It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind, as God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have been wondering about this possibility the last while.

What if what we call God, is actually our own minds? If our thoughts, our emotions, our essence really is what we call God.

In a sense then this would mean, that each and everyone of us is God, or at the very least are carrying God with us, since we all have minds. What if the "tree of knowledge" was a clue regarding this, eating from this tree, we would become like God, our minds would be free, in essence our minds became God.

It gave men the ability to think, to calculate, to buildt things, to create. Create, just like God can. Just think, the mind is able to create anything it want. You are only limited by your own imagination. In this sense, our minds are very Godlike indeed, but our physical human body limits us to what is possible or indeed not.

You can imagine all you want that you can fly, but our body does not allow it. Yet, your mind is capabale of imagining it, thinking it, and you can even experience it, if you really put your creative mental juices into action.

I also believe every human being on this earth are connected, their minds are connected. See it like this. A bunch of island in the sea, we can only see the tops of these islands, but underneath they are all connected. Same with us as humans, a collective mind. We are all one, one thought, one God.

Now the question might arise, where did God then originate from, the God spoken in all the stories.? Well, i would say, that man created Him, in our minds. There was a need to believe in something, because our minds were expanding, so it was created. But, because of the physical limitations of the body, this God could not be made real. So man created things like small statues, golden cows, etc. etc. that they prayed too.

Because the mind has to be given a physical appearance. But it is impossible, the mind cannot be personified, or created in the physical realm.

And when we die, i believe, we die and return to the collective mind. Becoming one again, with the very thing that created us. And so the cycle will continue for all eternity.

VVv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

This is basically how I see it. Consciousness is "God." We are ALL "God." Everything is Consciousness. Everything is "God."

We all create the Now, manifesting awareness, as the God Creators We really are.

Not much different from your thoughts.

EDIT to add: And yes, We are all One, each a piece of the One in an illusion of separateness.
edit on 6/3/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

EDIT to add: As far as where the God of the Bible comes from, I am a firm believer in Humans as genetic creation by an ET race. The petulant, worship-demanding Being of the Old T sounds more like a spoiled child than any all-encompassing One...
edit on 6/3/2011 by Amaterasu because: add more

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thank you for the reply.

I thought this type of thinking might be way to far out there. Glad at least someone can relate to this view i have. lol

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is what i think aswell, although maybe a bit different. Alot of what you're saying has been proven, i.e interconnectedness, conciousness existing outside of time/space and matter. Our minds do stimulate matter etc so i was thinking, what if the big bang didn't start off from a random particle explosion but what if it was just an idea which branched off rapidly, kind of like a train of thought, you start with an idea and slowly the idea begins to develop and fill itself out. Like the phrase 'Everything starts with an idea!'

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If what you say is true, then when a person dies, "god" dies with him, to him the world ceases to exist. The end of the world that is stated in the bible might be just the death of a human, the world ends for that person - end of the world, where all get judged by God.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
But we cant get judged by God if our minds are God, so we judge ourselves when we die?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

I disagree, thats like saying if you die in a playstation game, then the person playing outside of the game would die to. The creater is only defined by the laws of his creation when he emerses himself inside that creation, you cannot be defined by rules you have created, if that makes sense.Conciousness does exist outside of time and space so it is not restricted to the physical decay like our bodies are.

edit on 3-6-2011 by kirstiehughes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

If what you say is true, then when a person dies, "god" dies with him, to him the world ceases to exist. The end of the world that is stated in the bible might be just the death of a human, the world ends for that person - end of the world, where all get judged by God.
reply to post by DesertedIsland

Yes, and no. I believe that when you die, your mind, God, as some call it, becomes one again with the collective. So in an essence you don't die, but you become one with the origin again, might as well call it heaven. It is the invisible realm that exists only in our minds.

As for judging when dieing, that is a man made concept. Yes, you in essence just yourself, as you should throughout your live. You are in control of your life, and how you live it.

It is hard for us to seperate the conciousness from the physical. Because for mellinnia we have been programmed to be otherwise. I believe that the answers to everything, is locked away in each and everyone of us. And upon death, this revelation might be revealed, when you see the true scope of things.

Vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

it is not. because we exist for short period of time in this world. then we die.

the creature that I believe is god has created this world . he is the one existed from the first till last and beyond.

my mind changes as I think different.

is god a creature of constant change ?

may be you refering to mind as illusion. as every one dies , he/she understands that he/she is mortal. there will be only one truth that every one will face.

I am mortal and there is one immortal ruling the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Yes, indeed, your physical body is immortal, but is your mind? Does your thoughts, feelings, conciousness dissapear after the physical body has died? Or does it transend time immortal, and lives forever in a sea of minds?

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
For me "mind" or consciousness is an interaction between brain and spirit.
Spirit thinks through this brain-machine, which can be damaged according to our karma.
However, only death will truly separate the two.
Brain will leave an imprint on spirit, just as spirit left an imprint of personality when it first entered the body.

I don't think God is a meme, or a product of mind that requires the mind to exist (like the gene requires physical bodies to exist and multiply).

Both spirit and matter are energies of God, who has a distinct personality.
Because we have His spark, we also have individual personalities, and we sometimes think we are gods and can control nature.
We think we are the supreme enjoyers, when our bodies face old age, disease and death.

Freud looked for a scientific aspect to the mind, and some argue that the super-ego performs the same functions as a moralizing God (Freud's version of Jehovah).

So I think God, spirit and mind are connected.
However, we are inferior to God.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

you been reading my thoughts again vvv
i was actually thinking along those lines the other night when me and my 2 of my kids were discussing religion.

i have always thought that in a way we are god, god is in us, god is around us. iv never believed god to be an entity/being. iv always tipped my toes into the theory that god is actually energy a never ending circle powering everything around it, all living things, nature, the planets , the galaxy's etc. and when our bodies die our energy's mesh with its/his/hers, ready to be recycled again (into a new living thing? into an object? who knows.)

for our minds to comprehend such things we create ways in which it makes sense to us, as humans we have a an inane need to rationalize everything.

on a side not though..........all i can think about now is 'we are one. we are borg' bit freaky
ineed ot stop watching star trek

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The ancient saying ''Ye do not know that ye are Gods!''

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
God is not the mind......this seems something that the satanic folk or athiests would come up with
If there is no god.....then there is no god and people will have to except it but the mind will never fill the spot of a god figure.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I think that you should define what you are referring to as mind. thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
God is not the mind......this seems something that the satanic folk or athiests would come up with
If there is no god.....then there is no god and people will have to except it but the mind will never fill the spot of a god figure.

Well, sorry to dissapoint you mate, i was raised christian, by a very strict and conservative family.

I am not proclaiming, that what i say in this thread is the gospel, merely that this might be a theory, a possibility. People are free to add, twist, tweak, or modify this and have a discussion about it.

I certainly am not atiest, or satanic. So please don't jump to conclusions.

VVv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

i beg to differ i am neither satanic nor am i an atheist thanking you very much

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

I think that you should define what you are referring to as mind. thank you.

Your thoughts, your emotions, you whole being. Some would say conciousness, but for me that is to simple, to structured.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by hmdphantom

Yes, indeed, your physical body is immortal, but is your mind? Does your thoughts, feelings, conciousness dissapear after the physical body has died? Or does it transend time immortal, and lives forever in a sea of minds?

vvv

If your thoughts, feelings, consciousness disappear after your physical body passes away, then wouldn't that mean, the universe and everything in it, technically "disappears", seeing as without ones consciousness, there is no way of them interpreting this world as real. Therefore to them, everything has ceased to exist. - the end of the world

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
just brainstorming ideas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join