It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical New Birth Control For Men: 100% Effective For 10 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I dunno... Couple shots in the nads? The only thing I can think of when I think of that is this scene from Serpent and the Rainbow:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This should be good for third world countries.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of health problems something like that would lead to in the future for whoever is dumb enough to get this done to themselves. I am pretty sure it's not a good idea to mess with our bodily functions like this.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
On the one hand... HELL NO! I would never do this! Getting shots in the testes can't be good, let alone the probable long term negative effects!

On the other hand... make it mandatory for every man in the world. Take away recreational procreation and only allow people to have kids once they have passed strict competency and financial standards. Ok, a tad extremist, but it would solve a lot of problems.
edit on 6/3/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here's where I get it in the nuts from the feminists. When talking or doing something about birth control there is NO option but to use the control on women. There is no other option that would work. If, like feminists would like, all onus was put on men to control to control the act it would not work. Think on this. No women had took any precautions and men were the only gender to be encouraged to take precautions. Unless all men did, it would take just one man to be fertile and he could make the whole of womenkind pregnant. As unpalletable as it may be but the only way to have any affective birth control is to concentrate on the female. She is the producer, he is just secondary.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
I wonder what kind of health problems something like that would lead to in the future for whoever is dumb enough to get this done to themselves. I am pretty sure it's not a good idea to mess with our bodily functions like this.

I guess that is why they have been running clinical trials for so many years; to study the side effects, if any.

From my earlier post:

RISUG is in advanced clinical trials in India; some of the men have been using it for more than 15 years. Right now, only local men near the study sites in India are eligible for the trials, though there could be a limited market release in 2012/2013 for Indian men. But there’s good news for men outside India: RISUG may be on its way to the rest of the world! In early 2010, a small foundation that grew out of the Male Contraception Information Project purchased rights to begin studying RISUG in the U.S. and developing it for the rest of the world. The goal is to have it on the market as an alternative to vasectomy as early as 2015, with clinical trials beginning in 2012. Its new name is Vasalgel™.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I hate condom. I dont mind being poked twice in the scrotum in exchange for real skin to skin sex with my spouse

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
is this using neem oil extracts? ive started taking neem oil supplementation as a form of male birth control.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There's already been a male birth control method for centuries.

It's called "ugly!"

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Ha!Hahahaha!

Well,there you go.

Life is tough if you're a woman.

Haaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaa!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redstripe1229

Yeah, well that method didn't work for me.

Actually, that method doesn't work for men at all, because the last criteria for women is a man's attractiveness. His wealth, his confidence, and yes in many cases his gullibility trump his looks by far.
edit on 3-6-2011 by joechip because: grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm not that knowledgeable on this stuff, what is the name of the company that one would buy stock in for the research and approval (and or production) of RISUG/Vasalgel.....I'm not sure if its Marksans Pharma Ltd, ICMR -New Delhi, VASALGEL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, The Parsemus Foundation or something else????
My understanding of such things is limited, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction....
edit on 3-6-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ramtheprince
reply to post by manta78

Good one but this has been there since a very long time (more than 5 years, it has been since i read about this).
I believe, one shot to one tube of a ball and one more to the other to kill the sperm when traveling.. but this is pretty old stuff.

Yup. a friend of mine told me about this a while ago and was upset the fda won't let it into the US. i would gladly do this.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
is this using neem oil extracts? ive started taking neem oil supplementation as a form of male birth control.

Although I am a believer in the multitude of uses of neem, it doesn't appear to be involved in this forumla according to an excerpt from an article here:

RISUG is made of powdered styrene maleic anhydride (SMA, a polymer), and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO, a solvent).

and:

RISUG kills sperm on contact through a chemical action called the polyelectrolytic effect, according to a research abstract on PubMed.gov: the gel coating inside the vas deferens disrupts sperm membranes by generating surface charge imbalances, causing essential enzymes to leak out, so the sperm become nonviable.

source

edit on 6/3/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
When it comes to birth control, it's a lot harder figuring out how to stop a bajillion little sperm than one little egg, but a scientist in India has managed to develop an injection for men that has so far proven to be 100% effective and completely reversible with no side effects.

The above reassures me so much.....a Dr., or you might as well say a government puppet says it completely reversible.....yea, right........sign me up...."NOT".....I wouldn't take anything they have to offer even if the said you will die in 5 mins if you don't.....I may die, but it want be those Bastards killing me.....or...screwing up my sex life.....

They can keep their FEMA Sperm prisons.....I want my little boys to have free reign.....
edit on 3-6-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

There doesn't appear to be any public stock sales involved at this time, keeping in mind these are foundations; you have all the names involved; I would probably send an email to The Parsemus Foundation if you are interested in more info from them. Also if you review my OP, the reason this has NOT gone forward until recently is that big pharmaceuticals are not interested in pursuing as there is not enough profit on something that is used one time, and last ten years......They do appear to be accepting donations to the foundation based upon an article here:

In February 2010 Parsemus Foundation officially signed a technology transfer agreement for RISUG, bringing RISUG research to the U.S. for the first time after more than 3 decades of research in India. Since then we have selected a contract manufacturer to make RISUG to FDA requirements, with an agreement signed and work started in November 2010. After that, the next steps are preliminary toxicology and efficacy studies (2011).

The new version of RISUG made in the U.S. will be named Vasalgel (TM). Parsemus Foundation has formed a wholly-owned subsidiary, Vasalgel Development Corporation, to develop it and bring it to market at an affordable price.

source

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You are all insane. Tell you what, you guys get this shot, then let me know in ten years if it's reversible. THEN we'll talk.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

They have already proved that it's reversible in clinical trials conducted over the last fifteen years; wouldn't be able to claim it was effective for 10 years otherwise. I am sure that the FDA will review those studies in detail before it is approved for release in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion

By advise to anyone out there thinking to get a vasectomy - don't, as you never know what the future holds...

I would have to beg to differ Par. If someone is thinking of getting a vasectomy, im sure they are contemplating it for a good reason. I myself had one done last year. Im gonna be 42 this year, i have a daughter, i married a beautiful woman 6 yrs my elder and she has a beautiful daughter too. We are done. If i had a child now, id be 52+ when it was 10. I dont want to be playin ball in the yard and break a freakin hip!!
Or 60+ when they graduate high school, cheering with my cane/walker in my hand. Thats what grandchildren are for ;-) But thats just me and my preferences. If there is ever ANY doubt you will want children later, then they shouldnt be contemplating a vasactomy IMHO.

Im with a few of the posters. What are the after affects of this on the dna of the sperm. What problems can this cause in the offspring of said users. (autism, downs, etc etc) I guess only time will tell as with anyth

My .02¢

Silver

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Caji316

"They can keep their FEMA Sperm prisons.....I want my little boys to have free reign".....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply by manta78

Funniest comment so far in this thread. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join