It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana: High School Senior faces 8 years in prison for harmless prank

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by ateuprto

Indeed this kind of crap proves that the sheeple was brainwashed successfully by the MSM.

Fear runs America. Fear runs the sheeple lives. There's a terrorist behind every desk... man up people! You think America would have grown like it is today if it would have been populated with pussies like that?

America has been pussyfied.

best post in this thread

because it true
and what was in the box all be it fake

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Seriously what did he expect ? I wouldn't say he deserves 8 years in prison but perhaps a year or so might teach him a lesson .

I'd say you deserve a year in prison for encouraging a wrongful kidnapping. Meanwhile the guy doing the prank deserves no punishment. If the police arrest you tomorrow for advocating violence, I won't complain about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Seriously what did he expect ? I wouldn't say he deserves 8 years in prison but perhaps a year or so might teach him a lesson .

That's ridiculous. Kids often do stuff without thinking it through first - that's why we call them kids.

Would you want to see your own kid get a year or 2 inside for pulling a blow-up doll prank?

(if the answers' yes, then please don't have any kids)

edit on 4-6-2011 by McGinty because: Edited to add inane quote...
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Sort of off topic, but I couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm so glad I went to school in the 60's & 70's as this BS overreaction would have made me so MAD, I'd have to do something about it!

Why aren't his school mates standing up for him and protesting his potential punishment? It's what we would have done back in my day.

It must suck living in a country that's continually having the LIFE sucked out of it

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Because everyone is too busy rushing to pay more than it costs to buy a house, to buy a piece of paper from college these days. Education is about making sheep, not making innovators. That is why our country is in the toilette now.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Couldn't agree more TKDRL.

The unfortunate thing is that what happens in the USA, at the hands of TPTB, trickles down to other countries like my own, as we are so interlinked by the banking system.

Until the American people say ENOUGH is ENOUGH, the rest of the world also has to suffer the consequences of the Elite's march towards their goal of a NWO.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Hell it is worse than that. Brilliant people often go to the states, because so be a doctor here can make you millions a year. While I was in the US I was lucky, I did a great doctor's floors, in exchange fore a $50 a visit. I only went to him for myself once, when I made the huge mistake of dropping my motorcycle and trying to catch it. I thought I was fine until the next day, I almost cried just lifting my arm, I ripped tendons in my shoulder. What is my point? I am lucky enough to have met and done my doctor's floors, along with my dentists. I am grateful, even though I am spiteful, does that even make sense?

My dentist still made more per hour than I did per day.... My doctor was a bit better, but I had to drive 30-90 mins south to get to his office, depending on traffic. And like I said, I never used the doctor much on myself, mostly on my nieces.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Totally deserved, send him down! Filth! these people need to know they are not above the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Those who have been in jail: "he didn't do anything that deserves 8 years in prison, this is tyranny because I don't like authority."

People who haven't been in jail: "screw him, ha ha, I never did anything bad in my life and I like seeing him get jailed and never become anything in life."

More likely those who have some inkling how the real law works…
And those who think they know how the law works based on what they are fed via the media…

reply to post by Pimpish

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by albertfothergill
Totally deserved, send him down! Filth! these people need to know they are not above the law.

Do i detect sarcasm, or has the ATS community at last found a pure soul who never transgressed in their God honest life...?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The police state must usher children into shackles at an early age. This is a prime example of runaway government and injustice within the legal system.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that he'll have to pay a fine and do some community service. He won't be sentenced to eight years in prison.

But here is my favorite part of this thread. You have some people who like to voice their distrust of the main stream media, yet they are also saying how ridiculous an 8 year jail sentence for a prank would be. Seems to me they've fallen for the MSM's shock factor they have to use in order for people to watch.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
With the recent exposure of American judges sending children and teenagers to prison for misdemenors in return for bribes by the prison industry I have to wonder whether this is what will happen here. The report clearly states that he placed the blow-up doll in the locker room and did not, as some of the posters here think, leave an unattended package so obviously he did not intend a bomb scare.

"In this post-Columbine world, that's what you get when these kinds of things happen," said Rush County Prosecutor Phil Caviness.

What a pathetic excuse by the prosecutor that is. Just because a tradgedy occured over a decade ago does not give the justice system an excuse to suspened all logical reasoning and blindly convict an innocent person because of the misconceptions of others. Once it was found out that there was no malicious intent behind the prank all charges should've been dropped.

Either the school district wants to make an example out of a student who made them feel foolish through there own fear or something dodgy is going on with the judges.
edit on 6-6-2011 by ScousePhil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

your a crafty one

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiloNickels
Why would anyone see a package and automatically assume it's a bomb?

Because the Goon Squad has worked very hard with this "War on Terror" to make us believe every package, suitcase, attache case carries a bomb and it worked. They did this so we would WILLINGLY allow TSA to grope us, bring in the homeland security gestapo, and sign off on the patriot act that lets them kick down your door anytime they want

America has sold out. I see here in this thread the many that say toss this kid in jail... he deserves it. What a load of crap.

Originally posted by Alxandro
What happened to the sex doll?

Goon Squad likely confiscated it

Prosecuter did say he is COMFORTABLE with the charges... odd choice of words...

Not to worry though... they are taking chemestry sets out of stores, outlawing chem labs and even sulfur because someone might make illegal fireworks and or a meth lab...

So if anyone gets to blow anything up it will only be the supposed Al Kaida that are running around free all over the USA...

They have won... the war on terror has made Americans into a race of WUSSES hiding under the bed...

sad... very sad

The locals need to be at that court house screaming outrage... wonder had this been done by a rich white kid... if the charges would have been the same.

Insanity rules in America... time to take the country back from the REAL terrorists

Watch these... then tell me what America has become

Homeland Security Probing 'Pre-Crime'?

Project Hostile Intent (FAST)

The US Department of Homeland Security is developing a system designed to detect "hostile thoughts" in people walking through border posts, airports and public places. The DHS says recent tests prove it works.

Project Hostile Intent as it was called, is aimed to help security staff choose who to pull over for a gently probing interview - "or more".

The DHS science unit gave an update on the project, now dubbed the less-hostile-sounding Future Attribute Screening Technologies (FAST)

DHS Claims The FAST Program has been through stringent privacy controls and that the data is never matched to a name. It is only used to make decisions about whether to question someone, and then discarded.

The THOUGHT POLICE
www.dhs.gov...

There is another video out about these trailers from DHS itself. It shows them screening people entering a special event and asking them if they plan to record illegally today or plant a bomb and watch the reactions

Here it is

original DHS video
"FAST" Coming to an Airport near YOU! - Future Attribute Screening Technology: The Machine That

Welcome to 1984

Homeland Security Detects Terrorist Threats by Reading Your Mind
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 6-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
We still enjoy a certain amount of that freedom here in Canada. So sad, that your country has become so militant, throwing innocent pranksters in jail, and letting the real criminals,continue to live a fine life ,leading the people in their positions of power ,and wealth.

Oh yeah? Remember OFFICER BUBBLES?

And HE tried to lock up everyone who laughed at him on youtube

edit on 6-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The more he explained, the more I laughed.

I mean the whole situation, a big strong man getting mad over bubbles.

When really it's more of his ego lashing out for her not submitting right away and look pon him with terror pon her eyes. Seems that offended him, so he had to let her know he was right in the end.

Officer Bubbles;

your pseudo anger towards bubbles was funny.

your pent up rage towards a random person doing basically nothing harmful? Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh I know that we have our leos with ego problems...but if that prank had been played at a local high school..there is no way it would have been prosecuted to that extent.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

First off...

WHAT A DUMB KID !!!!!

What a really dumb individual human being, to not only be so unaware of our current state of being in this country that no alarm in his head goes off when he thinks to fake a terrorist attack on his school..

One of the few taboos left in society ......He goes right after !......

It OBVIOUSLY was a prank....

He should be fined like $5,000.....Make him work off his fine by doing community service for the next 2-3 years but Prison for 8 years?

Is this kid as bad as a rapist ? a molester ? a murderer ? OBVIOUSLY NOT ! so he shouldn't be in the same category..

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join