after reading it, and I was curious as to what this book could contain and whether it would affect my life profoundly.

It begins with the Central and Superuniverses .. before the creation of our universe by the Universal Father. I cannot really summarize because as I have said, it is such a huge book and I have only read just a fraction so far. A little soon to say what I think yet, but it appears to be like an unedited version of The Bible .. only WAY more interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

How do we know their world ends when they die?
It's more like they end for us in this world.

We are already dead in a physical sense - the body is a lump of chemicals and bacteria without the spirit.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ive been waiting to post a topic on 'similarities between acid trips and NDE' as the similarities in stories seem significant to me, once i hit 20 ill start it because i dont have enough posts yet

But yes alot of what you're saying about God being in all etc people describe in alot of NDE and '___'/Acid trips

''I think it would be news-worthy. 'Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves' . . . 'Here's Tom with the weather.'" Bill Hicks

"'Turn on' meant go within to activate your neural and genetic equipment. Become sensitive to the many and various levels of consciousness and the specific triggers that engage them. Drugs were one way to accomplish this end. 'Tune in' meant interact harmoniously with the world around you—externalize, materialize, express your new internal perspectives. Drop out suggested an elective, selective, graceful process of detachment from involuntary or unconscious commitments. 'Drop Out' meant self-reliance, a discovery of one's singularity, a commitment to mobility, choice, and change. Unhappily my explanations of this sequence of personal development were often misinterpreted to mean 'Get stoned and abandon all constructive activity.'"
—Flashbacks, 1983

"Of greatest significance to me has been the insight that I attained as a fundamental understanding from all of my '___' experiments: what one commonly takes as 'the reality,' including the reality of one's own individual person, by no means signifies something fixed, but rather something that is ambiguous—that there is not only one, but that there are many realities, each comprising also a different consciousness of the ego. One can also arrive at this insight through scientific reflections. The problem of reality is and has been from time immemorial a central concern of philosophy. It is, however, a fundamental distinction, whether one approaches the problem of reality rationally, with the logical methods of philosophy, or if one obtrudes upon this problem emotionally, through an existential experience. The first planned '___' experiment was therefore so deeply moving and alarming, because everyday reality and the ego experiencing it, which I had until then considered to be the only reality, dissolved, and an unfamiliar ego experienced another, unfamiliar reality. The problem concerning the innermost self also appeared, which, itself unmoved, was able to record these external and internal transformations. Reality is inconceivable without an experiencing subject, without an ego. It is the product of the exterior world, of the sender and of a receiver, an ego in whose deepest self the emanations of the exterior world, registered by the antennae of the sense organs, become conscious. If one of the two is lacking, no reality happens, no radio music plays, the picture screen remains blank."
—'___': My Problem Child, 1980 - Albert Hoffman

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

thank you for replies.

I am not preaching a religion here mate, merely stating something i was thinking about, and trying to explain it to you guys on ATs.

And this is not a religion either, this is merely a piece of philosophical wondering. Just sharing.

VVV

I didn't intend to offend. I was just saying that we have been told before and in a different way.

the truth is , if you found that you will be judged , then what are going to do for that judgment.

and what is the problem with religion ? we are creatures that tend to believe . even if we don't believe in religion there is some philosophy that we believe in .

there is no scape that we are believer creatures , is there ?

and religion is a structure that helps us find our way more easily.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

How do we know their world ends when they die?
It's more like they end for us in this world.

We are already dead in a physical sense - the body is a lump of chemicals and bacteria without the spirit.

YET somehow we can communicate with each other and create such a discussion as this.... it might be just a lump of chemicals and bacteria, but just that wont make this discussion possible, so what could it be?

the obvious answer for a devoted religious person would be our soul or spirit, and for a scientist it would be the electro magnetic pulses that stimulate our brain into thought (or something like that), but then there's the question of emotions- fear, love hate etc, how are all they possible?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join